Episode 2

Before everyone went to bed:
"Food." I yelled pointing to where the food was coming from. Owen sprung up from his seat.
"Oh, food." Baba yelled with me.
"Oh!" Owen stated.
"Get in I'm starving." I stated.
"What?" Jill asked me.
"We are eating tonight baby." I cheered doing a bit of a dance. I was feeling a bit better after my conversation with Owen.
"Here comes food." Baba stated.
"Oh, my god!" Jill shouted as the food finished floating down.
"That is a big old sack right there." I shouted. We stated sorting out the food. It was crazy to look at this food.
"Celebrities as a result of you winning five out of six stars, in your journey to camp you have kangaroo rump, purple carrots, and okin... okinawan." Charlene read.
"The fuck is purple carrots. Did they just die the carrots purple?" I asked.
"I don't actually know." Own answered looking at me. We all started to do some cooking of the food.
"I'm so glad we've got you guys, you know what you're doing." Baba stated.
"Do you know this is kangaroo's bum, what we're eating?" Jill asked.
"I know it's mad." I stated sitting next to Owen.
"Yeah, kangaroo rump, the backside." Baba stated making me laugh.
"I'm thinking god I'm in the middle of a jungle eating the arse of a kangaroo with Mike and Jill." I stated making everyone laugh. We all finished cooking the food and we all dug in. It actually tasted quite good.
"Thank you ladies. Good work." Baba stated. We all down to eat.
"Yeah, thank you so much." Owen stated giving me a high five.
"Your welcome I guess." I said laughing. We were all eating it was quite peaceful.
"You did well Maddie." Charlene stated looking at me.
"Is that a bad thing I did so good?" I asked looking at her.
"No it isn't. I'm just saying that it's nice." Charlene answered.
"You did fantastic Maddie." Owen said to me as I put my head on his shoulder. We all stated getting ready for bed.
"This is a crazy first day let's be honest." I stated looking through my small bag for spare clothes.
"Yeah it was. It's been mental. We have campmates who are like crazy funny." Owen stated.
"Like I'll be surprised if they find someone more famous then Mike and George." I stated putting my hat on my bed.
"Well you're pretty well known." Owen stated.
"Yeah for being mugged off two years ago on telly. And I'm doing it again." I stated laughing Owen joined me in laughing. Owen got on his bed and opened his sleeping bag for me.
"Get in. We can't have you're pretty face getting cold." Owen stated as I got onto his bed and curled up to him.
"Thank you." I stated as he put his arm around me and pulled me onto his chest. I just fell straight asleep I was shattered.
The middle of the night:
I felt someone wake me up. I knew it wasn't Owen as he had his back to me. I saw Charlene looking at me looking like she was about to cry.
"Can we talk?" She whispered asked. I nodded before sliding out of the bed careful not to wake Owen. I sat on my bed slightly putting my boots on. We went somewhere no one could hear us.
"You okay what's wrong?" I asked the girl sat in front of me. We were in the tree house.
"I'm feeling homesick I'm missing my kids." She answered before bursting into tears. I pulled her into my side and hugged her.
"It's completely fine. I felt the same last night." I whispered.
"I feel bad for crying." She stated.
"Charlene don't feel bad. I felt bad for crying over missing my brother last night. And if you need to cry come and find me. Cause I'll gladly cry with you." I stated she laughed slightly which made me smile.
"I saw you and Owen getting close last night." She said laughing.
"Yeah I guess. I met him before this with my close ties to Emmerdale." I explained.
"Maddie I see the way you look at him. The way he lets you put your head on his shoulder. The way he let you sleep in the same bed as him. And he looks at you the same way." Charlene explained.
"I do feel attracted to him. I have since I met him. But clearly I had a messy brake up with Callum. I don't want to feel the same way I did. Paddy was 15 at the time and he had to make sure his sister wasn't a harm to herself." I explained. It was a while since I sheared my story with someone.
"Owen won't make you feel like that again trust me. When you were in Love Island Callum didn't look at you the way Owen looks at you." Charlene explained.
"Yeah I'm hoping you're right lets go to the camp." I stated standing up. We went back to camp it was still dark but everyone was still asleep. Well except me Charlene and Owen. I could see him sitting up looking around.
"Thanks Maddie." Charlene whispered as she went back to her own bed.
"It's alright." I whispered getting into my bed. I couldn't ask Owen to sleep in his bed again.
"Maddie what are you doing bro?" Owen whispered leaning down to look at me.
"Getting into bed." I answered.
"Please sleep up here it was comfy." Owen begged. I gave up and got back into his bed and I fell right back asleep.
