Chapter 2

3rd POV

After the 10 of them landed, they were still in shock. Why did the gods do it? Why were the fates so cruel?

Suddenly, the Primordials appeared, and the heroes all drew their weapons.

Hazel spoke first and asked, "Who are all of you?" her voice was trembling. 

The one in the front spoke, "I am Tartarus, Primordial of the Pit, that is Nyx primordial of night," he said, pointing at a beautiful woman in black, "That is Eros primordial of desire and love," he said pointing at the handsome man in white and pink, "that is Chronos primordial of time," pointing at the man in gold and black, "That is Pontus primordial of the sea," pointing at the man in ocean blue,  "Aither primordial of upper air and light," pointing at the man is sky blue and white, "you know Gaea" he said pointing at the beautiful woman who looked nothing like when they fought her as she was in a green and brown dress and looked human, "Ouranos primordial of the sky" as he pointed at the man in purple and red " Hemera the primordial of day," he said pointing at the woman in orange and yellow, "and lastly, Moros primordial of doom." as he pointed to the guy in blood red and maroon.

Nico pointed his sword at them and said, "What do you want?"

Nyx said, "You all need to relax; we are here to offer you a deal."

Piper spoke up and said, "And what would that be?"

Eros responded, "We wish to see the gods destroyed, and you all would be a great help as you would have the means and motivation."

Leo asked, "What do you mean the means to do it? We're just demigods, and they are the gods."

"Well," Hemera began, "We plan on making you our successors as we are all fading; the ancient laws will not bind you."

Annabeth questioned, "But why us?"

Chronos answered her, "We can not leave here, and it's not every day that the ten most powerful demigods come to you broken, betrayed, and slightly crazy."

Thalia spoke up, "So what? We just trust you when three of you have tried to kill some of us present?"

Ouranos said, "We can all swear on Chaos's name that we have no ill will towards you if you want."

Percy said, "And who exactly is Chaos, and why is his name powerful and binding?"

"He is the creator of the universe," Pontus explained calmly.

"Oh wow, um, yes, we would like you to take the oath, please," Reyna said. 

The primordials said, "We swear on Chaos's name that we have no ill will towards you."

Moros said, "So, do you agree to be our successors?"

"One condition," Jason said.

Aither raised his eyebrow and asked, "What is your condition?"

Jason answered, "We choose who we succeed."

"Deal" Tartarus said.