Chapter Thirty Two

Cookies. Hot chocolate. Bacon. The delicious smell of Christmas morning. I softly blinked my eyes open and turned my head to see Nathan seated at the edge of the bed with a steaming mug in hand and a plate of cookies.

"Are those for me?"I asked sitting up.

"Good morning milady and yes they are."He replied handing me the mug and setting the plate on the bedside table.

I took a sip and moaned as the sweet nectar caressed my tongue warming me up from the inside out on such a cold morning. Nathan smiled and leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"Merry Christmas my love."Nathan whispered looking into my eyes.

"Merry Christmas cowboy. Are the kids up yet?"I asked since it was a bit early.

"It's Christmas morning what do you think? I was sent here to come get you."He replied.

"Then what are we still doing here?"I asked trying to get out of bed but Nathan stopped me.

"Enjoying a quiet morning together before we share it with our five monsters. Let's take a minute, we have all day and they can wait for a few more minutes."Nathan replied smiling at me.

How could I say no to him when he was popping out the dimples at me? Nathan Barnes Lancaster had no idea how handsome he was and just how much his looks affected me. He was a blessing to womankind and he was all mine.

"How are you feeling today?"Nathan asked caressing my thigh.

My face had completely healed except for a tiny scar on my forehead that faded a little more everyday. My leg on the other hand was giving me more trouble than I bargained for. Bullet wounds took their time to heal and mine was getting in my way. It has been a month since the whole me getting kidnapped fiasco and I was still struggling to move about freely. I also had to reduced on the pain meds so I didn't rely on them too much. It was getting easier day by day but I was not back to full health just yet.

"I'm getting there but I am tired of being taken care of. I want to go back to being the one who takes care of people."I replied.

Because of my injury I didn't do as much as I used to. I did my duties but not all like vacuuming, driving and shopping were an exception. Nathan refused to hire someone else so he and the kids were picking up the slack where I failed. I was very grateful to all of them.

Freya had also been a huge help during my healing process and she made me understand what it felt like to have a best friend who loved you unconditionally.

"We love taking care of you because you do the same and more. Soon enough you'll be back on your feet completely bossing us around and running up the stairs."Nathan consoled.

Yeah another thing my leg was making difficult was going up and down stairs. For the first few days I'd stayed in Nathan's room but when I started moving around, going up and down the stairs had been too painful for me so I relocated to one of the bedrooms downstairs. It was not bad but it wasn't my room so I never felt completely comfortable.

"I can't wait."I grinned at him taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

Nathan and I spent some time together, enjoying a quiet morning before Ivy came bursting into the room demanding our presence in the living room or they would start without us. I asked for a few more minutes so I could brush my teeth and wash my face.

Nathan held my hand as I limped all the way to the living room because I refused to use clutches. Maybe that's the reason my leg was taking longer than expected to heal. But no matter I still wouldn't use clutches.

"You did a good job on the house."I complimented Nathan as I admired his handiwork.

The whole house was covered in ornaments, lights, garlands and wreaths. Nathan and the kids had spent days decorating the house and I helped by untangling the lights since I was stuck to the sofa as they did all that.