Chapter Six

"I'm just a small town florist from Conrad, Tennessee, I swear!" I blurt, just as soon as the door to the interrogation room is shut.

"It's alright, Ms. Linden. We have enough background, and don't see you as a threat. We'd just like to ask you a few questions regarding the hostage you wanted to keep from us." The man smiles. It's the same man who ordered to have me taken prisoner as well, but since then he's removed his sunglasses.

"Okay." I mumble, looking down to my toes. I shuffle into a chair with a table in front. Man, this is just like an interrogation room in movies!

"To start off, I'd like to introduce myself. I am Agent Phil Coulson, and this is Stark Tower." He informs.

"Olivia." I respond. He leans and takes a seat on the table in front of me.

"Okay, Olivia. I'd like to ask my first question. Is that alright with you?" He asks. I nod my head and put my hands in my lap.

"Were you aware that you were housing a man who is responsible for the deaths of over 100 people?" My breath hitches in my throat.

"H-he killed people?" I feel something weird in my chest. Loki killed people? He'd always been kind and funny to me (well, you know, despite his horrible temper).

"Yes, Ms. Linden, he did. Now, how did you come across this hostage?" Immediately, I spill everything, not including sentimental things, like cuddling on the couch once or twice, or watching Finding Nemo.

After I'm finished, he continues to write for a minute or two.

"Thank you. One more question, Ms. Linden. Did Loki share his intentions or show interest in harming anyone?" He meets my eyes with a strong, hard gaze.

"No. Not at all." I answer, completely forgetting about the time he wanted to attack my mother. It doesn't count, though. I've wanted to attack her plenty of times.

"Okay, Ms. Linden. We appreciate your cooperation. If you'd like, we can fly you back to Tennessee free of charge." He stands and opens the door for me.

"Alright." I say.

But what about Loki? I can't just leave him. He's too important to me.

Men surround my shoulders as I'm taken back to the lobby of Stark Tower. A jet already awaits me outside. I glance back, as if I could still see him. What will I do without him? Why are they ripping him from my grasp.

He killed people, Olivia. I argue inwardly.

Reluctantly, I board the jet. In seconds, we're in the air, and I watch the tower until it's nothing but a spec.

-

Loki's POV (surprise!)

She's gone. I can feel it.

I hear the doors to the prison hold slide open, but my back is to them.

I slowly turn, anger clear on my face, to meet my gaze with Nick Fury's and Thor's.

"Where did you take her?" I hiss. They both come to a stop in front of my cell.

"We sent her home." Fury replies. Thor's face is sorrowful. Disappointment stirs in my chest.

"But... But why?" I stutter. Just when I had finally found my own companion, Thor and his stupid Midgardian friends had to ruin it.

"We didn't consider her a threat. You're the only threat in this matter." Fury interjects. I scowl.

"I have no plan to harm any of your precious Midgardians." I huff, rolling my eyes.

"But Loki, you see, we can't really trust your word." Thor speaks. If looks could kill, he'd be sprawled out onto the floor in a heap.

"What great help you are, you oaf." I shake my head. I know, I know. Horrible insult.

"Brother, we've decided to take you back to Asgard." Thor replies. I turn to meet his eyes, my own very wide.

"What about Olivia?" Are the first words to come to my mouth. Thor grins.

"Does my brother have a little crush?" He teases.

"I'm not your brother, Thor." I fire back lamely. But, somehow, he takes this insult much worse than the others.

"Ms. Linden will remain on Earth, out of your presence." Fury cuts in. I haven't wanted to choke someone so much as I had right now. When I don't say a word, the two retreat, and I'm alone again, as I've always ended up.

I stare at my fingers, thinking, in the loud silence.

Why do I care so much for Olivia?

And then, kind words sing in my ears in a painful manner.

This little flower is out there somewhere, Loki, I promise.

All I feel in my heart is pain.

The pain of being left behind.

The pain of losing my mother.

The pain of being isolated.

The pain of being different.

The pain of being alone.

I pull my knees to my chest and bury my face. And then, I cry.

I let tears fall down my face, sobs wrack my body, and my shoulders shudder and shake.

What had I done, as a child, as a baby, to deserve this?

-

Olivia's POV

My stomach is empty.

I've never felt worse about leaving someone behind before.

I mean, yes, I had done it. Everyone has.

But this, this pain, is new.

All I can think of is Loki's face.

How his nose crinkles when he smiles.

His silly, non-existent temper.

His slightly-evil-sounding laugh.

The guarded vulnerability in his eyes.

The graceful way he walks.

Is it possible to adore someone as much as I adore him?

-

This was short, I know.

I just want to hug Loki:,(

I hope you like it, though!

Lots of reveals;)

I'll have the next one up very soon!

Comment and vote! Reading your comments is one of the best parts of my day:)

Enjoy!

-k xxx