Chapter Nineteen

I ended up falling asleep and was woken up sometime later by someone shaking me awake. I groggily blinked my eyes open only to be met with a pair of green ones staring down at me.

"Nathan."I slurred drunkenly.

He was a blurry mess infront of me so I blinked rapidly to clear my vision. It didn't help much but at least I stopped seeing double.

"Milady, just how much did you have to drink?"Nathan asked.

"More than I should have."I grinned at him suppressing a hiccup.

"Clearly. Are you ready to go home?"He asked me holding his hands out.

"Where is Freya and Millie?"I asked realizing I was alone on the couch.

"I ran into Freya on the way in with Grover and Travis just carried Millie out."He replied.

Realizing that my friends were safe my drunk mind decided it was safe to go home with Nathan. I put my hands in his and let him pull me up. I stumbled forward and landed on his chest.

"Do I need to carry you out too?"Nathan asked with a laugh.

"No, I'm a big girl. I can walk on my own."I replied with a pout stepping back and trying to stabilize myself.

I failed miserably and would have toppled over but Nathan was quick on his feet and held me before I fell.

"Okay big girl, how about we walk out together."Nathan suggested.

I knew he was mocking me but my drunk brain refused to come up with a smart response.

"Okay."I nodded realizing I needed help.

Nathan wrapped one of his arms around my waist the other one holding my left hand over his shoulder. With his height and size he was basically half dragging my dead weight but I refused to let him carry me.

We made it outside and Nathan struggled but eventually managed to buckle me into the passenger seat.

"You're not going to get sick on me are you?"He asked me.

"As long as you drive slowly and carefully we'll be okay."I replied.

I knew how much Nathan loved his truck so I would do my best to make sure I didn't mess it up. Nathan started the truck and drove away from the bar's parking lot heading for the ranch.

Upon my request Nathan drove carefully avoiding hitting any potholes which I was extremely grateful for.

"Did you leave the kids alone in the house?"I asked when I realized that if the two of us were together then nobody was watching the kids.

"Only you would think about the kids in such a drunk state."Nathan replied.

"It's my job and I don't want anything bad happening to them because you're here taking care of my drunk self."I retorted.

"I don't mind being here and you can relax, the kids are fine. Raul is at the house."Nathan assured me.

"Good thinking. You're a good father Nathan, the kids are lucky to have you."I complimented randomly turning to look at him.

He spared me a moments glance smiling at me.

"I'm glad you think so and you are a great nanny, we're lucky to have you."He replied.

"Yes you are, I'm awesome."I declared making him laugh.

That sound made me happy. I wanted to hear Nathan laugh for the rest of my life but I didn't know where we stood. Did he like me or did he prefer Miss Barbie? I was so confused especially after the moment we had shared in the kitchen that had been rudely interrupted by his ex.