Chapter 2

The three girls walked down to the party, which was already filled with half-drunk people.

"Remind me again why I agreed to do this?" Meredith shouted over the loud music.

"Because you needed to get your anti-social ass up from bed!" Cristina shouted back at her. They went straight to the drinks and poured themselves something.

"Juice? Seriously?" Cristina watched as Meredith poured herself some orange juice.

"What's wrong with orange juice?" Meredith asked as she lifted the cup to her mouth.

"What's wrong with you?" Cristina remarked, "You're having a non-alcoholic drink at a party," Cristina grimaced, "Here, put a little vodka in it."

"Cristina," Meredith whined, "Fine, but if something happens to me, it'll be over your head."

"Yeah, yeah," Cristina shrugged her off.

Meredith rolled her eyes and looked around the room.

"Look, it's McSteamy and McDreamy!" Cristina pointed out as she saw them across the room.

"Oh god!" Meredith scrunched her nose up in disgust.

"McSteamy and McDreamy?" Izzy asked as she stood there, confused.

"Oh yeah. Meredith and I gave them names. We can't be bothered to learn their actual names," Cristina shrugged her shoulders.

"So, which is which?" She asked.

"You tell me!"

"I feel like Mark is McSteamy," she nodded, her head still looking at them intensely.

"Mark is?" Cristina leaned in close to her.

"Oh, the tall one with the abs!" Izzy told her.

"How do you know he has abs?"

"He helped get settled in, and he had a tight shirt on! God, I could rail him all night!" Izzy got lost at the sight of them as she bit down the side of the cup. Cristina turned to her side to check on Meredith, but she disappeared from beside her. She had a momentary freakout, scanning the room like a crazy person, when she spotted her talking to some random dude.

"Hey, where you going?" Izzy asked, seeing Cristina move away.

"I want to see whom Meredith is talking to!" She pointed in her direction.

"Ouh, me too!" Izzy put her cup down and ran up to Cristina.

"Meredith!" Cristina walked up beside her.

"Cristina! Hi! Meet George. George, this is Cristina," Meredith introduced them.

"Hello?" Izzy leaned in, half drunk.

"Right, sorry!" Meredith shook her head, "And this is Izzy," she gestured at her.

"Hi, nice to meet you," George shook their hands.

"So, what do you want to major in?" Cristina asked him. More like shouted at this point. They swore the music got louder.

"Oh, I want to be a surgeon," he told them frankly.

"No!" All of them had surprised looks on their face.

"What? Is it seriously that unbelievable?" He asked them, a bit hurt.

"Yeah!" Cristina told him straight forward, earning a slap on the arm from Meredith.

"Cristina!" Meredith warned her through clenched teeth.

"We were all thinking it!" She stood up for her defence.

"Still doesn't excuse you for being so straightforward."