Chapter Seven

"I'm going to miss you my babies, call me all the time."Josephine demanded as she hugged the kids goodbye.

They were all crying making the situation very emotional. I was holding back tears myself because I know how much Josephine meant to them.

"I'll miss you the most grammy."Clara sniffed clinging onto Josephine's legs.

"Me too baby but I'm only a phonecall away and you guys can come to visit in Florida."Josephine reassured them.

It took a while to calm them down but they eventually let her go.

"Savannah darlin', come say goodbye to to this old lady."Josephine demanded beckoning me over.

I smiled and walked into her open arms hugging her.

"Take care of them for me will you."She whispered in my ear.

"I will, I promise."I assured her.

"Good."Josephine replied pulling back.

She waved to the kids once more before I opened the passenger side door of the truck for her.

"Guys I know I don't need to say this but Savannah is in charge, obey her and don't give her a hard time."Nathan demanded.

He was driving Josephine to the airport so he was leaving the kids with me for a few hours. It would be my first time completely alone with them and I was a little bit scared.

"We'll be good pops."Luke promised him.

Nathan looked at me like he was both afraid for me and for his kids.

"We will be okay."I assured him even though I didn't feel that way deep down.

He nodded at me, kissed his kids goodbye before getting into the truck and driving off. We watched the truck until it disappeared out of sight before I turned to the kids.

"So what do you guys usually do on Saturdays?"I asked them.

The kids looked at me surprised and I could see mischief in their eyes as they tried to come up with ridiculous things to do.

"Wait, that's a trick question, you already know what we're supposed to do."Daniel announced and the smiles on their faces dropped when I laughed.

"Yes but I wanted to see how creative you guys can get. Anyway Ethan your guitar lessons start in ten minutes so get in the house and start getting ready. Ivy, you and your best friend Shaday are having a movie marathon in the living room so please make sure you stick to the movies your father approved of. Luke and Daniel you two are giving horse riding lessons today to some kids so get to it."I instructed them all.

"What about me?"Clara demanded.

"You and I have something exciting planned."I whispered to her making her dance around in joy.

"Guys what are you still standing around for, hop to it."I demanded clapping my hands.

They jumped into action immediately. Ivy and Ethan ran into the house while Luke and Daniel headed for the stables.

"It's just me and you sweetheart, what do you want to do today?"I asked her since I had lied about having plans for us.

"Grammy Josie and I usually bake in the morning then go for a picnic by the pond in the afternoon."She informed me.

"Do you want to do that or try something different?"I asked her.

"Something different."Clara replied sadly.

I wouldn't force her to do something that would make her uncomfortable. The wound of Josie leaving was still very fresh.

I was about to respond when a beat up grey chevy drove into the compound. Did everyone in Texas drive a Chevy?