ˋ⊰1⊱ˊ To find a Princess

Quick A/n: Sorry this is so short, hope you like the story. Also, please don't stop reading since you don't have powers, just continue to the next chapter and that's where your powers are introduced. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at the Smoothie Bar sitting beside my sister Iris who was explaining how she lost a babysitting gig to me and her crush, Nathaniel, and she went on to explain how whenever she sings something weird happens.

I was listening while sipping on my regular order.

"I don't think I was meant to be a singer," Iris said dejectedly.

"You kidding" Nathaniel put his hand on Iris's and she blushed, "You have a beautiful voice, besides I saw this on the cafe's bulletin board and thought of you," he handed her a flyer.

I craned my neck towards the left to peak over and then see what was on the flyer and Iris started reading it out.

"Wanted, lead singer for a girl band, Lolirock. Auditions today!" she briefly paused, "I do love singing, but I can't, something weird would happen," she looked hurt at her realization.

"What are going on about Iris? You're made for singing, you should try out, I'll go with you if that makes you feel better, who cares if the judges start floating" I speak up, saying the last part mockingly.

Nathaniel walks around the counter, "There are two things I know about you, one you're weird, and two, you're the happiest when you're singing"

"Thanks, Nat, but I just can't," Iris looks down before grabbing her bag and getting up. Nathaniel grabs her hand, "Think about it, promise me?"

"I promise"

She walks out of the smoothie bar, flyer in hand.

"Hey Nathaniel, I got to get going, see you later!" I say as I get up and walk out.

Nathaniel smiles and waves to me as I leave before serving more customers.

I was walking my usual route home when my phone beeped, I pulled it out of my bag to see a text from Iris, "I'm going to the audition, could you meet me there?".

"Yeah ofc" I reply and turn around to walk to the address she sent me.

I see Iris standing outside the building and walk over to her, "Huh, maybe I'm not the weirdest singer here," she says to herself

"You definitely aren't," I say walking over to her and putting an arm around her shoulder.

"You came," she says shocked, for some reason.

"Of course I came, what do you take me for," I say pretending to be hurt and dramatically put the back of my hand on my forehead.

We both laugh before we wait in line.

It takes a while but it's finally her turn and she walks in. I wait outside for her.

After 30 seconds, a giant pink beam bursts out from the top of the building.

I see Iris run out and right past me, I follow her trying to figure out what happened in there, "Iris wait up" I yell to try and get her attention but to no avail.

I keep chasing her until she stops at a lamppost, "Iris what the he-" suddenly a metal clang is heard above us.

A green crystal is lodged into the lamppost, and it's about to fall. I push both me and Iris out of the way and we both look up again seeing two people floating, one, a dude, is holding his arm out.