Chapter Eleven

I retreat from the dungeon about an hour later with a giddy look on my face. This could quite possibly be one of the best days ever.

I decide to go to the garden, somewhere that could easily become my quiet place.

I notice several flowers that I've never seen before, and also several that are familiar. All in all though, they're flowers.

My whole life has been centered around flowers.... but I'm not even sure if I want that anymore. I kind of want to move on.

Even some of my first memories included the flower shop. My mother would keep me at the front table to greet customers (they found me adorable), and she'd buy me as much food from the vending machine as I'd wanted as long as I kept quiet when she was talking to a client.

Workers came and go, mostly teenagers or people who had recently lost their job. But it wasn't easy to hire in Conrad, because it was so small. My mother was relieved when I'd finally turned 14, making me legal to work there. I, myself, wasn't as excited. I knew what it'd be like. And since then, I'd never been proved wrong.

A strange, cold breeze awakens me from me thoughts. I shiver and look back and forth, curious. My eyes suddenly bulge when they land on a slightly transparent figure.

I recognize her as the woman from the painting, only much older.

"Uhm, hi." I wave, not sure of what to do.

"So," she clears her throat, " Loki has finally found his rose." she smiles, her eyes cast down to the pathway , which has a little flower blooming through the muddy cracks.

"Um, what?" I ask, not comprehending what she's implying.

"Forgive me, dear. I forgot to introduce myself. I am Frigga, Loki's mother." She introduces, shaking her head at her own negligence.

"O-Olivia" I answer. I slowly raise my hand to shake, remember she's a FREAKING GHOST, then awkwardly lower it.

"Dearest Olivia. You're so special to my son," She stands, her face gentle and kind. She seems like the perfect mother to have.

"But you're in grave danger." She prophesies. She quickly looks up to the sky in sudden terror, and I stand up, ready to run away if I need to. Could she hurt me? Would she hurt me?

"They're coming, Olivia. For you. You need to return to Midgard as soon as possible." She says in a low, undistinguishable voice. My stomach turns in terror, but I'm frozen where I stand. And then, she vanishes, just like that. Frightened tears roll down my face, and I'm about to sit down, when there's a huge, loud crash.

My eyes narrow, and I look to the rainbow bridge, as many others are probably doing. I notice silver reflecting off two huge ships, and then I feel like I've been struck upside the head.

I scream out in pain, collapsing and hugging my knees to my chest. My head throbs, and I can feel my irises transitioning from their normal color to blood red, over and over, like a flickering light.

"Help me!" I yell, barely able to handle the unbearable pain.

"Olivia!" Somebody shouts back. I look up to see Fandral sprinting in my direction.

"Come here, we need to keep you safe!" He exclaims as he helps me up. He runs slowly and supports me as we reapproach the palace.

When we get inside, he lets me sit down on the ground carefully, and says over his shoulder that he'll return soon. I try hard not to sob, knowing someone could be in the building looking for me at this very moment.

I squeeze my eyes shut, and Frigga's face appears. I know that the woman I met out the wasn't the real Frigga, but I can't help but be slightly afraid of her.

And then I see Loki's face He's stuck in his cell. Will the guards evacuate him? Will he teleport himself out? Will the intruders capture him?

My mind falls silent when I hear footsteps and loud grumbling.

A large, purple-colored-man slams in through the door. I know he isn't an Asgardian, because he doesn't look like one, and he grins widely when his gaze falls on me.

"I've landed my hands on the prize." He walks towards me, slowly, obviously trying to scare me more than I am already.

"Who are you, anyway?" I question confidently, as my heart beats fast and my head continues to throb.

"Me?" He laughs and shakes his head. When he's comes closer, I can see that his eyes are neon green, and resemble that of a snake's. "I am Atlas, son of Thanos."

My heart stops in my chest for a few seconds.

"A-are you going to kill m-me?" I stutter.

"That would be too easy." His grin grows wider, before he lunges forward with his hands outstretched. At the last second, I find myself rolling out of the way. Atlas crashes into the wall and literally growls. I sprint for the door.

I hear his footsteps behind me, and then his large hands clasp around my small waist. He picks me straight up off the ground and I squeal. He turns me around the face him, holding my body up like Simba's in The Lion King.

I scream in defiance and kick his nose, hard. He groans and drops me on the ground. I land with a smack, the back of my head slamming into a stair. Black spots dance in my vision.

He pulls his hands away, revealing black liquid squirting from his nostrils. Ew, his blood is black? He reaches down again, intending to grab me, and I punch his several times in the stomach.

Where the hell is all of this fight in me coming from?

He screams in frustration, before pulling something out of his boot. He's so fast that I don't realize what he's doing until there's already a knife inside me, and blood is gushing onto my golden dress.

I gasp, feeling the liquid pour all over my fingers.

"Now that's more like it." He decides, satisfied, before picking me up from the ground. He's stomping his way out of the room, happy to have his 'trophy', when we hear something.

"Put Olivia down, before I tear your every limb away, and refuse to put you out of your own misery afterward." A familiar voice hisses threateningly behind us, and my heart swells with joy.

"What took you so long?" Atlas laughs, turning towards Loki. I can tell that Loki pretends not to notice my wounded side, as he doesn't want to show any vulnerability.

"I said, put her down." He restates.

"At what price?" Atlas teases, knowing that my life is slipping away with every drop of blood that seeps out of me.

"I might let you survive this encounter." Loki smiles arrogantly.

"You can have your little bitch, for now. But we'll come back. Thanos will stop at nothing." Atlas seethes, before throwing me down on the ground. I yelp and burst into tears.

As soon as Atlas disappears, Loki sprints to my side, desperation and worry all over his face. His eyebrows are furrowed the way that they do when he's scared.

"Help! Please! We need help! Now!" He screams. I feel my eyelids flutter, and I caress his jawline.

"It'll be okay." I manage to sputter.

"It'll be okay." He repeats, his voice wobbly. I see two tears slip down his face, before I can't see him any longer and the darkness engulfs me.

-

Woah

Woah

Woah

Qotc: what's your favorite animal?

Aotc: cats:)

Enjoy!

-k xxx