Episode 5

Own shook me awake slightly.
"Morning babe." He stated.
"Too early." I muttered into his chest.
"Come on Mads we got to get up." He stated.
"I know we have too." I stated sitting up and Owen put his arms around my waist.
"It could be worse we could be having conversations with everyone this early." Owen pointed out.
"We used to do that." I stated standing up.
"Hey where's my kiss?" He asked me.
"Here." I answered leaning down to kiss him. We went on with our day in the jungle. It was weird to think about it was my time to do the trial. We spoke about it for a bit.
"Maddie come back with every star." George stated.
"I will George. For you and Owen." I piped up laughing.
"We need more then six. That's the staring point." Charlene stated.
"I will get more then six. I have never backed out of a challenge." I stated laughing. We all point our hands in the middle.
"Team." We all yelled I stated laughing. Me George Mike and Owen all walked to the bridge.
"You got this Maddie." George said hugging me.
"I hope so George." I stated hugging back. Mike hugged be.
"You'll do amazing." He whispered to me.
"Babe try your best make us all proud." He stated giving me a kiss before I walked off.
"I'll bring us meals." I yelled laughing. I was walking towards the trial.
"I don't know what to expect in this trial. But I know I'll do it and make everyone proud." I said into the camera.
"Hi Maddie." The boys said as I got to them.
"Hello boys." I stated standing in front of them.
"Welcome to the Bushtucker Trial clearing." Ant stated.
"Thank you Ant. My first trial of this season." I stated laughing.
"Do you want to know what your facing?" Dec asked.
"Yes I do Dec." I stated looking between the boys.
"This is the Tentacles of Terror. This giant octopus shaped structure is a home to an assortment of underwater critters." Ant explained.
"Okay as long as there's no live chickens." I stated laughing.
"No there isn't. Your fine." Dec stated.
"Now all you have to do is find and collect 12 numbered stars in order." Ant stated.
"So why in order?" I asked.
"In order of 1-12. During the trial, the Tentacles Of Terror will lower into the water. So you will have to swim about a bit. Once you get a star pop it into your star bag. For every star you've got in your star bag at the end of time that's a meal for camp." Ant explained.
"So that's the trial. What are you thinking?" Dec asked.
"Okay seems easy enough to me." I piped up looking at the thing.
"Can you see all the creatures?" Ant asked.
"Yes it looks mental." I answered.
"Do you want to give it a go?" Ant asked me.
"Of course I will." I answered.
"Great. We'll get you ready." Dec stated. I got prepared for the trial. I was put into the box.
"Maddie the best of luck." Ant stated.
"I'll need it." I stated.
"You can start when you hear the klaxon." Ant stated.
"Okay boys." I stated waiting for the trial to start. The klaxon went off and I started. I went straight to the first box. I put my hand in it as the thing I was standing in stared to lower. I tried to get the star.
"These ells hate me." I stated as I got the star up.
"Get it in your bag." Ant said as I moved on.
"You got this Maddie." I muttered as I put my hand on it to get the star. I undid the star and put it in my bag.
"Well done Maddie a minute and a half gone." Ant stated. I moved on to the third one. I went under water. I was trying to get this done quickly so I could leave.
"Have you got the third one?" Ant asked.
"Almost." I stated. I went back under and got the third star. I went back up for some air.
"Get it in your bag." Ant yelled to me.
"I have." I shouted before going underwater to the fourth one. I was struggling and all the critters were in my way. The 4th one was a struggle but I got it.
"Have you got it?" Dec asked as I went up for air.
"Yeah I have." I answered.
"4 stars in 3 and a half minutes." Ant stated I went back down and looked for the 5th. I noticed the croc was not to far from me. I had to not show emotion to it. I had a slight fear of crocs but I couldn't mention it. I managed to get a hold of the 5th star. I got it and put it my bag as I went up to get some air. It was getting harder. I went back down and swam to the hole. I had a hold of it. I got it and secured it in my bag.
"6 stars in 5 and a half minute." Dec stated as I went back down to find the 7th. I grabbed it and untied it. The croc was getting closer to me as I got the 7th one. It went straight into the bag and I swam to the 8th. I had enough breath to go find the 8th. I went back up for air. It was getting harder. I went to the 8th and tried to untie it but everything was in the way. I managed to untie the 8th. The croc was getting closer to me. I went up for air before going back down to the 9th. It was hard holding my breath for a very long time. I pushed the critters out the way slightly just enough so I can get the 9th out. I put it in the bag and went up for air.
"Maddie 10, 11 and 12 are in the same tentacle." Dec stated I nodded before going back down. I found the last tentacle which had both stars I needed in. I manged to untie 10 but 11 and 12 was a struggle. I managed to untie it and put both into my bag. I swam back up for air.
I did it." I yelled.
"Let's get you back up." Dec yelled. I got out of it. I was soaking wet.
"You managed to get 12 stars in 10 minutes." Ant stated as I got out.
"I don't know how I managed to do it with that croc." I stated.
"How did you find it?" Dec asked.
"It was hard. Really hard to hold my breath for a long time but I did it." I explained.
"Just to make sure lets count the stars." Ant stated as I opened the bag.
"One, two, three, four." I counted.
"Five, six, seven, eight." Dec stated.
"Nine, ten, eleven twelve." Ant counted.
"Yes. I did it." I shouted jumping around.
"Go shear the news with everyone you did brilliant." Ant stated.
"Bye boys." I stated walking away.
"Have fun." Dec shouted.
"I didn't think I'd get all 12 with how hard it was but I got all 12 and I'm super proud of myself. Paddy I hope you saw that." I stated to the camera. I walked back into camp.
"Maddie." Chris stated running towards me to hug me.
"Don't stay for to long you might get wet. But don't tell the others I'm here I'm going to surprise them." I stated laughing showing my wet clothes. I walked towards the pool.
"Maddie." George yelled as he saw me.
"What?" Jill asked looking over her shoulder to see me standing there.
"I'm back." I stated everyone got out the pool. We walked back to the main bit of camp.
"How was it?" Jill asked as we all sat down.
"It was an underwater trial. I had to go underwater with all these underwater bugs and had to untie the stars." I explained.
"How many did you get?" Charlene asked.
"Well considering I did it in 10 minutes I got all 12 stars." I stated.
"Yes Maddie." Everyone yelled hugging me. Owen gave me a massive hug.
"I'm so proud of you." He whispered.
"I did it like I promised." I stated as George hugged me.
"I knew you would Maddie." George stated.
"12-star Maddie Holland everyone." Baba stated getting me on his back making me laugh.
"You got 9 out of 9 for us though Baba." I stated.
"You're the queen right now Maddie getting 11 out of 11." Baba stated as he put me down and Owen pulled me close.