The morning:
I got up to snores which wasn't pleasant. But I got up anyway. I lifted Owen's arm off me before getting up. Around the time I would be getting up I would head straight up to Starbucks I can't do that now I'm here.
"Charlene you feeling better babe." I stated sitting next to her.
"A bit." She stated I hugged her slightly.
"I'm sorry." I stated.
"It isn't you're fault." She whispered. Baba was up as well as far I could tell no one else was. It was me Charlene and Baba. Charlene stated crying again. I hugged her tight.
"You got this. Cry let it all out." I whispered into her hair. We sat in silence for a bit. It was nice till Owen and Baba dragged me to chat to them.
"Did you get a decent enough sleep last night?" Baba asked.
"Bro, I was till this one got up in the middle of the night. And when I tell you Mike was snoring." Owen explained.
"Hey I was having a girls chat." I stated to him.
"Come on." Baba stated.
"Mike was SNORING." Owen stated making me laugh.
"I couldn't hear him from next to us. I was pretty comftbale." I explained.
"I bet you was I was your fucking pillow." Owen stated.
"You two shared a bed?" Baba asked.
"Yeah I was feeling homesick and Owen offered to look after me." I explained.
"The floor was shaking bro." Owen stated still talking about Mike's snoring.
"No it wasn't Owen." I stated laughing.
"I swear I heard a cow in the night." Owen piped up.
"I swear I heard a fucking Emu last night." I stated
"Borski's, yeah, I heard some sheep's, bro." Baba stated.
"Defo a moo going on." Owen pointed out.
"I don't even know what an Emu sounds like." I pointed out.
"It might have just been Mike be fair." Owen stated.
"Hey leave him alone he's a big lad." I pointed out.
"This is the worst bit, when you have to adapt to the cold." Baba stated.
"Just throw yourself in bro." Owen stated.
"It could be worse Baba you could be me." I pointed out.
"What do you mean?" Owen asked.
"I have to wear a bikini to shower so people can see my ass. My none existent ass." I explained.
"You'll be fine it's not like you're showering on camera." Owen joked.
"Yeah but I'm not the skinniest and people critiasied for how I looked when I had to wear a bikini." I explained.
"I think you look good in a bikini." Owen stated. Baba started screaming.
"That's cold." Baba yelled making me laugh.
"It's fine." I stated.
"Yeah bro. Maddie you try." Baba stated. I walked up to the shower and took my shirt and shorts off.
"Wow Maddie look at you." Owen wolf whistled.
"Yes Maddie! Show them haters!" Baba yelled.
"Fuck off the both of you." I yelled sorting my face out.
"How to you feel Maddie?" Baba asked.
"Awake is the feeling." I stated. "Owen get in there." Me and Baba were drying off when Owen got his six pack out. Doing these poses.
"Man like sexy Owen! Come on brother!" Baba stated.
"I must admit Baba you're a good coach." I stated laughing rubbing my hair.
"Bruv flip the hair!" Baba yelled.
"Oh yeah getting all the ladies." I stated.
"There you go! Come on brother! And he only has eyes for one person." Baba stated winking at me. I flipped him off laughing.
"Be quite mister." I said laughing.
"I don't like the way you two made that look so easy, bruv, that's cold." Baba complained.
"It was alright I normally take cold showers anyway." I stated.
"It's all right." Owen aid agreeing with me.
"Oh, this couple, man! It's all right bruv! Look at these two. I'm coming gym with you when I come out, you know? You coming Maddie?" Baba asked.
"Sure I do need to excursive." I answered.
"We'll get you stacked in no time. And Maddie I should get you on Hollyoaks." Owen stated.
"I can't act to save my life." I stated.
"I'm sure you can Maddie." Owen answered we continued doing what we were doing.
"I hate this outfit." I stated. We were sat around fire. Me and Owen were on the log I was sat in between his legs he was playing with my hair.
"Where did you meet your wife?" I asked Mike.
"Huh?" Mike asked me.
"Where did you meet your wife?" I asked again.
"Er, in Sydney in 2003." Owen answered.
"Is she Australian?" Owen asked.
"I'm pretty sure she is British like us." I stated lifting my head to look at him.
"No. Erm, I was in the World Cup and she was out watching." Mike answered.
"Wow didn't know this." I stated.
"I got dropped from the semi-final. I was pissed off, so I went for a beer with another guy who was dropped, and then a guy who was over. And they met her before. They introduced us and we got chatting from there. Like the next year sort of started hanging out." Mike explained.
"Oh." Baba stated.
