Friendship With Smiling (XD)

Rui and Pang stared at me with sympathy. I was lost, and quite didn't believe it. Had Cheng turned so cold, that he scared his teammates so badly? Nah, I'm kidding. I believed them. Tong Yao left the room with Pang, who took her for a tour. Rui walked by me, and whispered, "Good luck."

 I nodded my head, and followed him out of the room. He took me upstairs, into the meeting room. (I'm really not sure what to call it.) He looked around, and once he was sure no one could hear, locked the door. Also paranoid, a new development. It's good progress to a normal human being, though. 

"Look, I got you here for one reason. We lost in the Spring Finals, but there was a reason to that." He said, a sat down on a chair. He beckoned me to sit.

"Ming's relapse wasn't the reason, was it? And whatever you're going to tell me, that's why I replaced Cat?" I replied. He smiled, the one he shot when he was impressed. I was good to catch on to such things, and I knew how his mind worked. We were friends for decades, before he left. Or I left.

Then he told me something, and made me promise I would tell no one. I did, as I fully understood Cat's resignation. He made a similar decision to mine, I thought, as I left the room with Cheng. He showed me to my room, which wasn't decorated at all. Rui just pulled Cheng away, and I could hear him angrily mumbling "-give her some space, you idiot." I laughed at his reaction, which was him being emotionless and reading his WeChat. Rui fumed, but Cheng's ice-cold look remained.

+---×---+

I went to the gaming section again, and found my seat. How? It literally had my name on it. Funny joke, I thought. I was Topsolo once before. I know the seating. Does he think I'm dumb? I know him better than he knows himself. And he probably meant it too. Just then, Tong Yao entered. 

"How does your room look?" I asked. She stopped in surprise. She walked over to me, and guffawed. I had headphones on, and was in the middle of a game. She was surprised, to say the least. 

"I just climbed down the stairs. How did you-" I missed a bunch of creepers, so I was trying to regain my coins. I went after the Kraken, and my Ibaraki Doji just missed the opponent's ultimate ability. Shit, that was close.

"Let's just say I have a sixth-sense about things." I cut her off before she finished it. I remember my brother's reaction, which I was proud of.. I even managed to scare Captain Lee.

"Okay. My room is way too pink. Pang decorated it. Why does he think I'm a toddler?" She asked in my ear, and sat on the chair next to me. I finished my game with a clear victory, and removed my headphones. 

"It's a popular opinion on girls that they like everything pink." I said, as I got up to walk to the kitchen. She showed me a photo, and I almost died of laughter. By everything, I mean everything, including the walls and bed posts were pink. Even her gaming monitor had pink lace. Cheng saved me from that fate. Remind me to thank him later.

We both hung out in her room, and she introduced me to Chen Jinyang, her best friend. We got along well. Her cat was pretty friendly too. I was a dog-person, but had no vendetta against cats. At that moment I thought, what could go wrong?
Obviously, that foreshadowed something.

+---×---+

The next morning, I was bored, and after the severe lack of emotion in my face that almost everyone noticed, Rui walked over to me. "Mahjong would be a good idea. It's his pastime." Rui said, as K sat on his seat.

"Yeah, no. COD is fine. It's just downloading the update. Season 3 going on, and it'll end soon, I need points to progress. " I just sighed, and stared at the celling. I entered Multiplayer, and changed my Scorestreaks. Hunter Killer Drone is great. Care Packages, not so much. I got my loadout reset, as it was getting way too boring. My title in Multiplayer Ranked, was Legendary. I didn't even have much competition, since most players were friends. There aren't many, by the way. That way, event rewards are easy. It's a small world, and when I first migrated to the Asia server, it was hard. But it's just like Onmyoji Arena. You get used to it.