Chapter Ten

I stay up the whole night, pondering what happened.

Why was he so mad at me? I don't know what I did wrong.

I pace around in my bedroom, not bothering to turn on the light. The moonlight illuminates the floor and my white nightgown just enough to see okay.

I'm on my 73rd lap around the room when I notice something glass glinting out of the corner of my eye. Curious, I approach it.

It's small, I can hold it. I kneel down and pick it up, then gasp.

A large picture frame holds a drawing of someone I can faintly recognize, and someone else.

A beautiful woman with long, flowing hair and a caring smile holds an adorable baby with smooth black hair in a blanket.

Loki.

"Oh my gosh." I sigh. This is seriously one of the cutest things I've seen in my life.

The woman must be his mother.

She's the only one I haven't seen since I've come here. I wonder where she's at?

I carefully set the picture down and straighten up. I hear someone knock on the door.

I step to it and open it, wrapping a blanket around the myself for warmth.

"Thor." I smile kindly.

"May I come in?" He asks.

"Sure." I shrug. He walks past me and plops down into my bed, glancing out the window at the starry night sky.

"Who's room was this before mine?" I casually plunk down beside him.

"It was my mother's."

"Was?" I question.

"Yes. She, well, she died, not very long ago." He scratches the back of his head. I don't respond, looking down at the floor, troubled.

"Did you need me for something?" I break the awkward silence.

"Oh, yes. Sif would like to know if you'd like to sleep in her room with her." He pats my shoulder.

"Why would she ask that?" I don't quit say no.

"She is in the room directly below you, and she can hear you pacing." He grins. I blush and laugh embarrassingly.

"Tell her I'll be down in a minute." I shake my head, a smile clear on my face. He gets up and bounds out of the door after bidding farewell.

I gather a few blankets from the bed, and several pillows, and then I tip-toe outside to find Sif's room.

I pass many dark rooms, snores floating out of a lot of them. Snoring is such a weird noise, it never fails to make me laugh.

I'm about to walk past a red and gold door when it bursts open and two hands grab me and pull me inside.

"My Gods, Olivia. Quit laughing, you'll wake the Allfather." Sif exclaims, letting go of my arm.

"Was I keeping you up with my pacing?" I respond sarcastically.

"You were. Was there something wrong?" She lowers her eyebrows in concern. Even Tia didn't care about me this much when I was younger.

"Yeah."

"Tell me." She blurts immediately, in the same way that a teenage girl would say 'spill'.

"It's Loki. He's mad at me because I asked you about Thanos." She shakes her head and grunts.

"I knew I shouldn't have told you!"

"I'm thankful that you did." I admit sincerely.

I walk to her dresser, caressing a white rose that she has sitting in an elegant vase.

"White roses are my favorite." I let my dimple poke out, looking to my friend. Her face is funny as she seems to remember something.

"They were always Loki's favorite, too. He had a small obsession with them, always guarding them from Thor and Volstagg's tromping boots with his own body. He claimed them to be 'special'." Her gaze meets the floor. She can't always meet me eyes when she speaks of him. I wonder why?

When I look back to the rose, the petals shine with a new meaning, and my stomach flutters with something new, yet all too familiar.

-

In the morning, I approach Loki's cell again.

"You're always so angry with me." I state. I sit down and cross my legs, staring at him. His back is to me.

"Don't you think the silent treatment is a little immature for you?" I ask. He turns around slowly, annoyance on his face.

"How could you possibly think it's alright to ask someone else about something that I didn't want you to know?" He questions in a quiet, intense voice.

"I'm not your property, Loki." I spit.

"I didn't say you were my property." He raises his voice slightly. I narrow my eyes.

"Then why the hell do you think you're in charge of what I can and can't know?"

"I was just trying to protect you!" He screams, slamming his fist down on the glass of his cell. He then proceeds to groan in pain, and fall down onto his knees, his face twisted, cupping his hand.

I crawl forward and put my hand on the glass, concern in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I speak in a much gentler voice.

His eyes flicker up to mine, and he scoots closer to the glass.

"What is this, magic glass?" I joke. There's a certain gold shine to it.

"Yes, it is charmed." He answers seriously. He leans his forehead against it. I do the same.

The only thing separating us any more is a wall of glass.

I want to shatter it.

"I want to kiss you." He mutters, making my heart beat faster.

"M-me too." I stutter nervously.

He grins, and then there's a flash. and then, the glass no longer separates us, and he is sitting right in front of me.

"Loki!" I whimper happily, throwing my arms around his neck. I bury my face into his chest, inhaling his wonderful, foreign scent.

"I believe you didn't hear me right." He mumbles into my hair, and I turn my face up to look at him.

And then, his sweet lips are on mine, once again.

He kisses me gently, and holds me as if I'm the most fragile little flower on the planet.

Nothing in my life has ever felt so write.

After a few minutes, he still holds me in his embrace.

"My rose." He whispers, kissing my forehead.

And, even though I have no idea what he's talking about, my insides can't help but explode with joy.

-

AWWWWWWE

okay guys Loki is perfect

And adorable

And sweet

Btw I've been trying to keep him a little meaner so he's a little more like his character and they don't just fall into eachother's arms in like two days.

Qotc: who's your favorite avenger?

Aotc: either Thor or Cap:)

Thanks for reading, make sure to comment cause that's one of my favorite parts:)

Enjoy!

-k xxx