CHAPTER 9.

Jimin pov:

“Oh, for ... Mike, get the fuck down.”

He was wearing his usual shorts and Hawaiian shirt and was up on a ladder poking around in the drop-ceiling in the snack room. His voice was muffled as he replied.

“What?”

“If you’re going to wear baggy shorts and get on a ladder, I’m begging you, wear underwear. We play “Free Bird” here, we don’t enact it. Nobody needs to see that shit.”

He pulled back, took two steps down and looked at me. “Seriously? Didn’t think about that. Sorry. It’s all good. We’re done.”

Big Mike slipped the tile back in place and got off the ladder. He nodded grimly at me as if we were co-conspirators taking down Nixon. Jerking a thumb towards the ceiling, he continued. “Cameras. Right at the fridge. This shit ain’t gonna stand.”

“I’m gonna need a little more than that. What are you talking about?”

“Some son of a bitch stole my Thin Mints from the freezer. I was saving them. My last box. They’re gonna try to play me like that? Gimmee a hand.”

He headed off to his office and I followed him. He handed me some papers he’d printed out and some scotch tape.

“Hang these up around the place.”

PROFESSIONALISM

It’s the halmark of any sucesful busness. Thats why you people cant act like degenerat fucking animals and steal food from other people including me, but also everybody (but mainly me). If my Thin Mints arent returned to the freezer I’m gonna find out who stole them and ruin you’re career. Think I’m joking? Try me. Just put them back and everythings fine. You can buy them online from the Girl Scouts. You got to Next Wednesday.

Sincerly.

-Mgmt-

When I check the cameras and see them returning the cookies, I’ll have them.”

“So, you’re not gonna let it go if they return them?”

“Fuck no. The hell with that. What sort of dick steals cookies?”

“Did you run this by Lini?”

He was clearly irked by the question. “What, I need to ask permission to do shit in my studio?”

“No, I meant to have her type it up. There’s a few ... peculiar spellings.”

“They get the point, right, smartass?”

“That you’re a psycho? Yeah, probably.”

“I’m tired a people walking all over me.”

I doubt anyone’s taken advantage of Big Mike since he was eight-years-old. He posted the fliers himself.

“Leia’s uncle? Kim Namjoon? I unbanned him. He’s coming down today to talk.”

Mike raised an eyebrow. “Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay. Let me know if you want me to deal with him.”

“Thanks, but it’s not gonna be a problem. Tell Lini?”

Going back to my office, I sat down and reread my articles about Namjoon and the rough drafts. Was I rough? Yeah. Was it all true? Also yeah. The main question was, was it deserved? I wasn’t sure. He was a jackass, but music labels produce assholes at record rates. Why did I come down so hard on this one? Why hadn’t I ever spoken out before? I wasn’t too happy thinking that I had abused the small amount of power that I had.