Chapter 9: A Broken Delivery

20/5/16 After School, Floodplain

After School finished I gathered with Chie at the floodplain to train together; however, I was still trying to process what occurred during the fight with Kanji's shadow and the event preceding it. It seemed that I wasn't hiding it well, as Chie soon stopped and looked at me with a worried expression.

Chie: "Is everything alright Y/N? You seem out of it."

Y/N: "Y-Yeah... I'm just thinking about what happened in the TV world with Kanji's Shadow."

Chie: "Wh-What about?"

Y/N: "Well, Yukiko and Kanji got a dungeon which their shadows took a fitting appearance of, so I was wondering what mine would be."

Chie: "I've never thought about that, but now you mention it, I'm wondering the same thing."

I sat on the grass, looking at the stream of water flowing down into a distant ocean. Chie joined me to my right. 

Y/N: "So what do your dungeon would have been?"

Chie: "Well, based on my Shadow. I saw Yukiko as my..."

Y/N: "Yeah... So you think it could have been something like a stage and Yukiko the actor you controlled, from behind the scene."

Chie: "Yeah maybe... What about your dungeon?"

Y/N: "Hard considering I never saw my shadow's other self. But I wanted control. I guess the castle was pretty fitting but even that seemed too small with what my shadow said."

Chie: "You think maybe some sort of prison where you have total control?"

Y/N: "No, I think that's still too small... Maybe my shadow would have been a god if I denied it."

Chie: "A god? That doesn't sound like you."

Y/N: "Maybe not, but it's the part of me I don't show every day." 

Chie: "Maybe..."

We stared at the water in silence for a couple of seconds, with nothing to add to the previous conversation. As the water continued to flow downstream I began to recall a memory, of a time when me and my sister were playing with Chie and Yukiko. We were so innocent not having a care in the world beside each other. It wasn't for long until I closed my eyes and tried to prevent any tears from forming. However, it didn't go unnoticed.

Chie: "Huh, Y/N are you alright?"

Y/N: "Yeah. It's just that I remember something... Chie, thanks for everything back then."

Chie: "Where's this coming from!?"

Y/N: "It's just you gave me an enjoyable childhood... Even if it wasn't for long, you gave me youth. So thank you."

Chie: "I-I..."

Y/N: "It's alright. You fine if we call it a day today."

Chie: "Y-Yeah, sure."

As I stood up from where I was sitting, I saw the Chariot tarot card appear.

Arcana: 'Thou aren't I... And I am thou... Thou hast increase their bond... It brings thou closer to the truth... Thou hast increased the Chariot arcana to their fourth level.'

The card disappeared as Chie stood up as well.

Y/N: "I'll see you at school."

Chie: "Yeah... See ya Y/N."

Y/N: "Goodbye."

I sauntered off back to Dojima's home and spent the rest of the day doing nothing of importance.