7. Confusion

In the evening Virat deliberately left the room so that he could finally follow Rohit and find out where he was going.

'Cheeku, what are you doing?', Mahi asked.

Mahi just came from a walk and saw Virat pacing in his room. He was surprised by that.

'Ab mai aapke room mai bhi nahi aa sakta', he asked pouting sadly.

'When did I say that?'

'Aapka matlab toh wohi tha na'

Mahi made him sit on the bed, Virat immediately placed his head on his shoulder.

'Kya hua, why so grumpy?'

'Aapko pata hai, Rohit is hiding stuff from me. He is not sharing anything recently'

'Like what?'

'He said na ki he has stomach cramps yesterday, he was lying bhai. I saw him with a girl having coffee last night. And when he came back, he had some allergic reaction due to which he got sickness. When I asked him what did he have for breakfast, he said he didn't remember'

'Cheeku, is he okay now?', Mahi asked concerned.

'Bhai, he will be okay only na I was there with him whole night and morning too. That's not the point now'

Mahi shake his head at the grumpy kid here.

'What do you want to do then?', Mahi asked seeing his irritated face.

'He is going to meet her now, I want you to come with me to follow him'

'Cheeks, I am not going to do that. That is extremely childish'

'I knew you didnt love me anymore, mai akela hi chala jaunga'

'Virat'

Before Virat could say anything his phone rang. H talked for few mins while Mahi was thinking how to make him understand.

'Aapki nazar lag gayi hai, plan cancel. Meeting mai jaana hai ab mujhe'

'Cheeku'

'Mai baat nahi kar raha aapse', he said and left the room being grumpy.

Mahi sighed at that behaviour and went to check on Rohit.

_

'Hey Ritika, how are you?', Rohit greeted as she called him.

'I am good, u okay? U sound different', she asked in concern sensing difference in his voice.

'Ya am okay' he said. He was surprised that she could sense the change in his voice.

'Are you really okay, I don't why u sound low'

'Umm, I was having sickness yesterday and some allergic reaction. So because of that I am sounding like that', he said not able to hide it anymore.

'Ohh, u okay now? What allergic reaction?'

'I don't remember exactly. Anyway leave all that, are you ready? We had to go outside', he asked diverting the topic as Virat has already scolded him so much about that.

'You seem really excited to go out with me?' She asked teasing him.

'Why not, how can I deny to a beautiful girl like you?'

'On how many girls u have used this like to flirt'

'Do u really want an honest answer?', he asked.

'Yes'

'You are the only one, Ritika', he said in his smooth and husky tone which send shivers to her even if it was on the phone she could feel it.

'It's really sweet of you Rohit, but I am really sorry. I can't make it today. I know I had made plans but I have got an appointment which is very urgent. So can we postpone it pls', she said feeling guilty hearing his excited voice early on.

Rohit got sad at that because he was really looking forward to see her. He didn't know why he was so impatient to see her but he wanted to.

'Rohit please I am sorry, don't get upset with me'

'Arey don't apologise so much, I understand. It must be really important', he said in understanding.

'Pakka u are not upset' she asked cutely which melted his heart.

'No baba,I am not upset, you go and attend the meeting. Best of luck for that', he said softly.

'Bye Rohit, thanks! I will call you later', she said.

'Bye, will wait for your call', he said and they hanged up the call.

He lay down on his bed sadly as he was not able to meet her.

'Ro, u awake?', Mahi knocked the door and asked softly.

'Yes bhai, come na' he said getting up.

'How are you now? U look so pale, did u have ur meal properly' he asked immediately seeing Rohit.

Rohit cuddled to him immediately feeling bored and tired. He denied movie plan with Virat and now Ritika was also busy.

'Kya hua, u okay?'

'Meko tired feel ho raha hai, I had meals properly. U know Virat na, how he gets when I am sick. He himself made me eat everything'

'Then take some rest kiddo, I am here'

Rohit cuddled to him and slept as Mahi was patting his head.

'He is here, how come Virat was saying that he was gonna meet some girl', Mahi thought looking at sleeping figure of Ro.

_

'Hi Virat, sorry for short notice. But we thought we could wrap up as early as possible', the official said.

'No problem', he said politely though he was cursing on the inside.

'yes here she is', official said and Virat turned to see the person.

'Virat, meet Ritika she is your new manager'

'Hi Ritika' he said politely.

Ritika gave a polite smile in return but she was scared inside. She knew who he was and had heard things about him already from Rohit.

'I will leave you both now, have a great day' official said and left from there.

'Please sit', virat said as she was standing.

Ritika took a seat in front of her. She didn't know how he was in real life. As they had shown in TV or as Rohit mentioned in bits.

'Ritika, this job is comfortable for you right. Because it is tough to manage a sports person like me or Rohit. If you are not then there is not pressure okay, I can talk and say that it is me. You don't have to worry', he said softly.

She felt comfortable now as he said this.

'It is no problem Virat', she said.

'Great, then let's meet tomorrow', he said.

'Sure'

'Should I drop you somewhere?', he asked getting up.

'No its okay-'

'Ritika, its not safe now. So please dont deny', he said seeing as it was getting dark already.

'okay, the hotel', she said.

Ritika sat in the car. She was extremely tensed now as Virat didn't know that she was friends with Rohit and how they were getting closer as she felt. She was so confused with all the incidents and situation.

'God, why can't my life be simple, she thought.

_

Here is the next one!

I hope you are happy now and not grumpy anymore ictxscribbler ❤️

Drop ur comments and tell me how u like it.

Happy Reading!