||Chapter 10: Mr Peterson's House||

"Okay!"
Quentin laid out a plan in front of them,"We need all three keys to open the basement and get that board off the door, we can get it off first but if Mr Peterson is in the house we have to be more careful than last time, we need 3 keys and we could get in the basement.", Nicky nods, rubbing his eyes to get sleep out of his eyes, he wondered how he managed to stay awake for so long back then.
As Quentin got ready, Nicky took the time to gather his thoughts and mentally prepare himself for having to face off Mr Peterson once more.
"It's fine. . . It's fine. . ."
Thoughts kept running through his head, one of them being the saying; 'Some Always Days In Raven Brooks', Nicky hoped things would be this time around, he wanted answers and wanted to see Mr Peterson behind bars.
"Hey, it will be okay."
Quentin walked over to him,"We'll find out the truth and Mr Peterson will be behind bars.", Nicky nods, rubbing his scar before following back inside.

=

Night finally fell.
"So where would the keys be?"
Nicky looked at the house,"A key should be on each floor. One on the ground floor, second floor and the attic.", they approached the house, Nicky checked the window and sure enough Mr Peterson was there watching the TV.
Nicky and Quentin decided to use the same strategy from last time; Go in two different ways.
So Nicky took the front and Quentin took the back.

~

Nicky slowly pushed open the door, creeping inside Mr Peterson was still watching the TV and seemed to be watching some show of The Dancing Demon, it was a old cartoon but a good cartoon.
Creeping away from him, he snuck upstairs as Quentin got inside from the kitchen.
Deep breaths, Nicky... You've done this before, it's nothing new. . . 

~

Quentin looked through the drawers of Mr Peterson's room.
"!"
A key!
It was the blue key, so they just needed to find the red and orange key!
Footsteps.
Quentin immediately hide in the wardrobe, ducking down and peaking through the crack while keeping a hand on his mouth to try and make little to no sound.
Mr Peterson came in, he stopped walking as he saw the drawer on his bedside open and the key gone.
"That journalist. . . You've meddled in my house for the last time!"
*SNAP*
Oh no. . . Nicky!

~

Nicky covered his mouth, bitting down a scream and tears of pain!
HE JUST HAD TO BE THE ONE THAT GOT STUCK IN THE BEAR TRAP!
He moved himself into a wardrobe, hissing in pain and took quiet deep breaths as he heard footsteps approaching.
He covered his mouth, hearing Mr Peterson's mumbling anger about finding the Journalist.
Guess Mr Peterson still didn't know he was back in town. . .
Once Mr Peterson was gone, Nicky took the moment to get the bear trap off his leg and it was painful as hell but. . .
*Click*
Thank God. . .
He put the trap out of the wardrobe, shuddering as he looked at his leg that was once again messed up by a bear trap. . . Damn it.
Nicky shook his head, he stood up and looked for a key and ran into Quentin,"! You're okay. . .!", "Yeah, I'm fine. . .", Quentin held up the blue key,"We need the red key and orange key. . .", Nicky looked up,"The attic may have the orange and I'll try and find the red key.", so they split up again, Nicky hissed as he walked on his leg as he walked around.

~

Quentin looked around the attic, seeing so many missing people posters and a key on the desk!
"Yes. . .! The Orange Key!"
He just needed to find Nicky!
But he had a better idea, so he got out his crowbar and left the attic to head to the basement.

=

Nicky pulled off the boards and unlocked the keys.
"Quentin. . .!"
Nicky rushed over,"What happened?-", "I uh, fell and hit my head when leaving the attic because of Mr Peterson, did you find the Red Key-?", Nicky held it up,"Yeah, it was in a clock let's hurry before Mr Peterson gets back. . .", so Nicky unlocks the final key and Quentin opened the door to the basement to see the darkness that awaited them.
. . .
"This is it."
"*SQUACK!!!*"
Nicky turned around, The Guest ran at them and grabbed Quentin and immediately Nicky grabbed him to try and keep him from getting taken!
"QUENTIN!"
"SHIT-I FORGOT ABOUT THE CROW!!"
As Nicky turned to pull Quentin back, Quentin tried to hold onto Nicky's hand but he knew it was pointless.
"Nicky. . . get down in the basement and find out the truth. . .! Tell the whole world the truth. . .!"
"QUENTIN-"
"WHO THE HELL IS IN MY HOUSE!"
In that moment, Quentin lost his grip and Nicky fell backwards into the basement as Quentin was dragged away from the basement and the basement door had slammed shut!