"So if you'd never got dropped, you never would have met her?" Owen asked.
"Maybe not." I answered.
"Best decision in Clive Woodwards life." Mike answered.
"Yeah. Thank God he dropped you." Owen stated.
"Well when are you two getting together?" Mike asked.
"It's up to boss man." I answered laughing.
"Are you being serious?" Owen asked.
"Course I am being serious Owen you muppet." I answered.
"Get together." Mike stated.
"How long have you two known each other?" Baba asked.
"Well I met her at an award show after she had come out of Love Island. I approached her at the after party. So basically two years." Owen answered. I stood up slightly leant down kissed him slightly before walking away to find the girls. I sat in the tree house again with Charlene.
"I kissed him." I admitted.
"What you did?" She asked high fiving me.
"Yeah sort of happened I walked away to find you." I answered.
"Maddie you have to talk to him." Charlene pointed out.
"I know lets go down." I stated.
"I'll meet you down there." Charlene answered.
"Here she is." Baba said as I got to them.
"Miss me boys." I stated laughing.
"Owen did. He hasn't stopped smiling." Mike said laughing as Owen walked towards me.
"Did you mean it Maddie?" Owen asked.
"Of course I did Owen." I answered putting my hand on his cheek. He leant down and kissed me I kissed him back.
"About time." Baba stated making me laugh.
"I should of asked you last year but..." Owen tried I kissed him again.
"Yes I will." I answered.
"Maddie come join us." Jill yelled. I went over to her and Charlene.
"Right some stretches please you two." Charlene stated.
"Let's just start off with our arms and over your head." Jill explained. Owen stood next to me and we did what we could.
"Guys I hear voices." I yelled.
"Yeah same." Owen answered.
"Hi." We all yelled.
"Pappa George." I yelled running into his open arms.
"Hey Maddie." He stated hugging me.
"Hey! Scarlette." Baba stated.
"Oh my god." Charlene said. We all met each other.
"George I have gossip." I said to George. He pulled me away to the side.
"You know I love gossip." George stated making me laugh.
"I got together with Owen." I whispered.
"About time Maddie you two were making lovey dovey eyes." George yelled making me laugh.
"Come on George." I said laughing. We all sat round the fire. I was sat curled up to Owen as George was explaining something.
"My bed last night was soaking wet." George explained.
"Yeah someone had pissed on it." Sue stated.
"I couldn't sleep on it It looked like someone had peed on it." George stated.
"Where were you? Like in a camp?" Jill asked.
"No we were kind of on an island on a beach, but inside." Sue explained.
"Just four beds with nothing else." Scarlette stated. Owen looked at me
"I wouldn't be able to sleep like that." Owen stated.
"You managed to sleep last night." I stated.
"Yeah because we slept in the same bed." He pointed out.
"I know we did." I laughed.
"It's like every bloke but you." Chris stated snoring.
"You better not snore as my bed is under yours." I pointed out.
"So guys, you wanna know how many stars we got?" Sue asked.
"I reckon 8." I stated.
"I'd be happy to have five." Owen stated.
"This one would be happy with rice and beans." I pointed out pointing to Owen.
"Maddie was right. We got 8 stars." Sue stated. We stated talking about the trial. It was later we were all round the fire Owen was playing with my hair once again.
"I once bought a microwaveable kebab." Chris stated.
"Come on Chris." I stated.
"Did it taste okay?" Jill asked.
"Really Chris?" Scarlette asked.
"From what I remember, it tasted all right. But then again, back then, I was eating all sorts of crap." Chris answered.
"You can swear Maddie does it often." Owen stated.
"Hey no need to out me to the campmates." I stated.
"Were you?" Jill asked.
"Yeah, so..." Chris answered.
"What was it that made you stop?" I ask him looking up at him.
"It was a mixture of things. I climbed Kili, Kilimanjaro." Chris answered. We continued the conversation.
"Food!" I shouted.
"Calm down Mads." Owen said putting his arms around me. We started sorting out the food. Charlene and Scarlette took over the cooking.
"Those are some fat fuckers aren't they." I stated pointing to the crabs.
"Charlene can I just have a little bit of the rice? Cause I'm not gonna... I'm just gonna have that." George asked.
"George are you vegetarian for the morals?" I asked.
"No no. I just wanna torture myself even more!" George answered. I went towards the toilet as I was quite desperate.
"Hey." Owen said as I walked out.
"Hi." I stated closing the door.
"Are you in my bed again tonight?" Owen asked.
"If you want me to be." I answered.
"Of course I do." He stated.
"Okay I'm going back down to the others." I stated sorting my hat out as it was falling off.
