Multiple Mks

꧂𝔻𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟꧁

☾ ̷Y̷o̷u̷'̷r̷e̷ ̷n̷o̷t̷ ̷s̷t̷r̷o̷n̷g̷ ̷e̷n̷o̷u̷g̷h̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷b̷e̷ ̷o̷n̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷r̷ ̷o̷w̷n̷☽ 

.

.

❣𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓯❣

Angie was tired. Really really tired. 

It had been 5 days since she started training with Macaque and she still hadn’t figured out how to unlock her powers. Macaque had been giving her a reasonable training schedule but Angie kept staying up late trying and failing. 

It hadn’t been better at the noodle shop either. Every time she tried to hang out with MK to relax with him, he would always be busy. MK was either working, painting Sandy’s boat, or parting with Mei. And while she would love to join in or have solo hangouts with them, she just wanted to sit with MK in his room, and binge Monkey King: the Animated series. Just have a nice peaceful time. But no~ the world just wouldn’t let her be happy. 

‘I hope MK is at least having a good time,’

______________________
MK was not having a good time. 

Every day he was working, painting, and parting. It didn’t sound bad on the surface, but he was doing it nonstop with zero breaks for sleep and relaxation. Plus he was unable to hang out with Angie. He was just, dead tired. 

MK slammed his face on the table, exhausted. “Wow MK,” Tang said looking at him, “You look like hot garbage. Tired?”

“What, me, no, I’m not tired. I just need to close my eyes for a couple of seconds…” MK tried to deny it but his face fell into his bowl of noodles. Tang used his chopsticks to grab MK’s hair and lift him from drowning, “You’re working yourself too hard MK. Working all day, partying all night, painting boats? It’s not good for a growing boy. You need to have time to relax,”

 “It’s just… I don’t wanna let my friends down, you know. I wanna help out in the store, do arts and crafts with Sandy, and party with Mei-me-me-mei,” MK reflected, “Plus, it’s been WEEKS since I hung out with Angie, but I don’t have the time. It’s too hard, I’m just one guy,” MK sighed.

“Too bad you can’t make duplicates of yourself like Monkey King,” Tang said. MK looked at him with confusion. Tang pulled out the book MK and Angie made about Monkey King. He points to one of the drawings the young artist had made.

MK noticed how it didn’t look exactly like Monkey King, realizing that he never showed Angie the wall photo yet

 “You know, one of Monkey King’s 72 transformations. Pluck out some hair,” Tang yanked some from MK making him scream in pain, “Blow on it,'''' O… okay?” when MK did, it fluttered to the floor with nothing happening. 

“And some monkeys pop out,” Tang finished while MK looked disappointed. Suddenly the hair piece started to glow yellow, it transformed into a cocoon, then a stone egg, and finally a MK. 

The two MKs looked in shock at each other, “Yup, a perfect clone of you pops out,” Tang backtracked, “Exactly like I said would happen,” He began to slurp up his noodles. 

The MKs run up to each other, “Whoa! Holy Moley! YOU (I) LOOK EXACTLY LIKE HIM (YOU)!” The two echoed. OG MK got hyped like no tomorrow, “AW YEAH THIS SOLVES EVERYTHING! Now I can be at all the places, at all the times,” Tang looked at them with a worried look. 

“Thanks, Mr. Tang,” The MKs said at once, “Couldn’t have done it without ya!”

Tang began to think about the situation, “You know, if I wasn’t so relaxed and cool, I’d be really worried about the consequences of this,” 
______________________

MK went over and dropped off his first clone with Mei, then one with Sandy, and finally a bunch with Pigsy. Now he was in bed, relaxed, and finally getting the sleep he really needed. Until his phone started ringing. 

“*groan* what now…?” MK turned over to grab his phone, seeing that it was Angie calling him, “Oh right, Angie! I can totally hang out with her now!” MK remembered, but then a wave of sleepiness hit him like a truck. He wants to hang with her, he really did, but he was finally getting a moment to relax in eons. Maybe a clone could fix this…

MK pulled out another strand of his hair and made a clone, not realizing that he was half-bald at this point. “Yeah, boss?” The clone asked, MK waved his phone lazily at the copy, “G-go hang out with Angie. Keep her s…safe,” OG MK fell back asleep as the clone stared at the phone. 

“Keep her safe…”
______________________
Angie and the clone began to walk around a park, the copy wanted to be outside and Angie wasn’t going to argue. She was just too happy to finally be hanging out with MK. One-on-one. With zero magic monkey business. She had her phone out, taking pictures of anything slightly interesting in the park.

“What are you doing?” ‘MK’ asked.

“Taking reference photos that I’m never going to use,” Angie explained, “You wanna help me?” ‘MK’ nodded. He pointed at little items of interest like flowers, berries, little critters, and more. The two found a bench and began to joke around, as Angie selected a choice few items to draw. It was just like how it was before the monkey powers, and it was nice…

*SMACK*

Angie sat still when a soccer ball hit her on the back of her head, hard. 

“Sorry! Are you okay?!” A kid, around eight to ten, ran up to her, apologizing. Angie didn’t give any verbal response, her face was blank as she stared into space, as still as stone. She slowly raised her hand to give a thumbs up. ‘MK’ stood up, glaring at the child.

