Chapter - 16

"This is your last chance Neil. If you ever hurt Myra, I will take her away from you. You better be careful." Neil remembered his father's words just before they leave from hospital.

He looked at girl sitting on the back seat of the car with his son. Her gaze was fixed on his son who was holding her little finger and continuously putting in his mouth. Whereas Myra was busy guiding him not to do that explaining there will be germs on her finger which will go in his body.

Neev's gaze went to the bandage on her wrist where earlier doctors had put saline. He held tightly being inquisitive which earned hiss sound from Myra in pain. Neev immediately released his hold and took his hand back staring at his mother's painfull face with wide open eyes.

In a moment, Myra' s eyes filled with tears. Looking at her teary eyes, Neev protruded his lips. He was on the verge of crying.

"No Neev. It's ok. It's fine." Myra cupped his face with other hand.

But still her son was not convinced and tear rolled over his chubby cheeks.

"See nothing happened to Mumma. Mumma is all fine." Her gentle voice gave some assurance to her possessive son. He kept on looking at her bandage.

"No. No" he shook his head cutely.

Myra smiled at his gesture.

Now, he was brushing his little fingers on white piece of cloth with brief touch. His feathery touch gave goosebumps to his mother and her lips stretched with smile.

"Mumma" He raised his hand to touch her chin.

Neil was observing two from rear view camera, he did not intervene but kept on giving glances in the mirror. He was trying his hard to keep his eyes on busy road. His heart was filled with satisfaction. Along with him there was someone who loved his son unconditionally just a simple feeling filled his heart with peace.

Neil parked car in parking area. He came out and taking round he opened back door for Myra. She turned to take Neev.

"You come out. I will carry him." He knew she had fresh wound on her wrist.

It will be painful for her to hold Neev.

She did not meet her eyes with him but followed his instructions.

Three entered inside and were welcomed by Julia. She came forward to pull Myra in bear hug.

"I am so so happy that you are back." Julia caressed her hairs with motherly love.

One pair of eye were looking at them with utter shock. His open mouth and wide eyes were clear representation of his baffled state.

"You need rest. Go to your room. I will get nice warm chicken soup for you. You will feel better."

"Thanks Julia Aunty"

This was the first time Neil observed Julia and Myra's interaction.

'She call her Aunty?' It was more like a question Neil asked to himself.

He had seen Julia from his childhood. She was his Nanny cum caretaker. He respected her, cared as well as loved her but he, himself never called her as 'Aunty'.

"Mumma" Neev called out when he saw his mother busy with Julia.

His son did not like when his mother get engrossed with someone else. He is such a attention seeker.

She turned to face Neil. His face was still masked with surprised expressions.

Neev immediately jumped in his arms to go to his mother.