Episode 6

TW: slight mention of suicide

The morning:
It was peaceful in the RV. Me and Owen just lay awake he was playing with my hair.
"I had some crazy dreams." Owen piped up.
"Was it about that octopus." I stated.
"Yeah." Owen continued.
"What was you dreaming about?" I asked him.
"We were actually here but you could get breakfast and you could get as much as you wanted. I was just getting a load of pain au chocolates." Owen answered I laughed slightly.
"Course it was food babe." I stated looking at him. We got up moments later. I was quite well rested today so that's a good thing.
"Morning you weird lot." I stated walking down from the RV.
"Morning." Charlene stated looking at me.
"Someone's in a good mood." Sue joked laughing.
"I am today not gonna lie. You lot okay?" I asked.
"I can't find my towel anywhere. If George has nicked it he's a dead man I'm telling you. If George has nicked my dry towel he's a dead man." Sue joked making me laugh.
"Sue wanna use mine I brought two and I haven't used this one?" I asked her.
"Maddie's the only one being supportive at the minute and thanks Maddie but I'll find mine." Sue stated. Sue repeated what she said making me laugh.
"Are you okay Sue?" Mike asked her.
"No I'm not Mike someone's stolen my towel." Sue stated.
"Well at least it isn't me in a bad mood this morning." I stated sorting my shoes out. "Owen you almost done?" I asked.
"Almost babe." He yelled to me through the door.
"Hurry up your taking forever." I shouted back to him as I walked down to the others. Mike hugged me slightly.
"Morning Maddie." He stated kissing my forehead as he normally did.
"Morning big Mike." I joked.
"Someone's in a good mood." He stated laughing.
"I am in a good mood today. You look refreshed." I stated looking at him.
"I am the pillow helped a lot. Did the letters from your brothers put you in a good mood?" Mike asked.
"Yes it really did." I answered grabbing some water. I did my morning chores I did. I ran up to the dunny and started to brush my teeth. I walk back to the others smiling. We were sat sat around the fire pit i was sat on Owens lap. We were talking about the trial.
"Did you want to do this trial babe?" I asked.
"Yeah I just wanted some food." Owen answered making me and Baba laugh. We put our hands in.
"Pretend your Owen." I stated laughing.
"Don't actually pretend to be me as you'll be stealing my girlfriend in the process." Owen stated laughing.
"Team!" We all yelled. We waved them off for their trial.
"Owens like please bring at least a bug back." I stated laughing sitting next to him.
"Yeah I am." He stated laughing.
"All right here you go. 21 seconds do you really like it?" Chris asked. We were sat around the fire I was sat in between Owens legs.
"21 Seconds all day long? Do you really like it?" Baba stated. It was quite hot.
"It's got the crowd going." Chris stated.
"It's a good song Chris." I stated before taking a sip of water. I stated singing with Charlene.
"Can we hear one of your songs Maddie?" Charlene asked.
"I mean I'm not a good singer." I stated.
"You are babe." Owen stated.
"Not yet ask me next week when I know you all better." I stated laughing.
"Are they back?" Charlene asked.
"Maybe." Owen answered making me laugh. I cheered slightly.
"Okay they look sad." I stated looking at them.
"Not feeling very well." Matt piped up.
"Are you not?" Jill asked.
"12 stars though?" Baba asked.
"Go on George." Chris stated. George nodded we all cheered.
"My guy." I yelled before hugging George.
"I did it." George whispered into my hair letting me go. We cheered for the 11 stars. They explained the challenge.
"Are you sure you would of done that Owen?" Charlene asked. He nodded I looked at him.
"Are you okay babe?" I asked him.
"Maybe give him a kiss." Chris shouted. I laughed slightly. I kissed his cheek slightly.
"That sounds alright. It sounds horrible but it sounds like food." Owen stated.
"I can eat just about anything but not that." I stated filling my water bottle up. I walked back and sat next to Owen. We started talking about the challenge some more. We were sat round the fire.
"I was a really naughty kid. It must have been very very tough to teach me. Cause I had absolutely no interest. I just wanted to piss about and cause havoc. I was suspended many times." Seann explained.
"Was you?" I asked Seann as I got up to take my jacket off as I was hot.
"Yeah." Seann answered.
"Rebel." Jill stated.
"I loved trouble." Seann stated.
"You would have been a pain in the arse." Sue piped up.
"Yeah that's what I'm saying." Seann stated.
"Did you like the response you got from being in trouble?" I asked Seann.
"Did you like the attention?" Sue asks.
"Yes, I think I loved being... You can draw the line to being a comedian." Seann explained.
"So subconsciously you found an appropriate place to put that chaos to make it work for you. It's given you a career." Sue stated.
"Yeah, honestly I never looked at it like that. It's amazing." Seann states.
"Did what happen four years ago bring chaos back into your life when you'd been living a well...?" Charlene asked.
"No. I hadn't been. There was no order. It peaked. But that was really the catalyst for I've got to change to try and keep hold of what I love now." Seann explained. I was fascinated a bit by it as I didn't know much about him when we were dating.
