Chapter 16: Heroism for dummies

Author's note:

Haha confrontation go brrr.

Funny story, I write chapters in advance and just decide to post them whenever I want with no consistent schedule.

High school's been rough man.

___

"I was told you wanted to see me?" Gopal asked, if he's correct in his assumptions this is about the case. Being the team's moral support for the past five years has it perks, you just know when you're going to have a talk about how your  best friends have done something slightly immoral.

"Yes, It's has come to my attention that you do not keep me updated to how you do your job. And to that I have some questions" Aizawa figures he can reason with this one, considering the fact that Gopal rather sit on the sidelines and watch chaos unfolds rather than actively participating.

"Fire away." Oh, this talk will be much simpler than he initially thought. The problem isn't the not very ethical things they've done but questions about what those things are, not as difficult as explaining why. He can work with this, Gopal thinks as he pulls a chair for himself.

"You have trackers on people, correct? I would like to know what their functions are." If possible, the homeroom would also like to know who're currently being tracked aside from his own students. Even though Gopal is older, he seem to hold very little respect for professionalism.

"We call them 'bugs' actually, they're literally ants." Gopal begins, picking up a blank piece of paper amongst all the office supplies and turning it into a bag of gummies that he opens with ease. Popping one in his mouth casually. "Fang's shadow ants to be exact. Without his control, they'll latch onto pretty much anyone. With his control, we can see and hear through them, he knows where all of them are by proxy."

"Shadow ants...?" Eraserhead took his time processing the information while his student chews on candy, the homeroom looks down and rubbed out an oncoming headache. Makes sense considering Fang will be monitoring everything for him to be inside so much, how does he record information then? "How do you keep them running?"

"They use light to sustain themselves and it isn't hard to find a spot when you're smaller than a fingertip. For defense, you can't exactly attack something you can't see." It's simple as that, and it's not like you can even touch them unless Fang takes control, they'll just go right through you.

"What about when you can't watch them?" He knows that the team still has other jobs to conduct, it's not practical nor convenient for at least one of them to listen in especially if their usual tasks involve so much action. Even if they can pick up a call in the midst smoke and embers.

"We make a second one." Gopal said, putting another piece of confection down the hatch. But when he sees the visible confusion on his teacher's face, he sighed. "We put these on your phones, these ones are much simpler and more hands-off. They emit a low signal that only Boboiboy can track, letting us know where students are, while also doubling as lifelines, all interruption to a norm will be called for immediate check-in."

"Unrelated, but I want to ask why you all use your Quirks so frequently." Aizawa once consider scolding them for the carelessness, they kept using the possibly world-ending powers as convenience. Gopal had just made a bag of candy right in front of him when they began their talk!

"Eh...?" So that's a problem? No wonder the guys are so confused whenever they use their powers. "Well, we use them as we see fit I guess? It's not like the only use is to beat up bad guys." picking out another gummy, he holds the bag up to his homeroom. Figuring the man can do with a little humor. "Tell me, does this bag look like it's going to hurt anyone?"