Chapter 8: This is Uncomfortable

18/5/16 After School, TV world

After school, we all gathered together at Junes to enter the TV world, prepared to save Kanji; however, I felt that someone was watching me again during our trip to Junes. We made it towards the store's electronics section and climbed into the same flatscreen television we first entered. Once we arrived at the main lobby of the TV world, we immediately put on the glasses Teddie made for us.

Yukiko: "Amazing. We actually went inside a television."

Chie: "Oh, yeah. This is sort of like the first time you've been here. At least on your own free will." 

Yosuke: "What, you saying that you really have no idea where Kanji Tatsumi is?"

I looked over to my right to see that Yosuke was already talking to Teddie.

Teddie: "No. I can smell that somebody new is here, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where." 

Yosuke: "Well, why can't you?"

Teddie: "I can only imagine; it's bearcause I got so much on my mind. Like, where do I come from? Who am I? These questions are tearing me up inside!"

Yosuke: "Weird since your insides are filled with nothing but air."

Y/N: "Give Teddie a break, Yosuke."

Chie: "So what now? Listen, if Teddie can't find him, then we're totally screwed."

Yosuke: "Well, I don't know what else to do; maybe we should just call it quits this time."

Chie: "Quitting is not an option!"

Yu: "Oh, okay."

Y/N: "You too. We can't just give up already."

Teddie: "Wait, I know; maybe I could find him if you gave me a hint. Do you guys have any kind of possession of his that might have his scent on it?"

Yu: "We should ask Kanji's mother if she has anything."

Y/N: "It would be good anyway to see if she noticed anything before he disappeared."

Yosuke: "Yeah. We'll be right back, Teddie."

We climbed through a stack of televisions that hadn't moved since we first arrived back into the Junes electronics department. We rushed over to the shopping district, opening the door to Tatsumi's Textile. Kanji's mother sat in the position we saw her last time.

Yukiko: "Hello, Tatsumi-san."

Mrs Tatsumi: "Are you looking for Kanji? I'm sorry, but he hasn't been home since yesterday. I told the police about it. I'm concerned because it's been so dangerous lately."

Yukiko: "I understand why you're worried."

Mrs Tatsumi: "Thank you. It's normal for him to leave without saying a word, but he's always come home before."

Chie: "Huh, who knew? I would have thought he be out fighting till dawn almost every night."

Yosuke: "Hey, you're talking to his mother here."

Mrs Tatsumi: "It's okay. I admit he can be a little rough around the edges at times. Not too long ago, he got into a fight with some biker kids."

Yosuke: "Yeah, I heard about it. He took on that entire gang and destroyed them. All of them."

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Ain't that hypocritical.'

Mrs Tatsumi: "Yes, that's right. Truth is that it was partially my fault. You see I hadn't slept for days because of the noise their bikes were making. When he found that out, it made him angry."