Chapter 7

Nico POV

-----3 hours after the meeting-----

Jason, Frank, Percy, Annabeth, Reyna, and I met up and wished each other luck. I drew the shadows towards me and shadow-traveled along with Reyna. 

See, I trained Reyna to shadow travel since her domain of doom doesn't come with a way to travel. Doom is just mostly about destruction. Anyways, back on topic(gah stupid ADHD). 

We shadow traveled 50 yards outside their camp, and I drew the darkness toward the center of the hunt.

I smiled at Reyna and said, "This is where the fun begins!" She slapped my arm and said, "Really, a reference before we commit a mass slaughter?" She was smiling at me even though she was chastising me. 

"Well, darling, would you like to start us off?" I ask her as she smiles evilly and raises her hand, causing half of their camp to explode silently. The darkness was heavy and oppressive towards them, but it was comforting and warm to us. 

She looked at me and said, "Your turn now, Neeks." I tried to glare at her but couldn't cause I loved her too much. "That nickname is reserved for my cousins." I pouted. 

She laughed, and it made me so happy to hear it. "Alright, to the task at hand," I continued as I drew my pure black sword.

Reyna drew her sword, which had a gold hilt and blood-red blade, and her dagger of the inverse colors as we charged the remaining hunters, taking them on one by one, and the slaughter began.

I approached one hunter who had survived Orion's attack in San Juan. "Nico?" she asked. "What happened? Why are you doing this?!" she demanded. 

I tilted my head at her and said, "Did your goddess not tell you?" I taunted as a look of rage came on her face. "Whatever, you have chosen your death by attacking us!" she said. 

I harnessed the speed that I gained from becoming a primordial and stabbed her through the heart before she could react, and it went like that: as we killed them all, they tried to fight and died before they could do anything.

 As we killed the last of them, Artemis flashed in and saw me withdraw my sword from her lieutenant, and Reyna wiped her sword off from decapitating Artemis's new best friend, and we looked at Artemis.

"Hey," Reyna said as she raised her hand to Artemis in a wave with a sinister smile.

Artemis looked furious and yelled, "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THE GODS DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" 

I rubbed my ears and said, "Geez, Arty, you could lower your volume." She got even madder at the little nickname that we gave her. "Nobody is allowed to call me that except my idiot brother, and you are not him, boy," she growled out. 

Reyna taunted, "Lady Artemis, we must be off. See you around." After she said that, we both went to shadow travel away, and she unleashed her true godly form. We just stared at her, and I said, "Really? You gotta get rid of the shadows? Guess we gotta incapacitate you before we go."

Artemis was shocked, "Who... who are you? How are you not dead? I am one of the 12 Olympians! You should be nothing but ash!"

Reyna looked her dead in the eyes as she unleashed power equal to Zeus(she was holding back). "Lady Artemis, we are not weak," she said tauntingly. "You may call us Erebus and Nyx." 

She was terrified, "But... but, why are you doing this?" I responded, "We sent our message; you all received it; we want to see you gods suffer for all eternity." I pointed my sword at her, "Now, Artemis, you either stand down or we make you." 

She was scared but said, "I am an Olympian. I will never yield to my enemies."

I said, "Fine, I shall send you back to your brother, who you are so fond of unconscious." I charged her at my demigod speed, and she drew her hunting knives. Our blades clashed for a few moments, and as she gained a look of confidence, I smirked at her with a murderous glint in my eye. 

I sped up to a speed equal to hers, and her confident look vanished. Our blades clashed as I sped up to just faster than she was, and Reyna watched, amused. As the fight continued, I started getting hits on her. She had a deep gash in her abdomen and shallow cuts on her legs and arms. I sped up even more, disarming her, and she collapsed.

 "Well," Reyna said, "Well done, darling," she said as she walked over and kissed me hard and long enough to make the maiden goddess uncomfortable. After we broke apart, we looked at the goddess, and I said, "Well, on that note, we must go. Try not to die, Arty." As the shadows thickened around us, we shadow-traveled back to our castle. 

AN

 Please tell me what you think of the chapters, and give me any advice you have about the plot. The idea I had for the story was that they are unchallenged and walk through their opponents, but they draw it out cause they are evil and want to toy with some targets.