Chapter Thirteen

"Well, Olivia, I must be going." Loki sighs, after helping me move into a room in Stark tower.

"Noooo not yet!" I whine, throwing my arms around his neck. He sets his hands on my waist and barely smiles.

"You forget that I am still a prisoner in my own home." He reminds me.

"Odin wouldn't know if you had a little bit of you time." I persist.

"You're hard to resist, darling." He relents, and I grin in victory. I grab his hand and lead him towards my bed.

"What exactly do you plan to do?" He asks, refusing to sit down on my bed.

"What do you mean?" I respond, before realizing exactly what he means.

"Loki, ew! I just wanted to cuddle!" I stick my tongue out in disgust. He lets that little mischievous grin slip onto his face.

"I'm deeply sorry, darling."

"No you're not." I detect the lying immediately.

He sits down on my bed and wraps his arms around my waist, and the two of us slowly lay down together.

"How can you tell when I'm lying? Only my mother could do that." He admits.

"I just.... know you." I shrug. He leans forward and places his lips on my hair. He begins to caress my jaw, and I sigh in comfort.

"I don't want you to go." I decide.

"But darling, I must." He mumbles, and I feel his lips move in my head. A cold, chilling breath flows out of his mouth, and I shudder.

"Loki, you're always so cold." I shake my head with a laugh. He gazes at me seriously.

"What?" I ask, disturbed by the sudden change in mood.

"Olivia, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." A million things run through my head as soon as I hear this one phrase. But, I choose to clear them away and really listen to what he has to say. I hate it when I assume things, anyway.

"Okay..." I drag out, showing that I'm ready to listen.

"T-this isn't my natural, well, being, I guess." He seems troubled by what he's thinking. I nod my head, urging him to go on.

"I was born a frost giant." He expects me to put two and two together, but still, I'm completely clueless.

"What's a frost giant?" I question.

"Well, umm, I don't-"

"You could show me." I suggest. He glances at me and then away. What is he so worried about?

"Why wouldn't you want to show me?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't want you to hate me. You'll think I'm hideous." He vents. I lean forward and cup his cheek in my hand, bringing my face close to his.

"Loki, I will like you no matter what. I would never judge you." I assure. He looks into my eyes, the tense-ness in his bone structure suddenly relieved.

"Alright." He relents, standing.

I search his face as he harnesses some kind of magic in his hands. I can see him tremble.

And then, his fingers begin turning blue.

The color creeps up his arms, and then over his torso. It takes over his legs and feet, and then lastly, his face. His eyes transform into red, reminding me of Thanos.

"Thanos took you too?" I blurt. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Your eyes, they're red." I continue. He seems to realize what I'm saying and laughs nervously.

"No, Olivia. These are the eyes I was born with." His eyes bore hard into mine. I get up carefully and approach him. I can feel his lack of heat from quite a distance, as if I'd suddenly turned up the AC in my bedroom.

"Can I touch you?" I ask quietly. I reach forward, not waiting for an answer.

"No! Wait! You might get frost-..... Bite." He finishes, realizing that my fingers are already on his cheek. He reaches up and takes my hand.

"Frostbite? What're you talking about?" I squeeze his hand with reassurance.

"N-no one can touch a frost giant, they'll get frostbite."

"Well, I guess not everyone gets frostbite." I smile. He stares down at me for a long time.

"Why do you hide this from people?" I whisper gently.

"Because-because, I'm a hideous monster. I'm the very thing that children are terrified of." Vulnerability fills his shaky voice. I take my other hand and caress his cheek again.

"Loki, I think you're beautiful. Especially this way." His breath hitches.

"Really?"

"Really."

I put my hand on the back of his neck and lower his head, so I can tenderly meet his freezing cold lips with mine.

He kisses me with hunger and vulnerability, and hugs me to him with a strong need. My feet are slightly off the ground, because he's practically holding me, since he's so much taller.

As we're together, he slowly lets his skin change back to normal. He places his forehead on mine and pulls his lips away from mine, looking into my eyes with joy.

"I'm gonna miss you." I mumble, my eyes filling with tears. I've never wanted someone to be with me so much in my entire life.

"I will return." His voice is back to normal. He kisses my nose once and grins his mischievous grin, and then he's gone. Just like that.

My hands , which were once clutching his coat, are now grabbing at nothing.

I mutter something incoherent, furrowing my eyebrows, and glance around my bedroom. He just... left?

A knock on my door causes me to turn my head quickly, and I step forward and open it to reveal Captain America.

"Would you like some dinner?" He asks. He has a slightly awkward smile on his face, and a small blush.

"How long have you been standing there?" I cross my arms.

"Uhm, well..." He rubs the back of his neck.

"I would like some dinner, Cap." I break the silence with a knowing grin. I put my arm in his and shut my door.

"You can call me Steve."

-

Hi!

I love Steve... but I love Loki more!

Qotc: since it's national best friends day, what's your best friend's name?

Aotc: Nicole, Addie, and Liz☺️

Enjoy!

-k xxx