||Chapter 8: Questioning||

Nicky and Quentin split up again, but this time they were going around asking questions about stuff they still had no answers to.
Nicky still kept his hood up, he wasn't use to be being back and he did not want anyone to recognise him, not yet at least.

~

*BANG*
Nicky noticed the elderly man, who has just fried his gun at a porcelain bird.
This town really didn't like this Raven or Crow.
Nicky climbed over the fence and walked over to the old man, he didn't get too close because of the gun the guy had on hand.
"Excuse me?"
"What can I help ya with, I'm a bit busy with target practice!"
Another bullet shatters another fake bird.
"Uhm, I wanted to ask about The Town Raven?"
The old man turned to him,"You must be the tourist, of course I'll tell ya what we know about The Raven!", he put the gun against a few boxes, sat on the boxes and turned to Nicky.
"The Raven, to the Mayor, is a fairytale to scare people but I've seen the Raven, I know for a fact that Raven is behind the snatching of residents."
He elderly man pointed around them,"With the open field and a worst near by, I'll be sure that bird is shot down!", "Why do people call him a guest and where's the most likely place to see this Raven.", the Elder guy smiled,"You curious and wanting to see it? Perfect; The Guest might as well be titled Unwanted Guest, but if you want any chance of seeing this Raven I'd say you should check the woods and if ya wait long enough it will come out of the old abandoned theme park.", The old guy stood up again, taking the gun back,"Recommend you learn to use a gun if you want a chance to get that Raven.", Nicky shook his head,"I know how to shoot a gun, it's fine.", so Nicky left the man be and guessed the guy was more honest because of this obsession or hate for this Raven creature.
Looking at the picture, it couldn't be human but it had a human body but a possibly a head of a Crow.

=

"Thanks again, Mayor."
Quentin walked away from the Mayor's garden, Nicky came over,"Anythiny?", "I asked him more about the search parties, theme park and the possible motives one could have to take children.", Nicky nods, they both walked away from the Mayor's garden and back to the news station.
"So, apparently the cops searched the entire town and knocked on every door, all doors expect for Mr Peterson and The Theme Park.", Nicky nods,"So the death happening the park makes sense, and I guess my suspension back then was justified because Mr Peterson must have done something so bad that even the grown ups don't want anything to do with him.", "Your suspension?", Nicky nods, Quentin held the door for him as they went back inside the news station.

~

"What the??"
"Yeah."
Quentin looked through the papers,"Because my parents being away a lot, the most I could do was watch the other neighbours and well; I uncovered some secrets and I kind of built it up like some private investigator.", Quentin smiled as he looked at the papers, this was all he needed to put them all in jail!
"I'm impressed."
Nicky sat on a bay of hay,"So, what should we do now?", "Simple; Tonight we'll need to know more about The Raven or The Guest so we'll be up all night again.", Nicky nods, this could answer some questions and maybe once they know more about the Raven they could finally work on getting in the basement.