||Chapter 3: Nicky Roth||

Quentin parked his car outside of the street, looking at the poster of Nicky it looked like a picture of him after he was found.
But the kid looked roughed up, brusies and had a nasty cut on the side of his face and was close for his eye.
"Jeez. . . Some part of me hopes Mr Peterson wasn't behind all of this."
Quentin got out the car, closing and locking the car door, and walked up the street.

~

"Huh. This is a quiet place."
There weren't many houses, it was a coldisac but only three houses were present, two across from each other and one between them.
"Hm. Now which house. . ."
He probably should have asked the lady which house and not just for the street name.
Screw it; he'll just knock on a house and ask them.
So he walked up to the house in the middle and rang the doorbell.
The door opened and an elderly lady peaked out,"Good morning, Madam.", "Oh hello there, young man. . . You aren't trying to sell me something are you know?", Quentin shook his head,"No, no. Nothing like it, I was just wondering if you know where I can find Nicky Roth?", she smiled, pointing to the house with a yellow car parked in the driveway,"The young man lives there, hope he's not in too much trouble.", Quentin tipped his hat to her,"No, no. I just need to ask him something.", so the lady closed the door and Quentin walked over to the house with the yellow car.

~

*Knock*
*Knock*
Was he even in?
I mean, the car is here so he must be here, unless he's just out on a walk or run. . .?
But then Quentin heard footsteps inside and he knew someone was home.
The door was unlocked and there was Nicky Roth.
Quentin immediately knew it was the right guy, the guy had a scar the same place as the kid does in the picture.
"Can I help you? Who are you??"
Quentin held out his hand,"I'm Quentin, I'm a journalist.", he frowned,"Oh, uh well what do you want?", Quentin held up the picture,"I'm gonna need a statement from you.", Nicky's face immediately dropped, paling even and stepped back,"Sorry, um you got the wrong person.-", Nicky closed the door, Quentin immediately stopped him,"Wait! Hear me out!", "I know what you want, but I'm giving you anything about the incidents!", Quentin sighed, guess before the news tried to get a story out of Nicky from whatever happened.
"Now; I need you to corporate with me, you have no right to trust me but I know you know something about Mr Peterson."
Silence.
"Why do you want to know about him."
"More disappearances have happened and I think he's behind it but I have no proof."
. . .
The door creaked open,"More. . . Disappearances?", Quentin nods,"Yes. . . 3 kids and even a cop and a journalist.", Nicky opened the door more, Quentin sighed,"Look, I just need to know what you know and I'll not take long.", Nicky stared at him, could he trust this Quentin guy?
After all; Everyone in Raven Brooks lies.
. . .
God what did he have to lose at this point anymore?
"Fine, come in."

=

"What do you know about Mr Peterson?"
Nicky sighed as he made a drink for himself and Quentin,"Honestly, not too much. But I was friends with his kids, Mia Peterson and Aaron Peterson.", so they are his kids, Quentin nods as Nicky turned to him,"He seemed normal, up until his wife passed, followed by Mia's disappearance he started to seem. . . More off than usual, but when Aaron also disappeared that's when it became rare to see Mr Peterson around the neighbourhood.", Quentin nods,"How do two kids God missing?", "Who knows. . . But, myself and the other kids were close friends with each other as well as with the Peterson's kids, so we found their disappearance very odd and suspicious. It wasn't long before they tried to break into Peterson's house.", Quentin took out the page,"So this was their plan?", "Yep.", Nicky poured the coffee into two Mugs,"But just like Aaron and Mia, they went missing too and then I tried to do the same thing. . . But when I got into the basement, I got knocked out and according to my dad I was gone for 2 weeks.", Quentin shuddered, Nicky passed him the mug, sitting down across from him with his own cup,"During my escape from Mr Peterson, I got this scar as a reminder of what happened and not longer after I was finally free of that man, we moved away before the press could find out what had happened to me.", Nicky drank the coffee, Quentin stopped the recording,"Sounds rough. . . I don't think you could even explain to the them what happened.", "Not like they would have believed me.", Nicky put the cup down, Quentin tapped the pen on the notepad,"I see. . . I'm guessing you know nothing about The Guest?","The Guest?", Quentin shook his head,"Nevermind, uh. . . It's just something else.", both were silent, Quentin thought about it and put the pen down,"Look, you want answers to what happened to your friends? And I wanna prove Mr Peterson is guilty.", Nicky nods,"I guess, yes.", Quentin nods,"Exactly; Why don't we team up?", Nicky pushed away he cup,"You want me? To go back to Raven Brooks??", "You know more about Mr Peterson than anyone I have met in Raven Brooks, also the most corporative, if we figure out what his plan or what happened to the missing people we both have a win in this.", Nicky sighed, running finger against the scar on his face under his eyes,"I dunno. . .", "Come on. . .", silence fell on the kitchen, Nicky was thinking and Quentin was just hoping.
. . .
"If I go back and help you, you'll put that man behind bars and find out the truth?"
"I swear it."
Nicky sighed, and held his hand out,"Fine, Quentin. I'll help you out.", Quentin smiled and shook hands with Nicky,"Thanks Nicky.", "Don't make me regret this.", Nicky knew he was going to regret this.