Chapter 6

It was a beautiful day. Considering that it was fall, the weather was beautiful and warm. The sun was shining, and everyone was wearing shorts. Everyone except Meredith. She was sticking with her ... look. Everyone looked at her weirdly. People stared at her as she walked the halls. Izzy told her she should wear something less warm, but Meredith of course didn't listen. She told her she'll be fine. Shorts and a tank top sounded pretty damn amazing right about now. She was sweating and found it difficult to breathe. She thought she could take off her jumper but then she would become all jumpy and uncomfortable.

"Meredith, are you sure you don't want to remove your jumper?" Izzy asked as they went to grab something for lunch.

"No, I'm fine," Meredith lied as she pulled the sleeves up.

"Mer, your face is burning up. It's practically red."

"I can't control what my body does. I feel fine. I'm not hot."

"Uh huh," Izzy rolled her eyes.

"I'm really not," Meredith protested.

"Okay sure."

"I'm really not Izzy," Meredith snapped.

"And I believe you," Izzy put her hands up, "What do you want?" Izzy asked as they walked up to the line at the café.

"I'm really not that hungry," Meredith muttered.

"You will be, and you need your energy to study so, what do you want," Izzy turned to her.

"What are you having?" Meredith asked.

"A burrito and a coffee maybe two. I have so much stuff to do today. I need to be awake," Izzy groaned.

"I- I'll have the same but just one coffee," Meredith giggled. She took out her wallet ready to pay when Izzy put a hand over it.

"You'll get the next one,"

"Oh, thanks, I'll go find us table," Meredith said and went outside. They finally got to eat lunch outside of the school building.

Izzy came right after her and put the tray in front of them.

"Thanks," Meredith said, and she took her first bite.

Izzy nodded and unwrapped hers, "How are you surviving the first month?" Izzy asked.

"So far so good. I understand the topic so I can't be doing that bad, right?"

"No, definitely not. Although bichemistry has been kicking my ass," Izzy grunted.

"Really? I like biochemistry."

"Lucky. At least McDreamy's cute to look at," Izzy sort of mumbled under her breath.

"McDreamy's what?" Meredith choked on her food as she tried to catch her breath.

"Here, have some coffee," Izzy quickly put the cup in her hand.

Meredith took a huge sip and looked at Izzy with worry in her eyes, "He's what?"

"Derek. He's the TA in my biochem lab class," Izzy stated, "Which reminds me, what's going on between you and him. I heard a rumour going on that you dumped coffee over him."

"Oh," Meredith blushed, "Yeah, that's true. But in my defence, he was being an asshole. I mean, that man can't let things go. He holds onto grudges like his life depends on it. And he's an asshole. Asshole with perfect hair and pretty eyes. And he's cocky and full of himself. I mean he can't even take a joke. A joke Izzy," Meredith looked at her for the first time.