ˋ⊰7⊱ˊ Xeris!

A/n: Another chapter, also thanks to everyone reading this book as it just got 100 views! I'm so thankful for you all and I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was already off to a horrible start. You had woken up late and missed a bit of training which Taila wasn't pleased about, and because you missed a few minutes of training, she made train for another hour. You were pretty tired by the end of it and planned on taking a nap after it. You only got thirty minutes into that nap when Iris burst into your room telling you that you had to get up because the twins were causing trouble again.

That leads to the present, where you all were being chased by the twins. You were on a cliff and nearing the edge. You panicked but jumped and Taila created a crystal that caught you and slid you down to the ground to continue running.

It felt as if Mephisto was targeting you as green crystals repeatedly tried to block your path. This didn't hinder your sprint as you dodged everything thrown at you. You attempted to fire crystals back at them but you missed as you had to focus on escaping.

You could hear something big coming from behind you and you looked back, to your shock a giant purple mass of magic was headed straight toward you and the girls. Auriana who was already looking at the magic summoned a shield and when you saw her do that you summoned a shield too creating a half-yellow and half-indigo crystal.

You two were bracing for impact but it never came as the twins made the spell fly over your shield and head for Iris and Taila who were still running.

"Iris, Taila, look out!" you and Auriana screamed.

They both looked back, Iris kept on running but Taila turned around taking something out of her jacket, "By the power of Izira!" she yelled holding out the circular object.

From the object came a blue beam of light that disintegrated the purple magic coming their way, the spell was almost as big as the crystal Luxtra spell and the power coming from it was slightly pushing you back.

Dust caused by the magic was still settling but you could make out the faint outline of Auriana stuck in a tree, Iris getting up, and Taila rubbing her head as she sat on the ground.

"Woah, high volume much," Iris commented.

"Ow, my ears! This is worse than that night we opened for that speed metal band," Auriana was lightly rubbing her ears.

"That was amazing Taila, I have never seen something so bright and glittery, and wow I really can't hear a single thing right now," Auriana's compliment trails off.

"It was amazing and pretty powerful," you add in.

"That was close, too close," Taila ignores everything you three said.

"Luckily for us, you were there. But what was that Taila, was it a new spell?" Iris asks.

"Uh, nothing, it was nothing. We should rehearse we have a show this weekend." Taila stammers before walking away to hop on Amaru.

"Is it just me, or is Taila acting a little weird, I mean you two saw that right?" Iris looks back at the both of you.

You nod but Auriana looks off as if she hadn't heard what Iris said.

"Auriana? Auriana?" Iris repeats louder with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you talking to me? Your lips are moving but no words are coming out of your mouth" Auriana slightly yells to hear herself talk.