Chapter 6

( Theo's POV)

"This is where you'll be staying" Damon said as he led me and Keith in a small cabin like house not far from the pack's house.

I had expected a shabby place with filthy corners or even a prison cell, but this house, is far better than our old house back in the human realm.

"If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask help from-"

"From Lilian, yes, I'm aware Damon" I cut him off as I remained starring at the place then at my son who had already started going crazy over the race car bed.

It's as if they've prepared this room for a kid.

"Is this...Tristan's room?" I asked hesitantly as I looked at the very colorful walls.

Keith could only dream of such things.

Because I didn't work hard enough to have money.

In human accustom, people needs to trade something that would benefit the other. Unlike here in our realm, tho yes money still exists but we help when we know we can without expecting anything.

Our realm, our pack, our home.

Is something I will forever cherish

Even if it abandoned me.

"No, I just thought that maybe your nephew would want a room like this since he's a human"

"Wait...is this house howl proof?" I asked excitedly while knocking on the wall.

He only stared at me weirdly probably thinking I've gon mad.

"Yeah...every house is" He said with a chuckle causing me to compose myself with a soft smile as we both starred at Keith who's currently drooling over his new toys.

"Howl proof houses..don't exist in the human realm." I admitted causing his head to snap at me with a worried look.

"What?"

"Don't look at me like that" I said as he  remained starring but kept quiet nonetheless.

"What do you do when..your in a rut then?" He asked.

I could only remain silent remembering those horrid times.
I don't go through ruts anymore after I gave birth to Keith.

I go through heats now.

And they're quite painful.

Especially without a mate.

"Uncle I wanna sleep" Keith yawned causing me to run quickly towards him leaving Damon's question un answered.

"I'll leave the two of you to rest then. Theodore, when the sun rises tomorrow you know what to do" Damon said as he locked the door gently leaving me and Keith alone.

Looks like not much has changed since I left.

"Can we stop the game now?" Keith groaned causing me to chuckle while patting his head with a smile.

"Yes we'll end it here today" I said causing him to giggle while hugging my waist tightly.

"Dad!!" He yelled causing me to laugh as we both howled together for the very first time.

_____CHANGE POVS_____

( Damon's POV)

"Howl proof houses..don't exist in the human realm"

Is he serious?

When going through a rut, both betas and Alphas do one thing before they mate with their mates ( that is if they already have one) they howl non stop.

Which is why we have sound proof walls as to not disturb their neighbors seeing as wolves have sensitive hearing.

So having no sound proof walls during a rut especially with nobody to mate with?

Timothy: He has done that once tho, do you remember?

I do, but that was during a mission- I replied honestly.

Theodore had once tried to control his rut during our very first battle, it was the day before the war between the Deijang pack and Theo had been out of breath the entire day.

He admitted that he didn't read the calendar right and had gone with us even during his rut season. What did he do you may ask?

He bit his arms till it bled, that psychotic kid would continuesly bite a part of his body to control it and continued to save the livees of his platoon.

What amazes me the most is we didn't know about it until he passed out after the war. If the pack doctor hadn't informed us that he had just finished rutting he would've continued to stay silent.

That dumbass

The problem with him is that he always likes to play the hero. He keeps on thinking about others like - GAH it's so frustrating that I might actually wanna strangle him.

Timothy: like when you were 16? My wolf purred remembering that I lost to Theo in close combat.

I'm a late blooming alpha, he can't beat me in that shit anymore- I retorted causing Timothy to roll his eyes.

With a long sigh I entered the house only to be greeted by the smell of rice and bacon.

"Honey, how was the interrogation?" The familiar voice said from the kitchen causing my eyes to snap at my suppose to be mate.

Ethan Heighns

"It was fine, we had agreed on a punishment" I stated as I sat down while Ethan took off my coat.

"What's the punishment?"

"He'll handle the military training" I said causing him to choke down on his own saliva.

" Theo..? Isn't he considered a criminal now? Why not put him in a ce- something more comfortable" He replied with a sheepish smile.

A smile I grew wary of for the past seven years

"Number 1, he's not a criminal. He and that mortal took care of a run away alpha of 6 years old even if they had nothing but bread to eat." I replied coldly.

"And second, he's in our Guess house, what's more comfortable than that?" I said as I plastered on a fake smile.

He sighed and pecked me on the lips lightly as if feighing concern.

"Just don't over worm yourself alright? You're making me worried" he said as he walked over the sink and washed the dishes.

As he turned around I quickly dropped my smile as I starred at his back coldly.

Timothy, do you still not feel his wolf?- I asked causing my wolf to growl lightly.

Timothy: that bitch doesn't have a wolf. I've never once communicated with his so called 'Aaron'. My wolf mocked.

For the past seven years, never once had Timothy communicated with Ethan's wolf. He'd always come up with an excuse like, Aaron is shy, or, He's scared to come out.

After three years when Theo left, I had been wary of Ethan's movements. He had always been suspicious and thinks I'd be swayed away as if I was his hips.

The investigation isn't complete. But now that Theo is back, I know, I'm closer to the truth.

Ethan..once I find out that you had been stabbing me behind my back.

Mates or not.

I won't think twice in serving your head on a platter.

"Did you say something love?"

"I said I love you" I replied in the most sickenly sweet voice I could muster.

Thanks for reading!

Ps. I've seen a lot of my readers opinions and so I would like to put it in a vote. There are those who wants Ethan to have a character development in the story and let this book remain poly while there are those who wants Ethan to suffer.

Do please help your Author (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)