8. Tangled

Virat was driving and Ritika was looking out of the window not knowing what to say to him. Just then her thoughts were broken by his phone ring.

'sorry, I have to take this', virat said seeing the caller's name.

'go ahead!', said Ritika politely.

'I have to keep it on speaker. I can't drive while talking and holding the phone'

'it's okay as long as you don't mind me hearing your convo', she said respecting his privacy.

'I don't mind, as we are gonna work together! It will be a normal convo anyways. No secret mission you know', he said knowing what will be the conversation.

Ritika chuckled at that.

'Vi, where are you? I am waiting since so long. Does it take this long in a meeting? India ka next president choose kar raha tha kya!'

Virat just rolled his eyes listening to the sarcasm.

'don't u dare roll your eyes at me'

Ritika was shocked and surprised that the caller could understand that reaction of Virat through phone. The voice felt familiar to her but could not be sure.

'Rohit, I will be reaching in half hour. Did u have your dinner? Medicines liye?', he asked softly.

Ritika finally understood that it was Rohit to whom he was talking to but why they sounded like that.

Was he really this sick? Virat sounded so concerned.

'I am not having dinner without you! Come fast', Rohit said being stubborn.

Ritika got a little surprised by that conversation. Little was an understatement but definitely it sounded weird now.

'Ro pls don't be stubborn. Please have something atleast, I am reaching in sometime toh dinner sath mai hi Karenge. Mere liye kha le!', he said in the softest emotional tone as possible.

Ritika felt awkward to hear that way. Were they? No but being with Rohit she didn't feel like that.

'you always emotional blackmail me!', Ro whined on the otherside.

Virat chuckled at his whining voice and added, 'it always works!'

'don't boast urself now, come soon', Rohit said.

'Cheeku, drive slow okay! I am here with him don't you worry. I will make him eat something, he is just being cranky as he has to have soup', Mahi said.

'he is okay Na bhai?', Virat asked softly in concern.

'yes he is, it's just tiredness and irritation'

Virat sighed and hanged up the call, 'sorry about that', said to Ritika who may have felt awkward about the convo.

'no problem', She said in low voice as now she felt awkward after that conversation.

They had a silent journey after that. Ritika didn't know what to talk with him specially after that phone call.

'we reached, see u in the morning'

'sure, good night. Thanks for the ride', ritika said.

' Ritika don't be so formal. Being a Punjabi doesn't suit us right! Ohh yes, we can be Punjabi friends wow, what say?'

Ritika chuckled at his childlike excitement.

'I would like that', she said seeing genuine tone in his voice.

'awesome! Good night then'

He said and was hoping like a monkey towards his and Rohit's room.

'don't u dare enter the room, I am not talking to you! You are late! Get out', rohit said sternly.

'shut up! Stop being so cranky, meeting mai tha na! Kyu natak kar raha hai!'

Rohit just turned his face in annoyance. Virat could not help but chuckle at his childlike annoyed face.

'don't laugh!', he said in irrtation.

'stop acting like a child. Mai dinner leke aata hu!', he went outside the room.

'bossy!', He frowned but it did not last long. As his phone rang seeing which a bright smile came onto his face.

'hey Rohit, I hope I didn't disturb you?', Ritika said.

Ritika called to ask about his health listening to their call in the car.

'no u didn't! How did ur meeting go?', he asked hearing her voice which felt so nice.

'it was good! I got the job which I finally wanted', She said excitedly, she herself didn't know why she felt so happy to share it with him.

'wow, I am so happy for you! Congratulations!' ,He was genuinely happy to hear her cheerful voice.

'thank you! How are you now? Are u okay!', she asked in concern.

'yes a lot okay now!'

'what okay, you are anything but okay!', Virat said coming in the room and arranging the dinner.

'I have to talk to you about something important', She said sensing Virat's voice.

'talk to you later!', He whispered without hearing what she had to say and hanged up the call.

She sighed at that. That meant Rohit had still not said anything to Virat about their meeting and calls. Not that they were a couple or something but atleast being friends.

Tomorrow she was gonna meet Virat again probably with the team! This is just getting tangled now!

'Oye chal Khana kha le, and before u start whining it's not soup so come now! I am hungry', Virat said and they had dinner talking about one thing or the other.

Virat still had suspicions on Rohit because he noticed that he was speaking on call with someone. He was gonna find out in the morning.

_

Probably the shortest chapter! Sorry for that! I got a little lost in the plot!

Will make it up in next one! Which will be long and probably more worth reading!

See u soon in next one!