"Wait a second." He stated as I started to walk down the path.
"Yeah what's up?" I asked him turning around to look at him. He kissed me slightly I kissed back smiling.
"Okay you can go now." He said laughing. I just laughed and walked down to the others. The food was being cooked.
"Maddie come help." Jill yelled. I ran down to help here.
"I'm here." I stated going to help Jill. We all finished cooking.
"Oh, it tastes lovely." Jill stated.
"It really does." Scarlette.
"It actually does Jill. I'm surprised." I stated half way through my food. We all got ready for bed. I yawned before putting my hat on my bed. I got in Owens bed next to him. I fell asleep quickly as I was tired.
The next morning:
I felt someone shake me slightly. I pushed whoever it was off me.
"Hey come on it's just me." Owen piped up. I opened my eyes slightly to see it was him.
"Give me five more minutes." I begged.
"Come on Mads everyone else is awake. I had to beg them to let you sleep in." Owen stated.
"Its true it was cute." Scarlett stated.
"No we begged. I had to help him as you looked tired yesterday." George stated as I put my boots on.
"Thanks George." I stated.
"Hey don't I get a thanks?" Owen asked me.
"No cause you woke me up." I answered sitting by George. He put an arm around me.
"Ha she likes me more." George joked.
"Yeah cause your amazing." I joked as well.
"Hey how dear you say that over me." Owen stated laughing. I got up to get a drink and pushed him. He grabbed me before I fell over the log.
"When the hell was that there?" I asked.
"Always babe it's always been there." Owen answered I looked up at him and pecked him slightly before getting my drink. Jill was filling me in that there was a snake in the camp.
"Hey Owen be careful your worst nightmare is here." I shouted to him laughing. Scarlette high-fives me laughing.
"Ha ha just because your scared of live chickens." Owen shouted back. Chris lied to Owen about him being a dancer made me laugh.
"You're scared of live chickens." Scarlette asked.
"Yeah I am." I stated.
"That's a weird one.
"Dancing's easy if you get the hang of it." I stated.
"I forgot you were on Dancing on Ice last year." Chris stated.
"Yeah I did it was fun." I stated.
"You did dancing on ice?" Owen asked.
"I came third. Can't believe you don't know your own girlfriend was on dancing on ice. But you knew about the Love Island." I said laughing.
"When did you realise your first song?" Scarlette asked.
"Well I had been making songs since I was 16 but it wasn't going anywhere and I admitted to having a Spotify account for my signing in Love Island it blew up and that's when I really got famous." I explained. Chris begged me not to tell Owen he's lying. It made me laugh watching them.
"I wanna take Maddie dancing." Owen piped up.
"Fuck off it be like teaching Paddy to face. Me and Tom tried teaching him in 2019 it didn't work out so me and Tom just stuck to us two dancing." I stated laughing.
"Hey that's mean." Owen said to me.
"Nah I say mean things to my brothers all the time." I stated.
"Can Chris actually dance?" Owen asked when Chris walked off.
"Yeah he can dance." I lied to him trying not to laugh. It made me laugh we could tell him anything and he would believe us. Chris pulled me aside and told me what he was doing. He knew coming to me would help his chances to making Owen believe everything. I was in because the days needed to be more fun. I sat round the fire joking with Mike.
"For my team we had to eat a spoon on hot sauce. That was our initation. We still do it when there's someone new." I stated laughing.
"Really?" Jill asked.
"Yeah cause my manager is obsessed with hot sauce. So when we get someone new to our crew they have to eat a spoon of hot sauce." I explained.
"Did you have to do it?" Mike asked.
"It was me and my manager who came up with the idea actually we had to do it and video it as proof." I stated. Jill then explained more about her football team. Jill started rapping it made me laugh hard.
"I know the middle verse of the fresh prince of bel air. My mom taught it me." I piped up laughing.
"Can you?" Jill asked.
"Yeah." I answered.
"Please do it." Scarlette begged.
"Do it." Mike begged me.
"Fine." I stated getting ready.
"Yes Maddie." Jill cheered.
"In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started making trouble in my neighbourhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"" I sung. Charlene looked surprised.
"Owen! Where's Owen?" Mike asked.
"Here bro what?" Owen asked.
"Your girlfriend can sing." Jill stated.
"She is a full time singer." Owen pointed out making me laugh.
"Yeah but she knows how to rap fresh prince." Charlene pointed out as Owen looked at me.
"Why am I not surprised she can do that?" Owen asked.
