Chapter 13

( Ethan's POV)

Fucking damn it I almost had him at my grasp.

No worries, I made sure that the woods he planned to 'escape' in was
a territory that would never let him get out alive.

Deijang Pack.

No doubt Jero and Matteo would've recognized him by now. It's only a matter of time before he'll beheaded and the news of the known "greatest beta" in history dying within the hands of De Vara will start spreading like wildfire.

"So he's alive" Mother stated boredly causing me to nod.

"Unfortunately, yes- but! He ran straight into De Vara's territory. He'll die the second he steps foot within those gold obsessed runts" I reassured causing her to hum in response.

"I'm disappointed that you couldn't bring him here today, but alas we can do nothing about it." She sighed before drinking her wine.

"What about the mortal" she asked towards Tristan causing my son to look at her, eyes void of no emotions whatsoever.

"He's nowhere to be found since yesterday. I tried to look for him in their cabin, alas, not even his scent was there" He reported causing my mom's eyebrows to furrow.

"That's...suspicious. It's either the kid left and got lost, or Theodore had long saw this coming and made his nephew escape first" My mom said causing me to internally roll my eyes.

It can't be the latter. When. I entered Theo's cabin, he was worriedly looking for his nephew.

"C'est la vie. Our plan is still in motion. Once the war commences on the hilltops of Mt. Shang, the wizards will take over the cresent moon pack"
She purred recalling her long awaited plan.

"Once De Vara finishes Damon's men off, the wizards and elves will kill De Vara and his men one by one" She said as she fixed my hair lightly.

"you and I..as a family. Will rule over not just the Cresent Moon pack, but also, the Deijang pack." She said as she tilted my chin up with her finger.

I slowly bit my lips as I looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"You..won't kill Damon right?" I asked causing her once light hearted smile to drop.

I don't want to upset mother.

But I love him.

"I won't, since I know how much you love that runt" she said as she walked off sitting back on her throne.

"I too..knows how it feels to love someone. So yes, we'll keep him alive" She said not before laughing like a mad man.

"In prison"

He can't escape, and he'll be with me forever.

No Theodore.

No pack.

Just me

And him.

"Thank you mother"

( Third person'ss POV)

After Ethan's encounter with his mom, he had cautiously left the enchanted tree with Tristan trailing behind him.

Little did he know that a black figure had been following his every movement since the beginning he entered the tree.

Amused, the shadow figure left in a flash to report the amusing news.