Yao's Magical Advice

I woke up, and made my way downstairs. Me and Cheng were the only ones awake. I walked down the stairway, got my coffee, and went into the living room. I reached for the shelf to grab a book on Chemistry. Cheng was reading a book. Really? Huh. 'Strange Pilgrims' was the title. It's so esoteric, I thought, before Yao's words rang in my head. "You're in love, Chen." They rang, and I was lost. "Go away!" I mumbled, and Cheng looked at me in curiosity. I had forgotten what I was searching for. Chemistry! Right.

"Cheng, you woke up early today." I commented, and he looked back at his book. "Team CK will be competing today. I woke up to spectate their match." He answered, with his signature tone. Don't even have to specify anymore, I just know it. "Did they win? Yao will bug me about it later." I asked, and Cheng didn't even look up. "The Red and Black Teams were dominated by the Alpha Team, as usual." He replied. I continued to look at the book-shelf, before the voice of Yao returned. "Joyous mood, heart beating rapidly, shy and.." It said, and I could picture her laughter. It is not funny, by the way. "Shut up." I said quickly, without thinking, and very angrily.

Cheng looked at me again, a frown on his face. "What did you say?" He asked, and I had no real answer, so I stuck to the basics. "Nothing." I replied, looking back to the book-shelf. I could feel my cheeks heating up, and it was a very foreign feeling for me. I looked at him again, as he drank his coffee. I wondered, did I really love him? And if I didn't, why does it matter so much?

As he left, there was a feather on his head. I followed him, trying to get it out. He turned, and looked me straight in the eyes. "What are you doing?" He asked, as I got the feather out, and blew it away. "Nothing, feather-head. I suppose it belongs to the cat." I said, awkwardly grinning.

Just then, everyone else came to my rescue. It was gym time, like in school. I remember when my friend took over Rui's place. It was a hard week. But it's easier nowadays. "Today, I'll just do everything." K said to Yao, as I was just fixed in my place. "Woo Ri Chen, do you want to join us?" Chubby asked, and I snapped back to reality. Boy, I was in it deep, wasn't I?

+---×---+

"Why are you training so hard?" Yue asked me, as he huffed and panted on the treadmill. I was at a much higher speed, with nothing more but beads of sweat. He was breaking into rivers of sweat.. okay, that's an exaggeration. But in comparison to me, he sweat a whole lot more. "You aren't included in the starting roster." He said, confidence lesser, and lesser in his voice, and the exhaustion coming up. He wasn't really physically fit, was he?

"You aren't there yet. Why are you training so hard, then?" I asked calmly. I didn't shut him up, though. "It was decided from the beginning." He sighed, happily. Hah, as if. "Don't imagine your fantasy into your reality. You can't afford to pay for it." I retorted, still well within my boundaries of sane. I was sure I would cross them soon. "I will start for the team." Yue responded, still trying to match my even jog on treadmill, and failing miserably. "You will never start for the team." We both said in sync.

"Stop trying to intimidate me." I sighed, and stuffed my iPods in my ear. I had retained my iPhone, so hey, it's all good. "K, have you ever seen a living retard?" I asked him, as he sat in a corner with his charcoal face-mask. "Which one? I'm not sure what's wrong with them." He asked, in a snarky tone very evident, his eyes still closed. I hurled a slipper at him, which hit the target. "Headshot." I smirked, and retrieved my slipper. Yue was jealous, probably of my aim. He could never match it, he knew.

+---×---+

"Our new uniforms are here!" Chubby yelled, as we all examined the package. "They're here? Let's take a look!" Yao said, full to the brim with excitement. "What do you think?" Rui said, as I looked at mine in nostalgia. I remembered my first time, all fuzzy inside, just like Yao. The label behind said DarkFairy, instead of DragonSlayer, so a faint smile appeared. "It does look better than TAT's first uniform. They were black and white, like a newspaper. It's changed though." I commented, still far away in the past. I couldn't believe where I was now. I remember saying, "I'll never abandon TAT, and if I do, my name isn't GuidingLight!" And now it wasn't. "Weren't you the one complaining, that we'll look slimmer in black?" Yue added, trying to make me look dumb. The above condition is one I have faced.