"You had to stop the chaos?" Charlene asked.
"Absolutely." Seann answered.
"And love your life differently." I stated.
"Absolutely. That's a process. It's not just I quit drinking so I'm now fine. That's when it's at its worse. You have to suddenly deal with everything you were trying to block out." Seann explained.
"Acting saved me." Sue piped up.
"What do you mean saved you?" Seann asked.
"I'm adopted. I had a lot of attachment disorders. I'm think it started in my teens. Trying on personality's like coats." Sue explained.
"Wow!" Seann stated.
"Is this who I am? Does it suite me? Should I be like this? I was never my authentic self ever." Sue explained.
"How old were you when you met your biological mum?" I asked.
"When I was at drama school. About 22, 24. And the Royal Exchange were looking for tiny parts to be in Oedipus which Dave Therlfall was doing. And there was an actor in the show called Michael N Harbour. And when we walked in on the first day he turned to Dave Threfall and went 'OMG she's the absolute double of my wife...'" Sue explained.
"No way!" Charlene stated.
"'...when I first met her.' And he went to me 'when's your date of birth?' I went '02.09.63.' He said where were you born. I went Barnet. And he rang his wife and he said I found her." Sue explained.
"No way." I stated.
"This is giving me Goosebumps." Jill stated. Sue explained more.
"With me not only my music helped me my brother helped a lot." I piped up.
"What happened?" Seann asked. I never admitted this to anyone really.
"My early years I was heavily bullied because of how I looked. And I always carried that with me. I was scouted for Love Island just before my 21st birthday. I went in thought I found love with Callum. Turned out I didn't. That hurt quite a lot and people were cyber bullying me." I stated.
"Wow!" Seann stated.
"And I went home to my apartment. At the time Paddy was 15-16. He has lived with me for years. And when I got home Callum had left me and gone back to his ex off the show. That hurt a lot and I was getting quite a lot of hate. It was getting to me. I was locking myself in my room. So I was recording music in my room. Paddy had to nurse me out of my room." I explained slightly. Owen pulled me closer to him.
"I'm so sorry babe." Owen whispered to me.
"It's fine. I'm better now." I answered. He kissed me slightly.
"Oh Maddie." Jill stated rubbing my back before giving me a hug.
"I'm proud of you baby." Owen stated as we all settled down. We all were talking about the challenge. As Mike and Baba came back. We were talking to Matt about things. I was lay next to Jill. We were debating something.
"It's like them two." Matt said pointing to me and Owen.
"Hey keep us out of this. We didn't brake rules." I stated laughing. We continued to discussed what Matt did.
"Do you know how hard it is to home-school a 15 year old at 20?" I asked.
"I'm guessing hard." Matt stated.
"It is hard to go from driving your brother to school everyday. To having to teach him yourself while trying to manage yourself at the same time." I explained.
"This is why you are forever the best sister your brothers could have." Jill stated hugging me.
"Thank you Jill." I stated.
"Owen looks like a lost puppy." I stated to Jill.
"He really does. He doesn't know where to put himself." Jill pointed out.
"Sometimes he's with me and there's times he isn't with me. So he isn't with me he looks lost." I said laughing. Jill joined me in laughing. Food came later that night. We were all talking about the food.
"I'd be hoping for good food." I statutes. Charlene read it we have Squab.
"What the fuck is Squab?" I asked.
"That is a good question." Jill answered agreeing with me. We started cooking the food. It was a bit calm tonight but I felt a tension. We finished cooking and all started eating.
"Thanks boys." I stated looking at them.
"Your welcome Maddie." George stated. We all went to bed full.
The next morning:
"I reckon the boys are going to show up soon." I stated.
"Yeah I agree this is around the time they normally come." Owen stated.
"How can you tell?" Jill asked.
"It's normally when we are all up sat round the fire that they come." I explained. The boys walk in.
"Speak of the devils." Owen stated. They explained the trial.
"In no particular order... Baba... the public have decided... it's not you. Scarlette... it's not you. Chris... it's not you. Charlene... it's not you. Maddie... it might me you." Ant and Dec stated.
"Ah well we all know it's me." I stated laughing.
"Mike... it's not you. Jill... it's not you. Matt... it's not you. Seann... it's not you. Sue... it's not you. George... it's not you. So that means Owen... might be you." Ant and Dec stated.
"It's between the couple Maddie and Owen. The public have decided the people they want to see face Who wants to look silly on air is... both of you." Ant stated.
"It looks like the couple are doing a trial together." Mike stated laughing.
"Get yourself ready love birds and we'll see you at the trials clearing in a little bit." Dec stated.
"In face, all of you we'll see all of you at the trials cleaning." Ant stated.
"So they are watching us?" I asked.
"Yea they are." Dec answered.
"Fuck sake I don't like it when you two watch." I joked laughing.
"Because you can come and watch today!" Ant stated, everyone cheered.
"My second trial and everyone is watching." I stated laughing. The boys left.
"Well looks like it's us two babe." Owen stated to me making me laugh.
"Look like it is us two babe." I stated laughing. He kissed me slightly.