Chapter 19

"Ayato? Where are you going? We were going to have a beetle fight..."

"Yeah...we are I'll be right back," I said in a daze, walking with my eyes fixed on Tomah.

"..."

Cash started flying the closer I got to the stage. Tomah hadn't noticed me yet. He leaned in to meet someone lips and I pulled back in repulse as he went back up on the stage with a wad of cash.

Another side job... I'm not mad...not in a way I should be. I' don't feel betrayed just more or less blah. At least if he told me I could have been using protection.

Itto came up to the stage and I whipped my head to meet his.

"Let's continue our beetle fight."

He nodded while I took his hand leading over to the table.

"Ayato, do you know that guy? You seemed real upset about him being up there," Itto asked clenching his beer can.

"I thought I did. He works for me. No matter, I couldn't care less at the moment."

I peered over once more at Tomah and for a moment I thought our eyes met. I look back at Itto and we start the match. As the beetles go at it Itto sits staring at the table. I ponder and then propose to the idea, "Why don't we bet something?"

He looks up, "huh?"

"Let's bet on the winning beetle."

Itto places down his beer, "I want you to continue to come here so I have someone to fight beetles with!"

I blink, "that's it?" It was a basic request...I wouldn't mind.

"If I win I'll still come back!" I laugh, "Also for my reward...I'd like to get to know you better."

He smiled and said, "Sure!"

The time between the battle felt endless. I would look over at Tomah then back at the table. Take a sip from the beer can Itto would pass then watch the beetles push each other back-and-forth-back-and-forth...Itto's lips would move but I could never hear him...all I heard was people around me screaming for Tomah to strip more clothes or go home with them. I gazed over at Tomah and this time, without a shadow of a doubt, Tomah looked straight at me.

I shot up realizing I had won the beetle fight, then automatically grabbed Itto's wrist and kissed him.

The fuck am I doing? How drunk am I? Who cares? I just wanna make him jealous! I hate him!! I hate him!!

"AYATO!" Itto yelled pulling away, "What are you doing? Isn't that your boyfriend? Why are you kissing me?"

"That whore's not my boyfriend," I spat loosing my balance.

"Ayato, you're way too drunk! You can't be thinking straight. Please calm down," Itto calmed.

"You think I can't handle my liquor? Ha, well you're wrong! Now come on we're going to get to know each other better."

He flinched.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the club. Itto wobbled behind me and I smirked.

"Ayato! Please stop," Itto wept, pulling against my lead.

"Nah! Come on. You're not going to break the bet are you?" I quirked.

"No..." his voice trailed.

I pulled again and he trailed behind me. I tripped and stumbled as I caught myself. Itto clasped my arm and supported my weight. I remember dosing off as him arms wrapped around me.

I came to in a familiar person's arms. I rest with my eyes fixed on their face.

"Morning."

"Morning."

"What were you doing at a club?"

"I don't know...just went out on a limb," I replied with a chuckle.

"Did you enjoy the show?" Tomah said, helping me up off of his lap.

"I can't say I didn't."

Itto popped out from a door to the side of us, "Yo! He's awake. Welcome back! I was worried for a moment so I went and grabbed a stack of cash to lure Tomah's eyes towards us. In hindsight it was super embarrassing but I was a little drunk too."

"Don't do stupid shit again!" Tomah scolds me with a slap on the back.

"Ha!" I choke with a smile, "Don't tell me that when you know I would pay you extra just to do that infront of me."

"..." Itto slid away and ran into a wall on the way to a door far from us.

"Archons, you have no chill when you're drunk!"

"Sorry..."

"Get yourself up and let's get home before you do something else dumb."

"Ok."

———

AAAAAAA TYYY SMMMMMMM FORRRRRR YOU GUYSSSS MY BRAIN WAS RUNNING WILD AND I HAD A SHITTY IDEA THEN REALIZED IT WOULDNT BE BAD IF I TWEAKED IT A BIT

GOD I ALMOST MADE A ITTOXAYATO MOMENT BUT THIS AINT ABOUT THEEEEEMMM XDDDDDD