Chapter Two

I calmed myself down as I brewed a pot of coffee, praying Thor hadn't heard the dialogue. Who knew what he could do to me with those meaty hands?

I empty the pot into two mugs and carry them carefully to the table.

"Thank you." Thor says with gratitude. I mumble in response. We sit in silence for several moments, staring out the window.

"Tell me about this hostage. How do you know him?" I ask. I wanted to know more about the man who calls himself Loki. For some reason, his eyes captivated me in a way I've never felt before.

"He is my brother, Loki Laufeyson." He reveals. How could they be brothers? They looked and acted nothing alike. I nod, hoping he'll continue.

"He has escaped prison. He betrayed me, and our family." Anger builds up inside him, and I can see him squeezing his mug. As soon as he notices, he loosens his grip.

"That's terrible." I sympathize. As soon as he's about to speak again, my mother bursts in through the door.

"Olivia! Why aren't you working?" She questions angrily. I sigh and meet Thor's eyes.

"Sorry." I apologize to him. "come over again soon, I'd love to talk." I smile. He grunts and stands, lifting his hammer from the floor.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, fair Olivia. I would enjoy your coffee again." He pats my shoulder (very, very hard, I might add) before waving goodbye to my mother and pushing out through the door.

"What're you doing speaking with Neanderthals?" She interrogates. I shake my head.

"He's just a person." I defend. I step into the back room and quickly clean the shards of glass off the floor. I glance at the back door and stare at it for a few seconds, my mind flashing to the man who stood there only 20 minutes ago. I shake my head and turn, taking another order from the cork board.

-

Several hours later, I arrive home at my little cottage.

Since I already have to deal with my controlling mother at work, I chose to buy my own home. It isn't particularly large, but I live alone.

I take my house key from my pocket and carefully unlock the front door. I hear the same as I always hear when I arrive home, a tinkling sound echoing through the empty hallways before my young husky practically slams into my legs.

"Harper!" I greet happily, squatting down to scratch behind her ears.

"You have a lovely dog, for a Midgardian." A sly, judgmental voice says above me. I squint my eyes and look up.

My gaze is met by the man, Loki, again. He stands in my doorway, but instead of a cold and unfeeling look, a mischievous grin has appeared on his face.

"Why the hell are you in my house?" I stand, still small in comparison to his tall and elegant figure. I cross my arms over my chest and give him a glare.

"Reasons barely matter." He slides out of the way, allowing me room to step inside, as if I were the guest. Reluctantly, I duck under his arm and stand in the foyer.

"I need an explanation." I demand, trying to block him from stepping any closer.

"I was just making sure you weren't going to tell my brother who you've seen earlier." He steps dangerously close, and my breath hitches in my throat. I stare into his eyes, unspeaking. Behind him, Harper growls. Suddenly, he backs away, laughing. I furrow my eyebrows. What the-

"I frightened you quite well, hadn't I?" He asks. I cross my arms, defeated. I'll never get it out of him. I know that now.

"You're a talented liar." I admit.

"Well, shouldn't you expect that of the God of lies?" He responds. He takes a picture frame from my shelf and studies it.

"Who- who are you?" I sit down. Almost everything he says or does makes little sense, and it drives me insane.

"Loki Laufeyson." He answers simply. I shift uncomfortably.

"But, who more than that?" I elaborate. His eyes are set on his fingers for a few long moments, and he runs his other hand through his smooth hair.

"I am Loki, God of Mischief and Lies. I am from Asgard, one of the 9 realms. I am the adopted son of Odin, king of Asgard, who will never be my true father. I was cheated out of royalty, and now, I hide in Midgard, from those who consider me evil." He finishes bitterly. I'm slightly overwhelmed by his small story, and I don't say a word in response, even though I have so many questions.

What is such a dangerous man doing in my house?

"Would you like something to drink?" I blurt out instead. He glances me.

"No thank you. I've already helped myself." He makes himself comfortable in a windowsill facing me.

I don't respond for a while, because the man has left me utterly speechless.

-

I'm sorry that this update is shorter than the others, but I actually plan on uploading another one tonight, in the next few hours! Enjoy(:

-k xxx

guarded ♔ loki laufeyson (ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara