Chapter 10: The Pick Up Hick Up

6/8/16 Yasogami High, After School

Yu and I were sitting in a practically empty classroom as everyone hastily left when it began to rain. We were in the middle of a general conversation until Yosuke interrupted us and carried what seemed to be two pamphlets. He quickly looks around the room to see if anyone is looking at us before reaching between our desks.

Yosuke: "Hey, guess what I just heard!"

Yu and I just looked at him like he was insane, which, ironically enough, in the corner of my eye, I could see Insanity confused as well.

Yosuke: "When they're in the back of you, it's like a squeeze play!"

Yu: "Are you putting a baseball team together?"

Y/N: "If so, I know a guy who can help."

Yosuke: "No not that! C'mon, you know what I mean."

Y/N: "I don't we do."

Yosuke: "Sorry, I got ahead of myself. What I mean is..."

His eyes scanned the room, trying to snoop out anyone listening to our conversation.

Insanity: 'He takes more precaution in whatever the hell he's talking about than about the TV world in public.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Might be embarrassed or doesn't want anyone else to know.'

Yosuke: "I'm talking about how, when there's a girl sitting behind you on a motorcycle, they press right up against your back.

Yu: "What does?"

Yosuke: "Look, don't make me spell it out."

Y/N: "He's just messing with you, Yosuke."

Yosuke: "Really, dude... Anyway. I think motorcycles are the hot new thing for guys now. Girls like guys who spend time outdoors, right? So I got you two this."

Yosuke placed the pamphlet on our desks. I picked it up and inspected it, realising it was a manual for obtaining a motorcycle licence.

Yosuke: "Wanna get your licence with me, guys? Well, I can't afford anything bigger than a scooter on my budget, but at least that'll let us get to new places. Don't you think we deserve that much, seeing how we're investigating the case?"

I changed my focus towards Yu.

Y/N: "What are you thinking about this?"

Yu: "It sounds fun, so I see no harm."

Yosuke: "I knew you'd be down, partner. So, what about you, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Sure, though I am sorry to inform you, but I already own my motorcycle license."

I pulled out my wallet and withdrew my license from its containment.

Yosuke: "What? When did you get that?"

Y/N: "Oh, I got my Japanese license last year in February."

Yosuke: "Not the damn license card, but the ability to drive a motorcycle."

Y/N: "2 years now."

Yosuke: "Dude, you telling me that you've been able to drive a motorcycle for the past two years? How?"

Y/N: "Loopholes and connections. I'm able to drive a motorcycle and pilot a plane, but God forbid me to be able to drive a car a little early."

Yu: "You can pilot a plane?"

Y/N: "Yeah. It was a strange trip to Mongolia."

Yosuke: "Dude, how do you not have a girlfriend already."