Chapter 45

Reiko sighed as she looked at her phone screen. The twins had texted her a couple of minutes ago asking if she could meet them in the school's back gardens. They were scheduled to take a break from filming soon and wanted the silver-haired teen to join them for a while. She'd wanted to decline but the twins had reminded her that she'd promised not to avoid them. Even though she knew she hadn't actually promised anything, she had spent most of the day studying for their midterms and concluded that it wouldn't hurt her if she stopped by and hung out with them for a little while.

     "Excuse me, this area is off-limits. Authorized personnel only, or can you not read?" A nasally voice sneered.

     Reiko gave the amber-eyed first-year an unimpressed look. "I was invited here," she said curtly.

     Renge pretended to look over some documents on a pink clipboard she'd gotten a hold of. "Mmm, you're not on the list so I'm afraid I can't let you onto the filming sight. Please leave before I ask someone to escort you out."

     The silver-haired teen raised an eyebrow. "Whether you're using this space for filming is irrelevant. This area is still part of the school's campus, and as a student, I have as much right to be here as you do."

     Tamaki, who had been looking for the blonde manager to show her some of his poses, froze when he saw Reiko standing in front of the first year by the courtyard entrance. He broke into a grin, jumping to the conclusion that she was here to make up with Kyoya, but his elation quickly turned to panic when he realized that Renge wasn't letting her through. Tossing his script behind him he ran up to the silver-haired teen to intercept their conversation.

     "Reiko! My dear it's so lovely to see you!" he exclaimed, eyes sparkling with hope.

     The second year turned to him. "Tamaki," she acknowledged. Her tone wasn't particularly friendly, but at least she wasn't ignoring him like she had been the day before.

     "You must be here to speak to Kyoya right? Come I'll take you to him!" he exclaimed grabbing her hand to lead her to where the dark-haired male was chatting with the film crew.

     "What? But this is a private shoot she can't be here!" Renge protested grabbing the silver-haired teen's wrist.

     "Nonsense! Reiko is practically family!" Tamaki countered grabbing her other wrist and tugging her in Kyoya's direction.

     Reiko wrenched her hands out of their grips and gave both teens an intense glare that had them shrinking away from her. "Don't touch me so casually. I'm here at Hikaru and Kaoru's invitation. Now, if you'll excuse me." She turned away from them sharply and brushed past the two and made her way towards the twins who were sprawled on the floor in basketball jerseys acting out a scene.

     Kyoya, who had noticed the silver-haired teen as soon as she'd arrived, tapped his fingers against his leg as he observed her interaction with Renge. He watched her carefully, waiting for the blonde to let her through. When he saw the conversation turn into a one=sided argument on the first-year's part, he was tempted to go over there and collect Reiko himself. He'd breathed a sigh of relief when Tamaki approached them and for a moment it seemed he was going to bring her to where he was standing. The imperceptible smile that had upturned his lips fell when she pulled away from the blonde and made her way to the opposite end of the courtyard where the twins were finishing their scene.

     He gripped his pen tightly as the two first years rushed to the silver-haired teen and greeted her with friendly hugs. He didn't bother to hide his displeasure this time as Tamaki walked to stand beside him.

     "She's here today," the blonde said following his gaze to where Reiko was chatting with the two boys.

     "Clearly," he snapped, turning his attention to his notebook.