Chapter 12

"You WHAT?" Cristina said louder than intended.

"Oh my god! Were you eavesdropping?" Meredith snapped at Izzy.

"No," Izzy chuckled, "But I was about to go out and I heard the end of your conversation.

"Meredith," Cristina interrupted, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Spending thanksgiving with Derek," she said shyly.

"How? Why? I thought you hated him?" Cristina was lost for words.

"I do, sort of. He's still an asshole," Meredith made sure they understood what she thought of him. She wasn't sure why she thought she needed to make sure they understood what she thought of him.

"So, then what happened? Did he make you orgasm or what?"

"Cristina!" Meredith looked at her friend like she just committed murder.

"It's a genuine question," she put her hands up in protest.

"No," Meredith glared at her, "he did not make me orgasm."

"Then what on earth made you agree to go with him?"

"It's complicated," she put out her hands.

"He batted his gorgeous blue eyes at her, and she fell at his feet," Izzy told Cristina in a high-pitched princess voice, which earned her a death glare from Meredith.

"I did not drop onto my knees," she rolled her eyes.

"So, he did bat his eyes," Cristina gasped.

"No," Meredith was quick to defend, "No, he did not bat his eyes. His mother was visiting and in the cry of help he lied to her mother and told her he has a girlfriend. And unfortunate for me, my name popped up," she pointed her thumb at herself.

"Still don't get the point," Cristina looked at her puzzled.

"Well, believe it or not Mrs Shepherd is hard to say no to. I was just about to say no to her son, but Mrs Shepherd came up to us with this huge smile plastered on her face and I just couldn't make Derek look stupid in front of her."

"You LiKe him," Cristina gasped, emphasising the word 'like'.

"That's what I said," Izzy said with the same energy and sat down beside Cristina on the bed.

"I do not like him," Meredith was quick to defend herself.

"You do," Izzy and Cristina said at the same time.

"Why exactly are you here?" Meredith asked.

"I live here," Cristina leaned back against the wall.

"Yeah, but she doesn't," she pointed at Izzy.

"I live across the hall, I technically live here," Izzy explained. Meredith rolled her eyes.

"So, what is your relationship with him now. Do we still hate his guts?" Cristina asked.

"Yes! Definitely," Meredith said little bit too eager.

"Wow, think about your answer much?" Cristina teased.

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes, "The main point is we hate his guts and I'm going to spend Thanksgiving with his family," Meredith ended the conversation with slapping her hands on her thighs.

"Oh, honey," Cristina laughed, "You're so screwed."

"I know," Meredith moaned and threw herself on her bed.

"I mean who gets into these situations?"

"Meredith Grey, that's who," she groaned.

"I think it's a great idea," Izzy butted in.

"You what?" Cristina looked at her with her eyes wide.

"Try not to laugh Cristina," Meredith warned Cristina with a smirk.

"I'm serious," there was no hint of humour seen on Izzy's face, "Think about it. Meredith goes and spends Thanksgiving there. They start to get to know each other until they realise there's an undeniable connection between the two of them and one thing leads to another and they're in bed making love," Izzy finishes without batting an eye.

"Are you shitting my dick?" Cristina laughed, "What kind of delusional princess, fairy tale fantasy are you living in barbie," she snarked. Meredith on the other hand had freaking out plastered all over her face.

"You can't be serious, Izzy," Meredith said in a wary voice.

"I am," she nodded.

"Get your head out of your ass Izzy," Cristina got serious, "Do you know the chances of what you explained actually happening?" she took a momentary pause, "Zero. What you just explained only happens in sappy tv romances. Not real life."

"What you explained is the start of happy ending love story and there's no such thing, that's crap," Meredith continued.

"She's right," Cristina pointed a thumb at her while looking at Izzy.

"You must have sad lives if you don't believe in love," Izzy shook her head in disbelief.

"Believe me, we know," Meredith said with a strong voice, "Now that we made fun of my sad life I'm going to go back to studying because I don't want to be a dropout."

"And I need to go out," Izzy got up from the bed.

"Bye Iz," Cristina said while she took out her human anatomy book.

"Bye," Meredith repeated, her head already in her books.

"Bye guys," she closed the door behind her and let them be.