“Hey! What do you think you were doing?! You hurt my sister!” ‘MK’ yelled.

The young boy had tears in his eyes, “I-I’m s-sorry mister! I-it was an accident!” But ‘MK’ wasn’t hearing it, after all, he was supposed to protect Angie. 

“Oh I don’t want to hear it bi-!” a hand grabbed his jacket sleeve, tugging a little.

“MK, chill. I’ll live. Leave the kid alone,” Angie pulled ‘MK’ away with little hesitation. She gave the kid the ball back, “Here, and be careful about where you kick it,” The kid grabbed the ball and ran off as Angie stood up and grabbed her sketchbook, “Welp, that’s enough outside for one day. Wanna go to Pigsy’s”

‘MK’ was about to agree until he thought about the other clones. They would be rushing in and out making deliveries, and Pigsy would see that there were multiple MKs. He then thought about something, “Hey, why don’t we go to your place? I’m sure your uncle wouldn’t mind. Plus I’ve never been there so~” 

He was right, MK and the rest had never seen where Angie lived. They had never even seen her uncle. Angie always said that he is more introverted and nervous with new people than she was, which was why he never met them. But it has been 3 years of friendship and still nothing. ‘MK’ knew that OG always wanted to meet Angie’s uncle, every clone knows everything about their original after creation.

“Sorry dude, but my uncle is the only way to get home, and he is not the most… Presentable person,” Angie declined, trying to find the best way to explain the situation without saying, ‘My uncle is a shadow demon monkey with six ears that lives in a cabin far away in the mountains!’

"How about staying in your apartment? It'd be nice to binge a show," Angie asked, "*yawn* also, your bed is comfy,"

"Angie, do you want to cut this short? You seem tired,” 

“What?” Angie shook her head, “Nononono! I’m F-fine. I don’t want to flake out on you,” She continued walking around the park as ‘MK’ followed. He petted her head, “Angie, sis, I don’t want to drag you into an activity when you’re clearly tired. I’m here to keep you safe,” he put his hand under her chin, “You wanna tell me what’s up?”

Angie sighed, “It’s a dumb personal activity. I’ve been kidnapped twice, so I’m trying to get better at fighting. My uncle has been helping me out, and I haven’t gotten much sleep practicing,” ‘MK’ stopped in his tracks, but Angie didn’t notice and continued talking, “*yawn* Maybe you’re right, but are you sure you won't feel bad for me, basically, flaking on you?” ‘MK’ appeared in front of her out of nowhere.

“No no, it’s fine. I understand completely,” ‘MK’ gave a wide smile, “Now where are you going, home? I can take you there if you need me to,” 

“I’m heading to the shadow theater. My uncle works there,” Angie explained.
“Then I’ll walk you there,” ‘MK’ grabbed Angie’s wrist to drag her out of the park. When they were finally in the city Angie got out.

“Look, MK, I’ll be fi-”

*SMACK*
Angie ran right into a street sign, “...You know where the theater is, right?”

The entire time Angie looked like she was about to drop dead while ‘MK’ kept a hold of her. Glaring at anyone who came within six feet. 

“So, your uncle, wanna tell me anything about him?” ‘MK’ asked, trying to start up a conversation.

“O…oh, uh…” Angie didn’t want to tell MK everything, Macaque had specifically told her not to tell people much about him. Saying that he hated meeting new people. But she didn’t want to lie to MK… Maybe she should just tell him some half-truths…
“Angie?” the clone snapped her out of her thoughts, “Are you okay? You’ve been silent for a while,”

Angie blinked her eyes and did a fake yawn, “Oh Yeah! I’m just tired. Um... I’ve been living with my uncle for three years now. 

“Is he on your mother’s side or your father’s?”

“Oh, we’re… not biologically related. He’s my legal guardian but I find that awkward to say so I call him my uncle,”

“Why not dad?”

Angie laughed to herself, “I am convinced that if I were to call him dad he would cry,” she explained. It was nice to talk to MK like this, it felt like he was starting to act normal again. With her not realizing that ‘MK’ was taking a mental note of everything she said. 

“So what about-” 
"Alright, we're here," Angie clapped her hands together, and there they were, outside of the theater, "Thanks for getting me here MK, see you tomorrow," She walked forward but 'MK' put his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, I have a great idea. Why don't I meet your uncle? I've got some important matters to discuss with him about your sleep schedule," When they stepped inside, a small crowd of people exited the theater. 

"OH! Uh…. W-well, y-you see…" Angie studded before clearing her throat, "Look, my sleep schedule is not that big of a concern. You don't need to talk to my uncl-" Before she could finish, ‘MK’ dragged her into the stage room.

It was a big space, with multiple rows of seats circling the stage. It looked even bigger with how empty it was. The only person that they saw was a cloaked figure sitting in the first row. Angie got out of ‘MK’s grasp and ran down, “Hey, uncle!”

The cloaked figure turned his head around to look at her, and took off his hood, “Hello Angie, you're earlier than usual. Instead of the demon monkey that she expected to see, it was a normal-looking human.