Chapter 8

She was going to the party. Cristina actually persuaded her to get her anti-social ass up from bed and go to the party. She even got her to wear something slutty. Izzy had the day off today and she only had two classes, so they went shopping. She dragged Meredith from store to store making her try on dresses. Somewhere between the time they were out it went from shopping for a dress to a full-on make-over. Meredith had her hair done, her nails done and even her make-up. They came home with a few bags of clothing that she could wear for other parties. Meredith tried to tell Izzy that one dress would suffice but she wouldn't listen. So now she came home with three bags that were not only filled with dresses but clothes that didn't contain sweats and jumpers,

Meredith stumbled into their dorm, and for the first time, she felt like she could breathe.

"Oh my god, remind me never to go shopping with Izzy again," Meredith groaned as she put her bags down.

"Wow, she really did a number on you didn't she," Cristina admired her new look, "You look hot babe."

"Thanks," Meredith let herself fall on her bed.

"Get dressed, we're leaving in a few minutes," Cristina ordered as she went to her wardrobe.

"Ugh, do we have to? I'm too tired to move a limb," Meredith argued.

"Suck it up. Trust me, when you get alcohol in you, you'll feel much better," Cristina's muffled voice came as she looked for a dress.

"Yeah," Meredith breathed, knowing very well she was not drinking a drop.

Not that she hates alcohol, she just knows that she'll do something absolutely horrible, and she'll feel like shit for weeks.

Meredith forced herself off her bed and went to grab one of her dresses. She took out a black slip dress with spaghetti straps and a split hem that ended above her knees. She paired it with some black high heels. Her hair was perfectly curled over her shoulders. She didn't have a lot of makeup on. Little eye shadow with mascara and shiny lip balm. She never was one to obsess over make-up.

During their time out Izzy of course dragged her to get contact lenses. She used to have them but stopped wearing them when it became too much of a hassle. So, now she was standing in front of the mirror looking at herself. Tears stung her eyes as she was reminded of her high school years. Reminded of her old self. Part of her missed the old Meredith. The one that was confident and wasn't self-conscious. The one that wasn't scared to get out of her comfort zone.

"Hey," Cristina turned to her, "You, okay?"

"Yeah," Meredith smiled, choking back a tear, "I'm great."

"Then why are you about to cry?"

"It's nothing, it's just... I was reminded of someone I used to know. I'm fine, really," Meredith gave her, her best fake smile and turned back to look at herself.

If she was honest with herself, she missed her old self. Some of her old self. She forgot she had a body like this. The dress accentuated her curves perfectly. The dress wrapped tightly around her hips and ass, which obviously drives men crazy, and made her a little uncomfortable. Thinking about how all the guys are going to be checking her ass out. She shook her head quickly and slid her two hands down her side. Her gaze went over her legs that looked long and skinny with her heels.

"Scratch my earlier statement. Now you look hot as hell," Cristina said as she stood behind her.

"You're not bad yourself," Meredith smirked.

"Oh, I know."

"Of course," Meredith giggled.

"You guys ready?" Izzy knocked on the door, already opening it, "Wow Mer. You look hot!"