Chapter 44

After discussing the matter amongst themselves, Hikaru and Kaoru had decided that they had to get Reiko back as soon as possible and invited her to dinner at a fancy restaurant to hopefully appease her and convince her to make up with Kyoya.

     Thankfully, she wasn't nearly as mad at them as they feared she might be and easily agreed to go to dinner with the boys after a bit of pleading. Now, the three sat around a small table by a window that had a lovely view of Tokyo Bay. Though the restaurant's atmosphere was supposed to be soothing and romantic- with soft candlelight illuminating each table and a bouquet of flowers as the centerpiece- the air between the three friends was awkward as the twins looked at Reiko with uncertainty as to how to proceed.

     "It's unusual for you two to call me to "hang" is something going on?" she asked breaking the stalemate and folding her hands on the table in front of her.

     Hikaru and Kaoru looked at each other.

     "Can't we just have dinner with you because you're our friend?" Kaoru offered with a chuckle.

     The humor received little response from the silver-haired teen whose steel grey eyes stared him down intensely. "You can, but given everything that happened yesterday I think the timing's a bit too coincidental, don't you?"

     Kaoru swallowed and scratched his cheek. "Nothing gets past you, does it Rei-senpai?"

     "It's the club," Hikaru blurted out.

     Kaoru sighed in resignation. He'd wanted to take her out to cheer her up a bit before easing into the club into the conversation since he'd figured she wouldn't be eager to do them any favors.

     "The club," she echoed flatly.

     The ginger-haired teen nodded. "The club was a total mess without you."

     Reiko said nothing and took a sip of the water they'd served them. "Was it now?" she asked disinterestedly.

     Hikaru nodded. "Not even Kyoya-senpai could keep up with everything."

     At this, the silver-haired teen raised an eyebrow. "What happened?"

     "Renge happened," he grumbled. "She's messing everything up!"

     Kaoru nodded in agreement. "I don't know how she did it, but she managed to escort every single client to the wrong host. She even managed to break 3 tea sets and a desert tower.

     "A dessert tower? But aren't the ones at the club made of metal?"

     "Don't get me started..." Kaoru groaned.

     "Yeah. Honey-senpai's a thug now too," Hikaru added randomly.

     "A thug?" Reiko echoed bewildered.

     "Renge decided that our characters were all flat. She gave each of us a dark side," he explained.

     "Except for Kyoya-senpai obviously," Kaoru grumbled.

     "So Honey-senpai's a thug now... and what are you two?" she asked, deliberately ignoring Kaoru's comment about the club's vice president.

     "We're two basketball players isolated in our own worlds," Hikaru said.

     The silver-haired teen shrugged. "Well, I'll give credit where it's due... she certainly got some interesting ideas for you guys."

     "Reikoooo," Kaoru whined. "You're supposed to help us!"

     "Why should I?" she scoffed. "I'm not part of the club. If you have an issue with the way things are being run, I suggest taking it up with the manager or the director."