Chapter Four

When I wake up in the love seat the next morning, Loki is gone, and the blanket and the clothes he borrowed are folded nicely on the couch. I groan, feeling a crick in my neck, having not slept in my bed last night.

I get up and I pour myself another glass of orange juice, before drowsily walking up the stairs to my bedroom. I put on a black t-shirt and a blue and pink flannel, and pull on jeans. I brush my teeth and put on natural make up, and put my hair up at the last second. Then I rush out of the house, praying I won't be late for work.

"Mom, I'm here!" I call, just as soon as I push into the flower shop.

"Olivia Marcella Linden! Where the hell have you been?" She seethes. The shop is more busy than its been in weeks.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I slept in." I raise my hands in surrender, already reaching for another order.

"You'd better not have had someone over." She adds, to which I don't answer. I don't meet her eyes, only turn and take some flowers out of a plastic storage vase.

"You did have someone over. Who was it?" She interrogates, and I shrug.

What is this? I'm 24 years old, and I live in my own house! I shouldn't still get lectures for having people over.

"It really doesn't matter, does it?" I say. She raises her eyebrows. Someone rings the bell at the front counter.

"I'll get it." I tie on my apron and walk through the door.

"Oh! What're you doing here?" I gasp at first, then warningly whisper. Loki only grins.

"I grew bored." He states simply, before picking up a pen and reading the advertisement on the side.

"You know Thor could see you here. Not to mention my mo-"

"Olivia? Who's this?" Speak of the devil, and she shall appear.

"Just a friend, Ma." I say annoyed. Loki smirks.

"I am Loki, of Asgard." He announces. She stares at him for a few seconds, before opening her mouth, and I know it's all over.

"Who are you really?" She asks.

"I am Loki, you deaf old woman. Don't act like you're above me, I am a God." He seethes. She narrows her eyes.

"You're a little pale for a God." She argues. I squeeze my eyes shut and groan. It's like I'd just unleashed World War 3.

"And you're a little fat in that blouse." My mother's face turns red, and smoke blows out of her ears. I glare at Loki. That was a low blow.

"Olivia, why do you hang out with such imbeciles?" She turns to me, trying to drag me in. Suddenly, Loki lunges forward.

"You'd better watch what comes out of that mouth or I'll cut it off, you mewling-"

"Shut. UP!" I scream, holding the two back. Loki meets my eyes with a look of barely masked hurt, and my mother simply glares.

"Talk to me outside." I say to the tall God. He slowly walks through the glass door, and I follow him out with my arms crossed.

"You seriously called my mother fat? Who the hell does that?" I spit. He flinches, then furrows his eyebrows.

"I am deeply sorry-"

"Don't lie to me." I interrupt. He's the best liar I've met, but I somehow became capable of reading him like a book. He's silent. I shake my head.

"Leave me alone, Loki. I really don't want to talk to you." I decide, but I immediately regret the words as I say them. A deep hurt and vulnerability flash over his face, before he covers it with anger.

"You're just a silly little girl anyway." He spits, before turning and storming away.

I watch his retreating figure. I want to call to him, but the words don't come. I sit down on the sidewalk and stare at the concrete, deep in thought.

What did I do?

-

Several hours later, I'm glumly packing together roses, when I hear a familiar thunder of heavy footsteps. Somewhere within me, I find a smile.

"Ah, hello Olivia!" Thor greets.

"Hi Thor. Would you like some coffee?" I ask. He nods happily, and I go to the back to pour an already brewed pot into a cup. When I'm walking back, I hear a cracking sound under my foot. I look down and see a piece of glass, and my mind immediately returns to Loki. I shake my head and go into the other room, handing Thor his mug.

"Have you found your hostage yet?" I ask, flat out knowing the answer.

"Sadly, I have not. S.H.I.E.L.D. has already told me they have brought in backup, which I don't need. But I shan't argue." He shrugs.

"Wow." I nod. I wish I could tell him I knew where his brother was, but no matter how mad at me Loki is (or I at him), I can't betray him.

"I wish I did not have to keep him as a hostage. As children, we were so close. I don't know what I did to make him want to change that." He looks at his hands, and I hum sadly. I remember the day when my little sister wanted nothing to do with me, and there was nothing I could do to fix it. It was one of the worst feelings I'd ever felt, save for one other time. Bit that's a different story for a different day.

After about an hour of conversation (during which I ignore my mother's protests), Thor waves goodbye and heads out of the shop once more.

After a half an hour of moping, I decide to go home early. I change into comfy clothes and grab extra food, then plop down onto my couch like a potato. Even though I'd only had a visitor for about a week, I have no idea what to do with myself without one.

I turn on another sappy romance story, sighing. Bored out of my mind, I fall asleep.

-

I wake up close to an hour later with my head leaning on something unfamiliar, and a a smell that fills me with comfort. I open my eyes to see that I'm laying on something green and black. A shoulder. I turn my head up and see raven colored hair.

I sit up, and my eyes are met by the blue-green ones I have come to know.

"Loki?" I mumble, laying my head back on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, darling. I just had to see you." He admits, before kissing my temple.

I've never felt so much warmth in my body as I did right then.

-

Hey!

I'm back!

I hope you liked it:)

Btw I'm trying not to move too fast, and I'm hoping I can make this escalate quicker soon.

Loki is so cute:)

Enjoy!

-k xxx