"Cause I was raised right." I answered laughing. We got to know each other more. We figured out Mike can rap ice ice baby. Owen pulled me up making me dance with him. I smiled at him dancing.
"Yes Mike." I cheered. We found out Mike can also rap Boom boom shake the room.
"If I'm doing this Maddie has to teach Owen to dance." Mike stated pointing to me.
"Fine I could do with dancing anyway. I want to beat Tom." I stated grabbing Owens hands as Mike did the rap. We all sung with him. It was the best moment of the time so far.
Maddie: Mike can sing. It was amazing it was so fun.
"Yes Mike." I stated. We stared joking that Owen didn't know the songs.
"Hey how do you know the songs?" Owen asked me.
"I was born early 1998. And my mom loved the 90s." I explained laughing. Me and Owen went off to dingo dollar challenger.
"Fuck sake. I'm shit at puzzles." I stated as I saw what the challenge was.
"Oi it's spaghetti." Owen stated.
"It's like I'm dating a child." I muttered into my mic.
"Owen babe having us do a puzzle isn't a good mix." I stated.
"I reckon we're the two smartest people in there!" Owen stated.
"Calm down babe you didn't know where Mud crabs lived." I stated walking towards the board. We tried to figure out what we were doing. The think explained what we were doing.
"What are the words are we doing?" I asked.
"I'm guessing it's a crossword." Owen answered. Owen got into the water making me laugh.
"Enjoying it in there?" I asked him.
"Your lucky your my girlfriend." He stated.
"Nah I would of still made you do it." I pointed out. We tried to figure out the words. Owen tried to find the clues. We found one and I tried to figure it out. I looked at the boar. We started to solve the puzzles. We started naming things words out. We started to finish the words.
"Yes babe." I shouted as he lifted me up and kissed me.
"Ah for fuck sake." I stated after a bit pointing to the box.
"It's not even opened yet." Owen pointed out.
"Where the fuck did we go wrong?" I asked looking over the crossword. We finally did it after putting on a French accent.
"Yes." I shouted running towards the box and grabbing the dingo dollars.
"We are rich." Owen shouted making me laugh.
"What are we getting with this?" I asked.
"Maybe a single crisp." Owen answered.
"Owen babe why one crisp?" I asked.
"To suck on." He stated I just sighed.
"Course." I stated walking towards Kev.
"Wait up." Owen shouted running after me. I turned around and kissed him slightly. Before walking to Kev for food. We walked towards Kev.
"Kev is on wheels that's just fucking classic." I stated. I had the dollars in one hand and Owens hand in the other.
"I didn't even see them." Owen pointed out.
"Course you didn't babe." I stated turning to Kev.
"Custard Creams." Owen shouted.
"Alright Kevin can we have custard creams with these please?" I asked the man in front of us. Kev rang the phone to ask the camp a question. Owen put his arms around me waiting. Kev put the custard creams out.
"Thank you Kevin." I yelled cheering. We walked back to the camp I was dragging Owen by his hand as his hand never left mine. Everyone was asking if we won. We cheered meaning we won. And showed them the custard creams.
"We were fucking amazing." I shouted. We were so sad to find 5 in there.
"I'll shear with you Mads." Owen stated.
"Course you will babe." I stated sitting down next to George.
"Hey Maddie. Well done." George said pulling me into his side.
Maddie; coming in here I knew I would miss my dad and paddy the most. But since meeting George he's been the best looking after me all he could. Bless him he didn't have to do but he did. Owen handed out all the custard creams before sitting next to me.
"Can I have my girlfriend please George?" Owen asked I just smirked at Owen.
"I guess you can." George stated letting me out the hug and letting me to lean against Owen. Ant and Dec walked into the camp.
"Aren't you two comfy?" Dec asked me and Owen.
"Fuck off." I yelled. Owen was playing with my hair. It was the one thing he enjoyed doing.
"Nice to see you too Maddie." Ant stated.
"I didn't want you here in the first place." I stated.
"The public have been deciding for the next Bushtucker Trial. This one is called Horrifying Heights. Mike Sue and George are exempt from this one." Any explained.
"The rest of you in no particular order... Jill... the public have decided... it's not you. Scarlette... its not you. Charlene... it's not you. Babba... it might be you. Maddie... it's not you."  Dec stated. I cheered.
"Yes not today." I shouted.
"Chris... it's not you. So that means Owen it might be you." Ant stated.
"Good luck babe." I stated laughing.
"So it is between Baba and Owen. The public have decided the person they want to see face Horrifying Heights is... Baba." Dec stated. We all cheered and Ant had described what happened.
"Come on Baba." I cheered as I hugged him. We had a group hug.