Chapter Fifteen

"What did that dough ever do to you?"Travis asked walking into the kitchen.

His words stirred me back to reality and I realized that I had been kneading the dough too hard.

I huffed and pushed the bowl away giving myself a minute to breath. I looked up at Travis who was waiting for an explanation but I was not about to pour my heart out to him.

"Can I help you?"I asked ignoring his question all together.

"Yeah I came to ask if you have any duct tape. Are you okay Savannah?"Travis asked looking at me warily.

The answer was no but he didn't need to know that. I opened one of the drawers in the kitchen and retrieved a roll of duct tape for him.

"Here."I said handing them to him dismissively.

"You might not want to talk to me about what's going on but you do need to talk to someone. Keeping it all bottled up will do you no good."Travis advised.

"Thanks for the tape."He mumbled leaving me alone in the kitchen once more.

His advise was unsolicited but was he right? Did I need someone to talk to about about what was plaguing my mind? What would I even say? That I was jealous my boss went out on a date with a strange woman. That was ridiculous because I had no claim over him. He was my boss for crying out loud. He was allowed to date whoever he wanted. I thought him being with someone else would be good as it would allow me to move on from him but it was only giving me a massive headache, anger and jealousy issues.

What I needed was to get a grip and get my work done. Clara was depending on me to win her a turtle and that didn't include whining over losing her dad to miss wannabe Barbie.

Everyone was allowed to bring a maximum of three desserts to sell so I was making cupcakes, donuts and truffle cups in mason jars.