Chapter 13

This was officially the dumbest thing he has ever thought of. Meredith spending Thanksgiving with them was nowhere near sane. What on earth was he thinking? Any name would've sufficed. Any other girl would've been more pleasant than Meredith Grey. He still couldn't believe Ellis Grey was her mother. The woman is a living legend. Probably doesn't succeed at the mother part, given how Meredith reacted but he was freaking out, she's freaking Ellis Grey's daughter. Must've been nice having a mother to look up to. He's hoping she's just as smart as Ellis and not just someone who got into pre-med because her mother is a living legend. But that's not the point now. The point is, Meredith freaking Grey is spending Thanksgiving with his family, his very judgmental family. Especially Kathleen who's just going into psychiatry and is reading everyone in sight. What will she think of him and Meredith? They hardly know each other. Which reminds him, he still needs to talk to her to get their stories straight. They can't be saying things left and right and not have their stories match up. You don't need Kathleen to realise their relationship is not real. So, they need a story. He needs to get on that as fast as possible.

Derek got up from his couch and went to grab his jacket when Mark decided to open the door straight, hitting him right in the head.

"Ahh, you son of a- ugh," he fell back, grunting and holding the spot right above his eye.

"Oh, sorry. You alright?" Mark asked, genuinely worried.

"Do I look okay?" Derek glared at him.

"Let me get you an ice pack," he said, closing the door and going straight to the kitchen.

"Thanks," Derek sighed, sucking in the air when he pressed too hard on it.

"What were you even doing at the door?" he asked while looking through the freezer.

"I was- ahhh- going to meet someone," he spoke through the pain.

"Maybe if you'd stop touching it, it wouldn't hurt so much," Mark handed him some frozen peas in a dish towel.

"Thanks," he put it against his forehead.

"Who were you so eager to meet," he sat down beside him.

"I wasn't eager," Derek rolled his eyes. There's nothing eager about wanting to meet up with Meredith. She's not the person you'd put everything on hold for. Okay, he does owe her big time. Big, big time, but she's no saint either.

"Who were you going to meet up with, Derek?" Mark was losing his patience.

"Meredith."

"I thought we were hating her," Mark furrowed his eyebrows.

"We are or were. But now I owe her... big time."

"What did you do?"

"There's a slight chance I told everyone we- you know- did it... in the bathroom at the party," Derek felt his cheeks heat up.

"Yes, the night you had crazy wild sex. I already know about this," Mark gestured with his hands.

Derek nodded, "Yes, that is what you think happened but what actually happened is that I was drunk out of my mind on Dad's anniversary, and she helped me sober up in the bathroom even though Icalledherabitchafewminutesearlier," he mumbled under his breath.

"That's fucked up," Mark chuckled.

"Make matters worse," he sighed, "She's spending Thanksgiving with the family."

Mark just started laughing. Derek wasn't surprised. What else did he expect from Mark Sloan. To feel sympathy?

"Fuck you," Derek rolled his eyes.