Chapter 10

( Damon's POV)

"He's still asleep" I muttered to myself as I stared at Theo's sleeping figure.

I can't sleep, no matter how much I try to wrap my mind around it.

My bond with Theo was restored.

I should be happy, I am happy, but now isn't the time yet. If people finds out about us being mates it'll in danger his life all over again.

I will never let that happen.

I can't let this be exposed yet, especially since I haven't found out the root of that night. Add my suspicion on Ethan to that too.

Timothy: but I feel strange.. my wolf muttered as if he wasn't jumping up and down in pure glee just a few minutes ago.

Strange how? - I asked causing Timothy to sigh in frustration.

Timothy- Theo..and his wolf.., our bond isn't fully restored. He said causing me to tilt my head in confusion.

What do you mean? - I asked.

Timothy: Theo..isn't complete, he doesn't feel complete, therefore, our bond doesn't feel complete at all. My wolf said causing me to hum.

Could it be because, Theo only bonded with me? Can the bond be restored completely if me and Ethan did it together?

Timothy- If that were the case, then, we can just kiss our suspicion in Ethan goodbye. My wolf said causing me to scoff.

Doesn't change the fact that you can't feel his wolf. That's still suspicious- I retorted when suddenly Theo started moving.

Fuck he's awake.

"Damn, why can't you just leave me alone in my dreams?" he muttered as he stared at me like a drunken fool.

That messy hair just makes me wanna grab it and bend him all over again-

"I'm probably just high, but can you believe that I dreamed about fucking you, and now I'm dreaming about you laying beside you" He said with a light hearted chuckle but..for some reason.

That chuckle clenched my heart.

"Hah..I'm so pathetic. I already got over Ethan but you?..hah..why can't I ever get over you..? I should fucking hate you shouldn't I?" He mumbled half asleep on his pillow.

He did have a habit of hallucinating whenever he wakes up, does he think everything we did yesterday was just a hallucination?

"But nooooo, nope, this hopelessly devoted heart of mine just can't seem to hate you.." He muttered before snoring once again.

I couldn't hold back a small chuckle to escape with my smile wide as I stroked his hair comfortingly.

"I'm glad that your heart doesn't despise me too much" I whispered before kissing his forehead gently.

"Hold on a little longger for me okay? Once I finish the investigation. An empire worthy of your existence is next" I whispered before pecking his lips lightly.

"My luna"

* * * * *

I fell asleep again after a few hours, but when I woke up it was already afternoon.

And Theo was nowhere to be found.

His scent was feigning therefore I couldn't smell him. He had blocked the link between our incomplete bond too.