Chapter - 1

Myra's POV

"Neev is fine now Mr. Singhania. His reports are clear." I mentioned gulping hard staring at the person sitting besides hospital bed.

"Hmm" Mr. Singhania, caressed hairs of his 6 months son who was sleeping under effects of medicines.

"You can take him home tomorrow morning."

"Ok" I heard his pale voice. His red swollen eyes told story of his sleepless nights

"I will take your leave."

I waited for his answer but his son had held his entire attention.

I came out taking deep breath. I badly need a coffee now.

"Hey Myra, how's that little boy?" Nancy, my collegue asked from behind.

"He is fine for now." I crossed my fingers hoping best for the little one.

"That's good. This was third time that boy had high fever right."

"Yes. His innocent soul has crushed by some selfish people." I felt disgusted.

"Take some rest. Since morning you are with that boy. Now his father is here you can go home and relax." Nancy started brewing coffee for herself.

"No I have to see Granny, I haven't seen her from morning." I shook her head taking deep breath.

"Dr. Myra, Dr Andrew was calling you." Nurse informed.

"Ok I will see him now."

"Hey Andrew. You called me" I entered in his cabin.

Even though Andrew was senior to me we were friends from my day one of internship.

"Yes please"

We discussed about Granny's health. She was suffering from blood cancer from last year. She was admitted in the same hospital, I am doing my internship. Trillium Health Care, Toronto.

"Myra, There are very less chances of her survival. May be max 6 or 7 months she has." Andrew squeezed my palm.

"I know." I flickered to control my tears.

'Granny is the only one whom I can call as my family. Mom died 5 years back and Dad.'

'Should I even call him Dad?'

"I had a discussion with trustees. They have already exempt you from all hospital charges but medicine charges and specialist fees... I am sorry but you have to arrange it."

"I understand. I will see what I can do."

"Myra I am your friend. If you need any help I am there."

"Thanks Andrew you have been there always for me in this last year."

"Myra it's hard but be practical. Your granny does not have much time. There is no cure. You can shift her in any community centre old age home care. It will lessen your financial burden at least." I stared at his concerned eyes.

"No I will manage."

"I am there with you always" he wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"Thanks for being there for me."

"Always"

Andrew is the only one who had supported me in this last year.

I took leave from Andrew and went to meet Granny. I entered inside intensive care unit. My Granny was sleeping under medicines effect.

"Granny, what should I do? I don't know."

"I am tired Granny" I held her withered palm in mine keeping my head on her bed.