Chapter 14

Annabeth POV

-----around 4 hours after they arrived at camp(30 minutes till dinner)-----

"Hazel," I called, and she looked at me. "What's up?" She asked. "As soon as everyone is at dinner, return to the pit and tell them to send the vanguard. Tell them to attack, doing as much damage as possible until we appear, and then when we do, they will retreat so we may see how organized they are in an actual fight. We will not arrive for around 10 minutes. Afterward, we will proceed to the next phase of the plan."

She nodded and said, "Understood." She went into the kitchen and sat on Frank's lap as I sat on Percy's lap while he sat on the couch in the living room. "Whatcha doin' seaweed brain?" I ask him.

He kissed me and said, "I was watching 'One Piece' episode 1039, but now-" he kissed me again. "I'm kissing you," he finished. I made out with him, and after we broke apart, I asked, "So what's for dinner?" He looked at the wall thoughtfully and said, "I'm thinking burgers and fries?"

I nodded as he mind-messaged everyone else, "You guys down for burgers and fries for dinner?" He got a lot of yeah, whatever before we were shut out of everyone's minds, and we heard a scream of pleasure from one of the other girls.

He said, "We should probably get to work on the food; I'll cook the burgers if you want to prep and season the fries?" I said, "Sure thing, babe," as I pecked him on the cheek, and we set to work while Hazel and Frank chatted about the plan.

-----15 minutes later-----

Percy hollered loud enough for everyone in the building to hear (we enchanted the place so that it was soundproof to everyone outside, and if they entered, they saw a mist image of us all sitting on the floor playing cards). "Dinner in 5!" 

As everyone came downstairs, I noticed Thalia's clothes were wrinkled, Reyna's hair was messed up, and Piper was stumbling every few steps. I chuckled and put the food on everyone's plate. 

Hazel said, "Eat up; we have 10 minutes before dinner and 20 before the attack begins." Everyone nodded as everyone started tearing into their burgers except the Grace siblings, who ate with, well, Grace. 

After everyone finished, we heard the conch horn signaling dinner. Hazel and Frank snapped simultaneously. The building returned to normal, and the link to the palace was cut temporarily. 

As soon as we sat on the floor and Jason dealt us all into a game of ERS (very fun but can be a very violent card game; look it up), one of the campers knocked, and Piper called in a forcibly calm voice, "Enter!"

As soon as she entered, everyone's eyes turned to her, and she examined us with distaste. "What is it?!" Nico snapped at her, causing her to jump. "Chiron sent me to tell you all that you need to come to eat dinner with us," the camper said.

"We don't want to," Leo said with venom as he started spinning his top card. The girl said, "Chiron insists that you all be present," she said in a very stuck-up tone. "What is your name?" Percy demanded of her while giving the girl his infamous wolf stare. 

"My name is Esther Jang, daughter of Poseidon." She said. "So you're a daughter of one of the big 3," I said, and she smirked as she said, "Yes, and I am the strongest child of Poseidon ever!" 

I looked at Percy, and he looked downright murderous. Thalia said, "Bold claim as the strongest demigod ever, and son of old barnacle beard is sitting right there," as she pointed at my seaweed brain. 

 Frank said, "Go tell Chiron we will be there in about 20 minutes." She nodded and left. I looked at Percy, and he raised his hand as if he was about to smite her, but before he could do anything, I guided his hand to my waist and made out with him, causing his anger to vanish instantly.

Everyone in the room looked at us as we kept making out, and Jason said, "Well, I guess they are out. Who's turn? Mine?" Reyna responded, "If you have to ask." Jason and them kept playing for about five more minutes, and Percy and I kept going, not pausing for air as we could go for as long as we wanted because, using my powers over time, we could make out forever without needing air. 

"Well, I best be off to get the vanguard," Hazel said as Percy and I finally broke apart. "Good luck," I called to her. Leo put his hand over his heart and said, "They can do something besides make out!" Thalia pulled him towards her and said, "Our turn," and then started making out as Hazel vanished into the shadows with Frank to retrieve the vanguard.

 Jason grumbled, "I'm trying to play a game here!" as all the other couples started making out, he pulled Piper to him, and they started. About 5 minutes later, we heard the conch shell get blown three times, signaling an attack, but none of us moved.

Around 10 minutes after that, we all started heading where we knew the fighting was. When we arrived, we saw about 150 campers on the ground dead and another 70 injured and dying. 

When the lesser primordial in charge saw us, she mind-messaged me, "Time for the retreat, Mom?"(Percy and Annabeth had triplets about 30 years ago, and they named them after fallen friends and family. I will explain more later.) As I responded, "Yes, Sadie, well done. Tell your sister Sally to prepare for the next phase and tell your brother Magnus that he should hurry up with the prison for the gods." "She responded, "Yes, Mom, see you at home in a bit."

After our mental conversation, she blew her war horn, signaling a retreat, and they all sunk into the ground, traveling back to camp as Frank was pointing down with his right hand at his side, barely noticeable.

Chiron looked at us and said, "You're late." "Sorry, we didn't hear the horn signaling the attack, and we left our cozy little shelter exactly when we said, and on our way to the dining pavilion, we heard fighting, so we came this way," I said.

Chiron raised an eyebrow, "And what exactly were you doing, young lady?" I forced myself to blush furiously as Reyna spoke up, "Sorry, the couple was making out while the rest of us listened to music loudly, trying to ignore them, and it looked like if they didn't have company, it would have been something more." 

I thought, 'Oh please, we would have done it even if they were there if we had more time, it wouldn't be the first time we were seen' as I brought myself back to reality, remembering the act we were supposed to be putting on and I forced my self to blush even more, and Percy did too. 

Percy had become quite a good actor. "Um, sorry about that," he said aloud sheepishly as he mind-messaged us roaring in laughter at the faces of the campers and Chiron. "Well, moving on, Councilors meeting in 10 minutes, you all will attend as well," he said as he looked at us. 

He trotted off, followed by all the campers. A few of them kept glancing at us as if expecting us to start going at it right here. As the last of them vanished from our eyesight, we all started laughing hysterically. After a few minutes of laughing, we recomposed and headed to the big house.