Strings of Love

Time just stopped making sense to him. Syntax had no idea how long it’s been. He didn’t know how long he had been kidnaped; originally supposed to be food. How long has he been forced to work for the Spider Queen, making robotic spiders mind-control the population to become her servants? More specifically, how long it has been since his one hope of escape was quickly diminished. 

The truth is that neither of them could have predicted what could happen, and no one was to blame. But that’s not what he told himself. He didn’t blame Angie for not being able to get him out. He willingly separated himself from her, it was his own fault that he was still there. At least, that’s what he thinks to himself. Syntax had zero motivation to keep working, but his life was on the line. He had to keep going, he couldn’t stop.

 Especially when that tall spider was staring him down like a five-star meal.

Long Legs sat crisscrossed in front of the entrance to the computer room, trapping the scientist in. He was ordered by the queen to make sure Syntax didn’t escape, not like Long was complaining. Anything was better than doing patrol. Although he wished that the queen would be more kind to the prisoner, after all, Syntax accepted his proposal. He was technically in the family now. Syntax was his mate.

Syntax stopped typing and looked back at the spider demon. Long Legs’s pupils grew bigger knowing that his partner was looking at him; the spider’s face looked like a puppy Syntax would have called it cute if it wasn’t for the whole kidnapping. The two continued to look at each other until a voice yelled out from the hallway

“YO! Lankey! The Queen needs us!” Spindax announced. Long Legs stood up, towering over his sister. He turned his back to her and reached out to the shaking scientist and hugged him tightly.

“May I take the human?” 

"Sure, take the nerd if you want. I don’t care. Just be careful cus the queen might," 

The two walk down the corridors with Syntax being forcibly taken with them. After his attempt to leave with Angie the spider demon, or Long Legs, was much more clingy than ever. The demon had always shown Syntax a kindness he didn’t expect, always cuddling him when he was scared about the Queen or stressed from the thought of dying, giving him food, offering blankets when cold and-the weirdest one to Syntax- taking the scientist to the demon’s room. 

When Syntax was first captured he was not given any place to sleep, so he ended up sleeping on the uncomfortable chair in the tech room. As soon as Long noticed how stiff Syntax’s back was and how much pain he was in, the spider grabbed the scientist and took him to his room. 

It wasn’t anything fancy, just a small room with mushrooms on the edges being the only source of light. He had shelves in an unreachable area and webs everywhere, with one clump hanging from the walls resembling a hammock. Long Legs climbed in with syntax and cocooned the man in a soft blanket. 

This practice of Syntax sleeping in Long’s room has been happening a few times a week but after the escape attempt every night. The scientist has zero clue why Long Legs does any of this but he appreciates it. 

No, no he doesn’t. This was all just an attempt to keep Syntax healthy so he could still be of use to the Queen. Long didn’t care about him. Everything Long has done is just him following Spider Queen’s orders, nothing more.