Chapter 12

( Theo's POV)

How ironic is it that I ran from my pack for the sake of my safety only to end up being sheltered within the enemy's territory.

A territory that wants my pack dead.

"He refered to him as what?!" The knight that escorted me here exclaimed as he was being mind linked by the suppose to be 'beta'.

And if I'm not mistaken, their beta is non other than the psycho himself.

Jamie- Jero Yuman my wolf said in excitement recalling his most favorite rival in the battle field.

As Damon's former beta, my main opponent had always been Jero. That prick who lacks empathy and a loyal dog to the known tyrant in this continent. He always wanted me dead.

Jamie- he aint the only one unfortunately. My wolf sighed recalling Ethan's sudden visit in our cabin.

The first person I fell in love with, now wants me dead too.

Jamie- he was a social outcast before he met you. I honestly don't know what you saw in him. My wolf nagged making me roll my eyes.

It's all in the past so shut it.

"He told you that he was that child's toy?! What the fu- I'm sorry for my language, he'll be escorted in the castle soon" the knight said as he held his forehead in frustration.

Knowing how these people greeted me so kindly, they obviously have no idea that I'm from the opponent's territory.

The former beta at that too.

"Maybe I should just go-"

"No, no, no, I promised you safety didn't I? No need to worry" The knight reassured with that naive smile plastered on his face.

I have to watch out, despite his kind facade.

Is a merciless Rank A.

How do I know this? It's because, within the Deijang pack nothing less than a B rank Knight is allowed to be a part of their pack's force.

One of the reasons why I despised the Deijang pack.

Discrimination is promoted here.

"I finally talked with beta Jero"

Called it.

"And he said that the Alpha will be meeting you in the castle." He said when suddenly another knight came in.

Golden armour from head to toe, a read cresent symbol on his chest, and a calloused facade.

He's a royal knight.

"Ahh Sir Emman what pleasure do I get for this kind visit?" The knight whose name still I do not know asked.

"The alpha told me to escort the new benefit-" The royal knight stopped almost instantly when he saw me.

His eyes widened as he scanned me from head to toe.

Fuck does he recognize me?

"I'll be personally escorting the toy from here on out. Alpha Matteo's orders." He said causing the silver knight to roll his eyes.

"Again, he's not a toy"

"In the alpha's eyes he is." The royal knight snapped back causing me to gulp.

Fuck, knowing Matteo I'm sure he'll recognize me. This is my end.

Jamie- At least someone as hot as De Vara gets to kill us. I mean..if he needs a new foot stool I'm in. My wolf said causing me to roll my eyes.