Spider, It Just HAD To Be Spiders

꧂ℕ𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕣 𝔻𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙꧁
______________________
☾ ̷c̷r̷y̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷a̷n̷d̷ ̷f̷e̷a̷r̷ ̷i̷s̷ ̷f̷o̷r̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷w̷e̷a̷k̷☽
.

.

❣𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼❣

“Man, the market is busy today,” Angie walked with her hands in her hoodie pocket. The street market was crowded with vendors and people haggling over prices. She could barely hear her music at full blast. It was loud, way too loud.

The teen walked around at a quick pace, not wanting to alarm anyone by running. She needed to get out of her, there was way too much noise. She looked around in a panic trying to find an exit, and while she didn’t find an exit she noticed a cute little market shop.

 It was filled with plushies of multiple animals, and not just ones found in China. Axolotls, Racoons, and Capybaras were the ones that Angie focused on. But she couldn’t find her favorite animal.

“Um, miss,” She called out to the shopkeep, “Do you have any possum plushies?”

The woman turned and looked at her with a little bit of shock, “Possums? Well, that’s a very uncommon request, but yes I do,” she turned around to grab some of the plushies made. She turned back with an armful of possum stuffies that were all screaming.

“Aw~ How much?” Angie coed. The woman handed her one, “Free of charge, I’ve got way too many as it is,” 

Angie kept her eyes on the plush, “Are you sure? I can still-” she looked up, seeing no one there, “...pay… Welp, guess you’re mine now,” Angie continued to walk around, now with a cute plush. Specifically, a brown four-eyed possum. Not noticing the goddess she talked to or the monkey watching her.

______________________ 
Monkey King was on the roof of nearby buildings, disguised as a bird. He watched the teen girl to make sure she would be safe. I mean, Angie got kidnapped multiple times, so why wouldn’t he worry? 

‘She looks so much like her,’ Wukong looked closer and noticed the little possum the teen was holding, ‘Huh, the kid seems to like possums… ding!’ Monkey King smirked and moved down to a nearby alley, changing shape.

______________________ 
Angie moved into a nearby alleyway, wanting to get away from all the noise. She sat down on the ground, back against the wall, and hugged the possum plush tightly. It was too loud, way too loud. Too many people yelling, and her headsets couldn't cover the noise like before. 

She moved her hands on the sides of her headsets, squishing them to her head, and closed her eyes shut tight, with the feeble hope that it would block out the noise from everyone. But it wasn’t working. 

“Come on Angelina, get yourself together,” she commanded herself, “If you start crying now you won't s-stop. Don’t cry don’t cry, crying and fear is for the weak,”

Angie’s breathing became more rapid as she removed her shaking hands from her head. Her eyes were beginning to water, “ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵗʰᵉ ʸᵉˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ,” she whispered to no one in a hushed voice. The teen opened her eyes slowly seeing her possum plushy was no longer on her lap but off to the side, with a real possum in the spot instead.