Battles For Supremacy

"Our club forbids us to date members of our team." I said to Yao, as the thought randomly popped into my head. We were sitting in her room, as I looked out the window, thinking of how beautiful the lights outside looked. "Really? But didn't you and Cheng sleeping in the same room? Did you lose your memories, or was I blind?" Yao asked, teasingly.

"He just came to tease me, because he thought I fell from my bed." I sighed, though Yao didn't take it. "Continue your act." She said. "I'm here to be a gamer. Plus, my mom's phone call would be enough to remind me that. She asked me, if I was dating Cheng, would I marry him? I cut the call. But, no." I said, closing my half-open book.

"No one said you were here with an ulterior motive. Just ignore the comments. Also, I heard that Cheng and Yue are biological brothers." Yao said, unsurprised. "It's true that they do look alike. But Cheng is taller." I said, even though they don't look very much the same. They look like fraternal twins. "Everyone is discussing on the Internet, who'll start for the team. Someone even made a poll. Sister, not bad. I didn't expect you to have so many fans." Yao commented, proud of me.

"I'm better-looking, capable and a people-person. Yue's nothing but looks." I said in response. I had unlocked my phone, and was browsing the Weibo page. "Your fans are very professional. They've made a video to analyze your strengths and weaknesses. This is just like a PPT on you. They really like you. With this effort, they might be able to court Xu Kai." She commented, and I ignored the last part. That was not meant to be heard. I'll cut it out, later.

"I'll see. Lu Yue's weaknesses, you say? Wait. Excuse me? Are they outright crazy? How could they let rumours determine my capability? A bunch of primary school students must've made this." I said, in annoyance. Who said the world was fair? "They're trying to make others hate you. You're living with the dream guy. I'm already paired up with K, and you look way better than me. So it's obvious." Yao said. I threw a pillow at her, as I got up.

I got a message from Cheng. 'Are you done chatting? Yu Ming wants you to attend your training. Yao can stay, you have to come. If not, he'll go up and arrest you.' It read. He could do that? As if. I'm a ju-jitsu expert. I'll be fine. 'Don't take the trouble, and the broken bones. Calm down. I'm coming.' I said, as I left. Yao was going to Jinyang's place for dinner.

"Rabbit with A Carrot is asking you to calm down. Cheng, explain yourself. Who is this?" Yue asked, as I stood above the stairs. I mentally face-palmed. That was my camisole design..! He did this on purpose, and more-over, he remembered..? As I walked down in a hurry, Yao behind me, as I slipped, and fell. I landed fine, but Yao got a scrape.

"You'd have to spend a lot on plastic surgery, if you fell on you face." Cheng said, towering over me. I looked up at him, but then smiled. "I'd give you a nasty look, but you already have one." I said, as I got up by myself.

I pushed Yao out of the room, as I followed her. Cheng frowned at Yue, raising his eyebrows. "You shouldn't peek at irrelevant information while using my phone." I over-heard Cheng saying, as I left. I'll get back at him for this, mark my words. 

+---×---+

Yao laughed as we left, clutching her stomach. "Are you okay? Does it hurt?" She asked, as I sighed in mere annoyance. "I'm not a cry-baby. I'm fine. Anyway, you should get going. Jinyang's place is fifteen minutes away. Call me later, I'll come to pick you up." I said to her, as she walked out, waving good-bye. I re-entered the base, completely pissed at Cheng. Why was out to get me?

I went over to him, and tapped his shoulder. "Follow me." I said, as he frowned at me, wondering what was up. He hesitantly got up, as I led him to a corner in the hall. "Give it up." I said, as he opened a can of soda. "Take it yourself. Delicious." He replied, fully knowing what I was asking for, not the soda. I hissed in irritation. He promised he wouldn't talk about what happened. He nick-named my number like that?