Chapter Nine

They let me out of the 'hospital' room only a few days later.

My only visitors were Thor (a couple of times), and Loki (who was frequent). But as I was coming out, something happened. Several guards came forward and immediately seized Loki.

"What're you doing?" I jump forward, trying to rip him from the men. They simply shoulder me away.

"He is being returned to the dungeon, where he belongs." A voice answers behind me. I turn, and my gaze is met with that of a large man with a snow white beard.

"Who're you to decide that?" I spit angrily.

"I am Odin, king of Asgard, the man who brought you here." He narrows his eyes. I let the visible anger vanish from my body.

"Why are you putting Loki in the dungeon? He's your son."

"Yes, he is my son. My son, who killed over a hundred midgardians, and tried to take over my rule." He shakes his head. I bite my lip, looking down. His explanation was technically valid.

"Why did you let him out?" I persist. He sighs an annoyed sigh, but frankly, I don't care that much.

"To see you, young maiden. He was terribly worried for you, he couldn't sleep. I let him out on the condition that he returned when you were released from the infirmary." He takes a few steps forward and sits down on a chair. He pats the seat beside him, as any normal one would, and I hesitantly sit down.

"Oh." is all I can let out. I tap my fingers in a nervous rhythm.

"There is something special about you. I've never seen this in my boy before." He continues, making me blush slightly. What does he mean, special? What was so special that I had done?

"Uhm, thanks?" I say, unsure of how to respond. We sit in silence for a couple of minutes before someone at the end of the hallway begins to call for him.

"Well, back to my duties, Ms. Linden." He sighs, before walking away. I watch his figure disappear.This is what Loki had to deal with as a kid? I feel kind of...bad.

I decide to go back to my room and change clothes before setting out to find Loki again. I'm halfway there when I bump into someone: Sif.

"Feeling better, Olivia?" She wonders. I walk towards my room again, and she follows.

"A little. I haven't gotten a headache in a few days. I'm hoping that guy is out of my mind." I push into my room. She doesn't say anything for a while, long enough for me to turn and look at her in concern.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No, no. It's just- I've never known Thanos to give up this easily." She bites her lip.

"Wait, you know who this guy is?" I'd asked Loki about him several times, but each time he denied me an answer and changed the subject.

"I- I really shouldn't tell you. It isn't my place."

"Please?" I beg. She stares hard into my eyes for a few seconds before looking away.

"Fine. Meet me in the gardens in 10 minutes." She relents, after looking at my infirmary attire once.

"Yes! Okay." I cheer. Then I dive into my closet.

I put on a yellow dress and pull my hair into an elegant twist of a ponytail, and then I leave to find the gardens.

It only takes me 5 minutes to see the thousands of blooms, and a conflicted Sif standing in the middle.

"I'm here." I greet her. She nods and leads me to a small clearing to sit. Then, she takes a deep breath.

"You heard about the thing that happened on your planet, in the place called New York?" She starts. I nod.

"Well. Loki was the one who caused it. But he couldn't do it alone." She shifts around nervously, hoping other guards won't hear her words. Then, she continues.

"He needed an army, and Thanos was the one who provided an army. But it was at a high price, and Loki promised his victory." She throws a pebble and watches it glide. I simply wait.

"He didn't get either of those things, and that made Thanos angry. You don't mess with Thanos without losing everything if you wrong him. In Loki, he couldn't find a thing to take away from him. Well, until you showed up." She finally meets my gaze. My fingers tremble.

"What does he want to do, kill me?" I really hope she'll shush me, say I'm totally off. But she doesn't.

"He wants to torture you, and he wants Loki to watch. He wants Loki to watch you suffer without possibly being able to help you, and then he will kill you brutally. Only then will he let Loki die." Tears well up in my eyes. What did I do to deserve this?

"B-but if Loki killed so many people, what is one more to him?" I doubt.

"Olivia, he cares about you. Anyone could see that." She admits quietly, fiddling with her fingers.

"Is anyone trying to stop Thanos? Or are they just going to let me die?"

"Of course not!" She practically screams. "We've been searching for him. But it'll take so much to get him to stop. It will be a truly great cost." She pounds her fist on the ground. Sif was born for war, but it doesn't mean she has to like it.

"I know I haven't known you very long, but you're one of the best friends I've ever had." I reassure. To that, she smiles. I think, in the midst of this terror, I had managed to make both the goddess of war and myself temporarily happy.

-

I tip-toe through the hallway, following Sif's secret directions to the dungeon. She truly was a sweetheart.

I know I'm in the right place when I encounter a guard.

"You can't go in there, miss." The man orders straight away. I smirk and hand him something small that says I have Sif's permission to enter. He grunts and slowly moves out of the way.

"Don't get yourself into any trouble." He warns.

I walk down the dark, empty hallway, every one of my footsteps echoing.

I reach a clearing, and on all sides are purely white cells, with magic walls. I immediately spot a certain God of mischief, leaning on the wall and reading a book. His clothes are still green, but much more comfortable looking than his armor. I approach him silently, and my stomach flutters when he meets my gaze, and his eyes light up.

"Olivia." He grins. I sit down on the ground in front of him, curling my legs as my mother had taught me for when I'm wearing a dress.

"I want to hug you." Is what I blurt out, and my cheeks flame with embarrassment, as always.

"Me too, darling." He groans, shifting. I can tell that he's sad to be in his cell, and very lonely.

"Sif told me about Thanos." I say. His mouth falls agape.

"She what?" He growls angrily, and I flinch as if he'd struck me.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault-"

"Thor and his friends truly must ruin everything!" He yells, before turning his back.

I know he won't talk to me.

So, with a tear slipping out of my eye, I run away.

-

Hi everyone!

I have to go to sleep so no question:(

Next chapter though!

Enjoy!

-k xxx