Chapter 14

A few weeks past from that time Tomah and I went to Ei's...not that I miss that embarrassment. It was nice to just spend time with Tomah without needing a sexual favor.

Tomah still wanted me to pay him—but he isn't expected to love me back so I agreed.

I walked down the corridor into my sister's room. She had left clothes strung across her floor, including what smelled like wet socks— I wasn't going to ask though.

It's laughable that she has all this time to work for Eternity but not be a normal college student. Or at least clean her room—

I walk into the room a bit more and try to tidy up placing socks that are wet into a laundry basket.

A swift swish and click is heard. "Ayato, what are you doing in here? It's a mess!"

I pause and place down the laundry basket, "well why'd you lock the door, Tomah."

"I—I did not!"he retorted shyly leaning onto the wall. 

"Mhm, so what are you doing in here?" I ask cooly.

"To clean of course! I get paid to do that too you know."

...
Oh yeah...he does do that-

"Yes Tomah, I have the pay stubs I'm not incompetent."

"Yes, we'll in the kitchen you are—something."

"Excuse me."

——————————————————————————-

This argument turned into a cooking battle that I quickly lost—

———————————————————————————

Ayaka returned from her day as quickly as she left for it, coming back to a disaster of a kitchen and Tomah throwing up in the bathroom—she ignored his plea for help and walked into her bedroom. I followed her and passed Tomah a bottle of Ibuprofen.

"AYAKA, I GOTTA QUESTION WILL YOU SLOW DOWN!"

"What Ayato? I don't have time for your antics I'm going to a party-also it's my day off."

"Rude—it's not about work dumbass—also wtf is your room. I know Tomah cleans but you are a fucking train wreck!" I hollered as she quickened her pace.

"Like I said. PARTY. Can you leave me alone please?" She hissed retreating into her room.

"Ayaka, hey I still haven't asked you a question!"

"Oh, you've asked plenty," she slams the slider shut in my face.

Tomah crawls out of the bathroom, "Ayato maybe she is upset over you going missing for a day with me—just a thought."

"Ayaka is that the case? Really! Tell me damnit," I pounded on the door.

"And what if it is?! I mean you go missing for a whole day with our housekeep? That seems a lot like some sick twisted thing, and knowing you it probably was," She spits.

"Ayaka, we went to Ei's. Also even if we did start going out don't you think I would tell you?"

"Think you would tell me?? You have sex in your office all the time—majority of the time I just don't ask but really, you haven't told me for quite some time."

"Correction," Tomah cut in, "that I have been compensated in cash. There's nothing going on between us."

"He's correct, would you like to see the check stubs?" I reply.

I'd be more mad, but this could smooth things over-

"...holy shit..."

Me too...me too, Ayaka.

"Thus, this confrontation is ended. Ayato your question." Tomah continued.

I cleared my throat and raised my head, "How come you have so many wet socks, you know that you can ask Tomah to wash them, and also how are they even getting wet? It hasn't rained in weeks."

"It's—well. I like to go dancing underground. Under the city there is a club. I go dancing there. It's a dance floor covered in water." Ayaka answers.

"Then don't wear socks?"

"Basic diplomacy of the club is that you must wear dance shoes or protective shoes—I don't have either. So I wear socks over my shoes to make them look like dance shoes. I thought if I asked for dance shoes you would think I was doing something like this so I kept it a secret, but since you told your truth there's mine."

"Really, that's it? Sheesh just ask for dance shoes next time. Tomah, you got that, go order some, and make sure they are the highest quality. Take my card. See you soon. Also go to the city that's where the good shops are." I say passing my black card.

"Sir."

"Well Ayaka, better get dressed for the big night. But really? You think I am an overprotective brother, I really feel offended over that. You're an adult so act like it. You want shoes, get shoes. You want to move, move. Now, please make sure to be careful with yourself if you get caught doing this I'm not obligated to get you out of jail. Enjoy yourself." I smile walking to my office.

Tomah, you and I are going to have a good chat later...and you might leave bloody.